Apiary Funds

Forexdude1
If you want to learn about trading Forex go to Apiary & they will help. If you want to criticize go somewhere else - Apiary do not need nor want negative people. And if you can't even spell Apiary go back to school. If you have money in your own account trade that - no one is stopping you. How much did your college education cost - if you have one, a bit more than Apiary is charging I can imagine & what pray tell did you learn there?
Why should anyone want to convince an obviously negative person anyway!
Having visited & met most of the staff recently at Apiary they did agree that their members are busy trading & learning rather than writing to people on Forums.
So why don't you visit them too - I travelled from Australia & the best day of my trip was the day I spent with the Apiary folks.

Dearest KDubois: I refuse to get into a drama scene to see who needs the strongest hit of midol. It's not my style.

What I do want are answers to my questions up above. Apiary's forum isn't the most robust. I would prefer hearing these answers from people that are actually trading with Apiary rather than speaking with someone who is an actual representative/employee of Apiary. I do not need to travel from anywhere to get these answers.
Word of mouth from personal experience is what I want, then I shall look into speaking with a representative of Apiary.

I will not recommend them to anyone until I can get clear answers. Which is appearing to be near impossible at the present time.

In theory, it sounds wonderful, for those that are just starting out. It would be perfect for a lady I know that has just retired. Our schedules don't mesh in order for me to coach her. (Have been trading for 10 years) However, plenty of questions are left unanswered.

I read a book a while back with a familiar sounding scenario called "The Complete Turtle Trader" by Michael Cowel. The only differences are Richard Dennis and William Eckhardt did not require an intial investment($1295.00) and a reocurring investment($100) to learn how to use their system and make them money. I wonder if Apiary teaches the same system? If so, you can get the system and rules online for free!
It is a fabulous business model. You pay me $1295.00 to teach you a trading system. You also pay me a $100 per month reocurring fee while you are learning and practicing. In return, when I feel you are ready, I will fund an account for you, with a portion of the money you have already paid me, and keep charging you $100 per month and take 40% of your earnings. This will cover what little overhead I have and allow me to make a substantial profit off of your hard work. You will have to generate $250.00 per month, off of a $1000.00 account, just to break even. I get to keep your $100 payment plus 40% of your monthly profits.
I think that is an awesome deal! I will entice you with offers of placing additional funds in your account if you do well and make me more money, while I still continue to take 40% from you. I've made a minimum of $1600.00 off of you within 6 months. If I find 9,999 other people like you I have made $16,000,000.00 in 6 months. Now my initial investment is $10,000.00 to fund the accounts of 10,000 people. I receive $1,000,000.00 a month in residual payments from unsuspecting souls as yourself and take 40% of your earnings each month. If you fail, I suspend your account, make you practice for 3 months, and collect $300.00 for 3 months of tech fees.

I love it!!!

Correction, meant to say my initial investment is $10,000,000.00 to fund 10,000 accounts. For that investment in people like you, at a minimum I make $1,000,000.00 per month plus 40% of the profits from 10,000.00 people.

dont u just love it when every person who is singing wonders has less then 5 posts... good going....

Does the number of posts I have really matter? Guess you were gullable enough to buy into it? Don`t be angry, was just trying to keep people like you from being duped.

So, if you can trade, why not just trade for your self... 2000 for an online course is a bit steep...and if its not working, its not refundable...according to thier support people...Thus far its a learn on your own, and if that doesnt work, too bad, your out 2k....for people that need a mentor to teach them how to trade, and coach them, Apiary falls far short....

Dearest KDubois: I refuse to get into a drama scene to see who needs the strongest hit of midol. It's not my style.

What I do want are answers to my questions up above. Apiary's forum isn't the most robust. I would prefer hearing these answers from people that are actually trading with Apiary rather than speaking with someone who is an actual representative/employee of Apiary. I do not need to travel from anywhere to get these answers.
Word of mouth from personal experience is what I want, then I shall look into speaking with a representative of Apiary.

I will not recommend them to anyone until I can get clear answers. Which is appearing to be near impossible at the present time.

In theory, it sounds wonderful, for those that are just starting out. It would be perfect for a lady I know that has just retired. Our schedules don't mesh in order for me to coach her. (Have been trading for 10 years) However, plenty of questions are left unanswered.

Forex Dude,

Dont waste her money...She can get better training at babypips beginner course...I tried apiary and left after a week...and had to fight tooth and nail to get my money returned...One of the guys I know there had to wait a yr to get funded...just an FYI...

