Apiary Funds

I've day-traded with Cy-Group (prop firm) but didn't like the Laser
platform so left them. (It's great for trade execution but I hated it
for trade management.) Anyway, I decided to give Apiary a go as I am
supposed to have access to their funds (like I did with CY). I haven't
made many posts on trade2win but I've been lurking for years, so take
it for what it is worth. I only signed up a week ago. If they ever
fund me I'll let you know.

So it is now March, how is the trading going? I am thinking of signing up & would love to hear from more people who are with them or know of someone who is?

Hi, I'd like to hear from those who completed the Apiary training and are now managing the money for some time. As I can see, there's more of us :)

My initial thoughts: Making 100/day on 1000 account is a death wish. The max 50:1 leverage is still too high. Even 5:1 would be too high. All-in-all it seems like folks at Apiary are selling courses for one-time fee $1000 and then for $100/month so called technology fee. I don't know. If I was going to train a bunch of ppl who are supposed to trade MY money, I'd do it for less. Anyway, isn't it a bit strange that on Level I you start with $1000 account and the course fee is in fact $1000?

People who make these quotes obviously have no experience with Apiary at all.

Let me give you my back ground with them. I got started last June. I was funded last October, with 2500 dollars. That is their money not mine. I can tell you that they are the real deal. I am expected to be profitable (obviously). The first month when I was funded I made $127.56. Then low and behold I got a check in the mail about 2 weeks later for $76.54. The next two months I lost money and was under the original 2500 dollars. The last 3 months of the year I have been profitable, and have talked with them they are preparing to fund me at a level 1.

They don't have a daily target, obviously there are daily, weekly goals, but if I don't they haven't taken their money away from me. So I would agree with "club" and "ptaczek" that IF that WERE the expectation, then yes that would not be favorable for anyone. But I can say from personal experience that ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GET FUNDED WITH THESE GUYS IT IS THEIR OWN FAULT and no one else's.

I would imagine if I were in their shoes that everyone probably thinks they are the best trader in the world. And if you just give them 100k of their money then they will prove it to you. How stupid do you think these guys are? I wouldn't give a dime of my money to any poor sucker that tells me how good they are until they PROVE it. I can honestly say that if you are too cheap to pay 1000 bucks to learn a proven system where they put up their money at their risk ONCE you prove yourself. Then you deserve to lose your money.

I just love these forums where people who have no experience with a company talk like they are experts on it. So take it from someone who has been there. These guys are everything that they claim to be. This is just one person's humble option.

How much do Apiary Traders make?

You're expected to make 100 / day on a 1,000 account?

Good luck with that.

At last somebody with some more information. Thank you for your answer HarrisonMarianne. From my experience, ppl all over the internet tend to exaggerate and throw dirt on companies for miniscule reasons.
So if I understand it right, you'll get educated by them and then you're going to trade their system? Isn't it possible to prove myself with my system and trade their capital?

Tnx.

Let me give you my back ground with them. I got started last June. I was funded last October, with 2500 dollars. That is their money not mine. I can tell you that they are the real deal. I am expected to be profitable (obviously). The first month when I was funded I made $127.56. Then low and behold I got a check in the mail about 2 weeks later for $76.54. The next two months I lost money and was under the original 2500 dollars. The last 3 months of the year I have been profitable, and have talked with them they are preparing to fund me at a level 1.

They don't have a daily target, obviously there are daily, weekly goals, but if I don't they haven't taken their money away from me. So I would agree with "club" and "ptaczek" that IF that WERE the expectation, then yes that would not be favorable for anyone. But I can say from personal experience that ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GET FUNDED WITH THESE GUYS IT IS THEIR OWN FAULT and no one else's.

I would imagine if I were in their shoes that everyone probably thinks they are the best trader in the world. And if you just give them 100k of their money then they will prove it to you. How stupid do you think these guys are? I wouldn't give a dime of my money to any poor sucker that tells me how good they are until they PROVE it. I can honestly say that if you are too cheap to pay 1000 bucks to learn a proven system where they put up their money at their risk ONCE you prove yourself. Then you deserve to lose your money.

I just love these forums where people who have no experience with a company talk like they are experts on it. So take it from someone who has been there. These guys are everything that they claim to be. This is just one person's humble option.

don't know anything about these guys but when new posters register just to defend something then whatever it is they're defending is quite likely to be complete spank....

I have never traded with this firm just to be upfront. But what I can tell you is that the invite to the webinar included a phone call about 50 minutes ahead of it to remind me. (Good thing I forgot about it, as most of these things are scams at best.) None the less, I thought that I would have a go and see what it is all about.

When I got to the presentation, it took about 70 minutes for the guy to come out and explain the "value" of the training that they offer. While they don't want to make any money off of you, the wish to recoup their costs. (Odd really, considering they say that you are a profit machine afterwards and they are willing to fund you and take a small cut for it.) The cost is $1,275 is memory serves me right. ( * Maybe $1,295) Either way, it would have been nice to know that about 65 minutes ahead of time. They do present other educational services that they were interested in "partnering with" but found them to be far too expensive so they thought they would just do it themselves. One was $7000......

I can't say they are a scam, but I certainly don't like companies that waste 70 minutes of my time to sell me something. If it takes you that long, something is rotten in the state of Denmark......

The first 2 pages of this thread seemed to be posted by shills for them. (new members with 1st post, 2nd post) and by page four I hear they want $1,200 to $1,300 of my money to trade for them. My thoughts are that they lure in a bunch of newbies, take their money in course and other fees and if anybody does happen to be a trading star they return some of the money they make for them. Sounds like a good deal to be on the
other side of.

Last edited:
Thank you Marianne, I also signed up & whilst at the beginning I was a little sceptical (which is always good). They do provide lots of training - the amount you do & how your progress is really up to you. Lots of webinars & live trading to watch every day. Have learned a lot about MT4 & learn more all the time. The forums are also very good & there are a number of very knowledgeable people involved. Layne Rasmussen I have found particularly helpful & sincere. Compared with most other firms they are very reasonably priced. Quite a few are starting to offer similar deals but generally charge a lot more. My only complaint is they can be a little slow in replying to my emails (I don't ring - different time zone) & I think they still have a few teething problems. But the concept is good. I look forward to becoming a professional trader. Reward is equal to the effort.

Thank you Marianne, I also signed up & whilst at the beginning I was a little sceptical (which is always good). They do provide lots of training - the amount you do & how your progress is really up to you. Lots of webinars & live trading to watch every day. Have learned a lot about MT4 & learn more all the time. The forums are also very good & there are a number of very knowledgeable people involved. Layne Rasmussen I have found particularly helpful & sincere. Compared with most other firms they are very reasonably priced. Quite a few are starting to offer similar deals but generally charge a lot more. My only complaint is they can be a little slow in replying to my emails (I don't ring - different time zone) & I think they still have a few teething problems. But the concept is good. I look forward to becoming a professional trader. Reward is equal to the effort.

Hello KDubois
How much money you start trading?
How long take to start trading live?
You start with amount of?

thank you

Hello Marianne
How is trading with Apiary fund?
Thanks

Hello Marianne
How is trading with Apiary fund?
Thanks

I am trading at level one. I have had a few really good past months and so they moved me up.

Every month that there is a profit, like clock work on the 20th of the month the profits come out. Then by the the 30 there is a check in hand. Being a prop trader rocks!

Good luck to all!

Hello KDubois
How much money you start trading?
How long take to start trading live?
You start with amount of?

thank you

Hi Bade. You start in a demo account with $10,000 & you just practice & learn like any demo account. Apiary monitor this account so they know how you are going but they don't care as long as you are practising & getting the hang of it at the beginning. If you lose more than $500 in a day they will stop you out of your account to teach you risk management. When they think you are ready they will start you with their money either $1,000 or $2,500 I believe depends on how good a trader you are. They will also talk to you before they give you one of these accounts, as you prove yourself & become a better trader your account size will be monitored & you will be given larger accounts to trade with. This is at least my understanding of how it all operates.
I have been trading in my demo account about 45 days - down about $900 & have done 87 trades. I am really enjoying the experience.

I am trading at level one. I have had a few really good past months and so they moved me up.

Every month that there is a profit, like clock work on the 20th of the month the profits come out. Then by the the 30 there is a check in hand. Being a prop trader rocks!

Good luck to all!

Thanks for information I will start with Apiary.
Hapyy trading.

Hi Bade. You start in a demo account with $10,000 & you just practice & learn like any demo account. Apiary monitor this account so they know how you are going but they don't care as long as you are practising & getting the hang of it at the beginning. If you lose more than $500 in a day they will stop you out of your account to teach you risk management. When they think you are ready they will start you with their money either $1,000 or $2,500 I believe depends on how good a trader you are. They will also talk to you before they give you one of these accounts, as you prove yourself & become a better trader your account size will be monitored & you will be given larger accounts to trade with. This is at least my understanding of how it all operates.
I have been trading in my demo account about 45 days - down about $900 & have done 87 trades. I am really enjoying the experience.

Thanks for information I wil start with Apiary.
Happy traing.

I'm close to starting with Apiary. I'm an experienced trader and I'm not interested in the education aspect whatsoever or any proprietary methods/indicators/blah blah blah. I went through a divorce so my trading funds are pretty small and this looks like a possible opportunity to get access to more funds but at somewhat of a steep entry cost.

I've spoken with 2 people after attending the infomer... errr.. webinar. The first guy didn't last 15 minutes with me after I grilled him about how the thing sounds like a ponzi scheme. Lure in noobies for their "tuition" money and then use that to fund the few that are left standing with the tuition money of those that don't meet the "funded" trader requirements. His lack of understanding prop trading or the funded trader aspect of their program in general wasn't assuring. Every question was answered with emphasis on the education aspect of the program. He eventually handed me off to his supervisor who's been somewhat better.

I never got a clear answer as to whether the whole carrot/stick aspect is legit or not. He did send me a screenshot of their trading account monitoring program which I've seen before for MT4 fund managers. He claimed that the accounts were live and not just student demos. Their office is about about 30 min. drive away so I'll probably make a visit and try and verify that for myself.

$1200 or so more into my own trading account versus a chance to manage a higher amount is the decision. $1200 is too small to make any worthwhile difference in my existing account without over leveraging so the appeal of getting funded is what's got me interested. I'll post here if I end up signing up and what my experience is like.

(I've only got a few posts here at t2w so it may look like I'm a shill. I'm not. Look at my registered date. If you want to see more about me just go search JR97 at forexfactory or some ancient stuff at moneytec or elitetrader.)

NO offense, your small cheque of $76 doesn't even cover their monthly "tech" fee or whatever it's called. How are you making money? So far you've told me you're in the hole. How is that convincing me to sign- up.

To boot I have more money in my trading account than they would allow me to trade to begin with (lower levels). So, seriously how many people are funded at higher levels? They don't say.

HarrisonMarianne: Have you made more money to cover all of your expenses now?

(have not read the rest of the thread yet so I"m getting there)

Ok so Harrison has updated that she's been upped a level. Still not enough information on their site, not enough people signed up and having true experience with Apiery.

Last edited:
Forexdude1
If you want to learn about trading Forex go to Apiary & they will help. If you want to criticize go somewhere else - Apiary do not need nor want negative people. And if you can't even spell Apiary go back to school. If you have money in your own account trade that - no one is stopping you. How much did your college education cost - if you have one, a bit more than Apiary is charging I can imagine & what pray tell did you learn there?
Why should anyone want to convince an obviously negative person anyway!
Having visited & met most of the staff recently at Apiary they did agree that their members are busy trading & learning rather than writing to people on Forums.
So why don't you visit them too - I travelled from Australia & the best day of my trip was the day I spent with the Apiary folks.