I read a book a while back with a familiar sounding scenario called "The Complete Turtle Trader" by Michael Cowel. The only differences are Richard Dennis and William Eckhardt did not require an intial investment($1295.00) and a reocurring investment($100) to learn how to use their system and make them money. I wonder if Apiary teaches the same system? If so, you can get the system and rules online for free!
It is a fabulous business model. You pay me $1295.00 to teach you a trading system. You also pay me a $100 per month reocurring fee while you are learning and practicing. In return, when I feel you are ready, I will fund an account for you, with a portion of the money you have already paid me, and keep charging you $100 per month and take 40% of your earnings. This will cover what little overhead I have and allow me to make a substantial profit off of your hard work. You will have to generate $250.00 per month, off of a $1000.00 account, just to break even. I get to keep your $100 payment plus 40% of your monthly profits.
I think that is an awesome deal! I will entice you with offers of placing additional funds in your account if you do well and make me more money, while I still continue to take 40% from you. I've made a minimum of $1600.00 off of you within 6 months. If I find 9,999 other people like you I have made $16,000,000.00 in 6 months. Now my initial investment is $10,000.00 to fund the accounts of 10,000 people. I receive $1,000,000.00 a month in residual payments from unsuspecting souls as yourself and take 40% of your earnings each month. If you fail, I suspend your account, make you practice for 3 months, and collect $300.00 for 3 months of tech fees.

I love it!!!

So you need to make 25% a month to cover costs? Who falls for nonsense like this?

Does the number of posts I have really matter? Guess you were gullable enough to buy into it? Don`t be angry, was just trying to keep people like you from being duped.

Are you kidding ?

Apologies a little holiday sand still in the shorts....on reflection a single post can provide more quality than 10,000 poor ones..... (look at me )....but rarely ...and in this business we try to go with the overall long term stats....

Seriously - if I had a $1 for every "has anyone heard of X" Thread started by a sub 5 poster .....

I have advocated that T2W start all new thread starters that are Sub 50 posts in a probation area.........few will ever progress beyond that if all they do is sell

N

Jesus wept.
If this company are resorting to constructing an entire thread populated by shills, in order to bull**** newbie's into joining their training/donation programme, then they need outing.
How about a senior/legendary member or two joining up and shining a light on them?

-"Is there a cost?"
-"Yes. The regular cost to go through the internship and training to become a money manager is $1297."

Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter horsecrap.
Train and churn; train and churn etc etc.

Forexdude1
If you want to learn about trading Forex go to Apiary & they will help. If you want to criticize go somewhere else - Apiary do not need nor want negative people. And if you can't even spell Apiary go back to school. If you have money in your own account trade that - no one is stopping you. How much did your college education cost - if you have one, a bit more than Apiary is charging I can imagine & what pray tell did you learn there?
Why should anyone want to convince an obviously negative person anyway!
Having visited & met most of the staff recently at Apiary they did agree that their members are busy trading & learning rather than writing to people on Forums.
So why don't you visit them too - I travelled from Australia & the best day of my trip was the day I spent with the Apiary folks.

G'day KDubois
I am in Melbourne Australia...can we chat?

My opinion after talking to Apiary's staff and doing my research: run in the other direction before you get stung.

First, the posters here talking about their positive experiences are obviously shills. One of them even went out of their way to explain that they've been 'lurking forever'. Oh come on now, how obvious is that?

Second, this is a company that clearly pushes boiler room tactics on you. During the webinar I attended one of their reps said "If you guys are telling me you don't have the money that sounds like a cop out because I warned you at the very beginning that there was an investment involved and you sat through a 30 minute webinar...". They called me for weeks after I refused to sign with them. Once they left a voicemail after they had thought they hung up the phone. One of them was saying "I couldn't understand if this guy had money or not, what the heck...".

Once you give someone your hard earned money for training and a possible option to trade money, you have no control over that money, its theirs and they get to decide how much you can trade and even if you can trade. Do you honestly want to do that? Plus, you have a fixed cost, a platform that costs $97 a month that you have to pay for (and if its metatrader, you are a sucker because MT4 and 5 are free). If you're trading FX depth of market is not going to be reliable, we're talking a multi-trillion dollar market. You think they're going to give you the UBS dealing feed for that little, when institutions pay over a thousand bucks a month for it? If you want you can get the 6E futures contract depth of market for less than $97.

If you take that same money and deposit it into an account you have full control over it, and what they give you initially to trade with isn't that much more IF they even give it to you. Is their training worth $1200 for one month? I don't think so, when books are much cheaper and the internet is free. There are even trading rooms you can join for about a third of that price that have educational material on there. Tread carefully, people. Consider risk and time value of money in all of your decisions.

Last edited:
O...Kaayyy. A new member of this forum here. I read the whole string. I attended an APIARY webinar yesterday. I got a call this morning from Utah, but let it go to answering machine, as I wanted to research Apiary first, then come up with a list of questions for their sales rep.
What I did not see in this discussion was any mention of how many traders Apiary actually funds, and to what amount of trading capital they allot to these individuals.
I believe their first allotment is in the order of $2500, then 10k, 25k 50k etc. AS you, the trader, continue to trade successfully, the percentage paid out to you caps out at 85% when you are trading 250k and higher.
What I want to know is how many of these (satellite?) traders are being paid at this 85%? or trading more than 250k of Apiary's capital? I want to know how many traders are trading at each level. 2500, 5k, 10k...50k, etc. I want stats on what percentage of their students actually get funded by Apiary. I want stats on how long they last, how many progress? How many blow out in the first year of trading real money? How quickly do the "successful" traders go from trading 2500 to trading 100k? and what is that percentage among the total number of traders.
I don't think Apiary will be able to provide me these statistics, and I think that would be a real shame. How a so called "Crowd -sourcing" prop money fund could succeed without keeping stats on their program would baffle me. That alone would not pass the smell test.
In any event, ladies & gentlemen, I couldn't find all my answers here, so I will go back to Apiary and see what I may glean from them.
I want stats~ I am the "stat whore". Quantifiable Numbers can tell give us the big story on Apiary....So, with that, I will sign off. I'll let you know what I find in my quest for numbers...

How a so called "Crowd -sourcing" prop money fund could succeed without keeping stats on their program would baffle me. That alone would not pass the smell test.

It's pretty simple in my view.

Traders all do better when they have income on the side. Many of them run their own business, and one of the options is doing trader education. That's exactly what these guys are doing.

The metrics will tell you that most of the people who sign up are simply paying $1200 for information they could have gotten for free over the internet, and for someone else to scream trading cliches at them: "Cut your losers! Ride your winner! Trade with the trend!". I guess sometimes people need to pay in order to feel they are getting value.

I guarantee you they don't have some proprietary quant research team sitting there running stats in Matlab to offer you some hot strategy. Besides they know most of their customers wouldn't be able to trade a profitable strategy anyway. You're just going to get classic technical analysis ideas that are available at any website.

As for managing someone else's money, if there are no clear criteria of how much you need to make in order to get an account, then its all in the hands of the people who make the decision. It's not a contract, in other words. If they said something like "50 trade sample, profit factor of 1.5, returns with a positive skew of X, etc", that would be a different story. So you're basically paying for a call option without even knowing what the strike price is.

Worst of all, these guys act in a scammy way. They use pressure sales tactics which I've seen a lot of in this business, including forum shills. If I hear another 'These seats are in high demand, so act now!", I'll puke.

There's a good article on this overall phenomina, google an article called "Here's Proof that Day trading is dead". Granted, I don't believe it's dead (and neither does that author), but check the section on what it says on trading firms. Something to think about.

And if any of the Apiary guys are reading this (which they always do because they're scouring forums), you guys really need to get your act together, stop the high pressure sales tactics, and develop a sense of transparency.

It's pretty simple in my view.

Traders all do better when they have income on the side. Many of them run their own business, and one of the options is doing trader education. That's exactly what these guys are doing.

The metrics will tell you that most of the people who sign up are simply paying $1200 for information they could have gotten for free over the internet, and for someone else to scream trading cliches at them: "Cut your losers! Ride your winner! Trade with the trend!". I guess sometimes people need to pay in order to feel they are getting value.

I guarantee you they don't have some proprietary quant research team sitting there running stats in Matlab to offer you some hot strategy. Besides they know most of their customers wouldn't be able to trade a profitable strategy anyway. You're just going to get classic technical analysis ideas that are available at any website.

As for managing someone else's money, if there are no clear criteria of how much you need to make in order to get an account, then its all in the hands of the people who make the decision. It's not a contract, in other words. If they said something like "50 trade sample, profit factor of 1.5, returns with a positive skew of X, etc", that would be a different story. So you're basically paying for a call option without even knowing what the strike price is.

Worst of all, these guys act in a scammy way. They use pressure sales tactics which I've seen a lot of in this business, including forum shills. If I hear another 'These seats are in high demand, so act now!", I'll puke.

There's a good article on this overall phenomina, google an article called "Here's Proof that Day trading is dead". Granted, I don't believe it's dead (and neither does that author), but check the section on what it says on trading firms. Something to think about.

And if any of the Apiary guys are reading this (which they always do because they're scouring forums), you guys really need to get your act together, stop the high pressure sales tactics, and develop a sense of transparency.

Well said ,i so hate these people they are taking vunerable people, ie people whom cannot trade ,or have traded and lost and telling them they can make money with them.So not true ,you will not make any money with these people,and they DO NOT fund you, you fund yourself out of the money you pay them,Its a con simply put, do not trade with them ,do not hand over any money.They say in the adverts that they will fund you that is an out and out lie they do not fund you.Prop firms let me tell you my son worked in Canary wharf for a few years and he was a trader made his money and got out and i can tell you that prop firms are treated by legit traders as well shall we say less than savory.Do not touch them.Regards Mike...p.s however i would be pleased to hear from anyone whom did make it with a prop firm and please lets have no one from a prop firm you will quickly be outed.Regards Mike.One other item, i went to one of these seminars in London a few years ago about 4 years to be exact i cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company.Point 1 i asked to have a look around the trading floor it was refused on the grounds it was to busy second point i met two people there with whom i struck up a rappor with one was funding this so called funded trading with a Gold credit card and the other was taking a loan out with Barclays there and then(they had the paperwork all there for you) the one whom was taking the loan out with Barclays said to me that this was his last chance, and belive me he was desperate. I have often wondered what happend to them. I so hate these people.Mike.

Last edited:
Apiary Fund

Thanks for information I wil start with Apiary.
Happy traing.
Thank you KDubois, Harrison Marianne for information.
I start with Apiary Fund in june 2012.
Now I'm a funded trader more than a year.
And I can say that Apiary has respected all the promises.

I am in the first month with Apiary and I am wondering what is their expected monthly return once you get funded?

Last edited: