Anyone trading Dubai Strategies?

I think that's part of the problem. It could well be that he has a solid system that makes regular gains. The problem is that he advertises that his strategies average 40% each month, which as someone commented would make him one of the best traders on the planet, yet you yourself says he uses conservative money management. He won't back down from those 40% claims which is obviously leave him open to ridicule.

I have actually neither confirmed or denied the 40% claim a month on here. My last 3 months have averaged 30% a month.

Just because some people believe impossible to gain decent %'s per month means it's impossible for everyone? Utter nonsense.

The enlightening JD said himself he is over 300% up for this year which by reckoning is superior to any hedgefund going. So is he in the top 10 traders also?

Ideas and conformities are meant to be broken.

I've said all I need to say in this thread. I'll happily answer any serious questions but refuse to keep going round in circles arguing about what is/isn't achievable.

I have actually neither confirmed or denied the 40% claim a month on here. My last 3 months have averaged 30% a month.

Just because some people believe impossible to gain decent %'s per month means it's impossible for everyone? Utter nonsense.

The enlightening JD said himself he is over 300% up for this year which by reckoning is superior to any hedgefund going. So is he in the top 10 traders also?

I've said all I need to say in this thread. I'll happily answer any serious questions but refuse to keep going round in circles arguing about what is/isn't achievable.

So putting this: "If you are looking for an extra 40% return on your capital each month then look no further, as the Dubai Strategies show you exactly how to make these gains." in your advert is not confirming that you are claiming 40% a month! How strange.

300% over 10 months is a little over 10% per month average compounded. I hasten to add that this latest dollar rally has reduced that figure significantly as it's unrealised. Anyway, my point is 10% average per month compounded, is very different to claims of 30/40% per month without compounding. Hence why you are being tagged as a snake oil merchant and you're being ridiculed.

300% over 10 months is a little over 10% per month average compounded. I hasten to add that this latest dollar rally has reduced that figure significantly as it's unrealised. Anyway, my point is 10% average per month compounded, is very different to claims of 30/40% per month without compounding. Hence why you are being tagged as a snake oil merchant and you're being ridiculed.

Being ridiculed by a group of people who haven't actually ever laid eyes on my strategies so have about as much knowledge as my nut.

I am an open and honest person, and I provide the best support I can to my members. I pride myself on offering the best support going.

I like how every single doubter has casually glossed over the fact I offered a guarantee which means if the buyer wasn't happy, they could return. I'm not holding any guns to heads.

You can think whatever you like, we clearly are on different roads and they'll never cross. I am extremely comfortable and happy with what I offer.

I'm off for now, look forward to reading more drivel tomorrow.

Am i bad? Apologies to missionary the Dubai mole.

However, what i say stands regarding DUBAI being a snake oil merchant trying to con newbies to pay for a 40% per month system. These strategies are based on past performance data, curve fitted and hence don't work in the real world. Also, any strategy producing those returns 'each' month would come with severe monthly and untradeable drawdowns, and a 100% chance of risk of ruin.

Why don't you buy it and try it? You have 30 days to check it out and get a refund if it doesn't work. You really are missing out. Why do you make such nasty comments when you haven't tried it out yourself. Shame on you.

Dubai

why dont you join the forex live calls and set up thread. There you can call the trades out in real time,live as you take them. We can then see how good you are. There are many watching the thread at all times,so it will be a great place and shop window for you. I also run a watchdog and rogue trader thread where we discuss various mentors and their methods. Im sure you wont be on that thread

Last edited:
Being ridiculed by a group of people who haven't actually ever laid eyes on my strategies so have about as much knowledge as my nut.

I am an open and honest person, and I provide the best support I can to my members. I pride myself on offering the best support going.

I like how every single doubter has casually glossed over the fact I offered a guarantee which means if the buyer wasn't happy, they could return. I'm not holding any guns to heads.

You can think whatever you like, we clearly are on different roads and they'll never cross. I am extremely comfortable and happy with what I offer.

I'm off for now, look forward to reading more drivel tomorrow.

I know nothing about your system and have no interest in seeking such knowledge. This is, in no way, meant to be a criticism of you. However, there is bound to be scepticism, purely, based on the fact that successful traders trade, they don't sell systems.

Your claim of 30-40% is quite believable. I run a currency fund for a group of friends and my average monthly return, on their investment, is in excess of 80%. The system is high risk but, yields a high reward. Would I sell my highly profitable system that has taken me thousands of hours to develop? No way

Dubai

why dont you join the forex live calls and set up thread. There you can call the trades out in real time,live as you take them. We can then see how good you are. There are many watching the thread at all times,so it will be a great place and shop window for you. I also run a watchdog and rogue trader thread where we discuss various mentors and their methods. Im sure you wont be on that thread

Hi LF, tempting but no thanks. I don't have the time or need to post a live calls thread, I do that in my own trading room, I'm not going to go out of my way to satisfy a few wombats on here. For the non believer there will never be any amount of proof.

I know nothing about your system and have no interest in seeking such knowledge. This is, in no way, meant to be a criticism of you. However, there is bound to be scepticism, purely, based on the fact that successful traders trade, they don't sell systems.

Your claim of 30-40% is quite believable. I run a currency fund for a group of friends and my average monthly return, on their investment, is in excess of 80%. The system is high risk but, yields a high reward. Would I sell my highly profitable system that has taken me thousands of hours to develop? No way

Hi Alan,

Well done on a highly successful strategy, according to some people on here, that puts you in the top 10 traders in the world. 2 on 1 thread? The chances?!:LOL:

With all due respect you do not know my reasons or circumstances for selling my strategies. No amount of sales will ever affect what I do so under my circumstances, it is what I need to do.

Well done on a highly successful strategy, according to some people on here, that puts you in the top 10 traders in the world. 2 on 1 thread? The chances?!:lol

But surely there's a difference between claiming stunning results and admitting high risk, compared to claiming 40% average per month (which I note from your earlier post has now been downgraded to 30%) on 2% risk per trade?

For the non believer there will never be any amount of proof.

A myfxbook.com link to a demo account (eventhough you now use spreadbets) on your site showing your 40% per month on 2% risk would be indisputable proof. I for one would gladly eat my words and apologise unreservedly if you could show your 2300% gain in 10 months without compounding on that.

I’ve known John from Dubai Strategies for quite a while now. In that time I have always found him to be very open and very honest. I think people will find, if they ever bother to purchase / read / test / trade the strategies, that they’d be pleasantly surprised about what they get for their money. Compared to most of the junk which is available out there Dubai Strategies are actually well thought out and, most importantly, profitable! On top of that the author is always looking to improve things and share information and ideas which will generally help you develop better trading methodologies.

Whilst folk have very good reason to be sceptical (I’m as sceptical as anyone given all the nonsense out there) it is important that scepticism doesn’t completely close off all avenues of potential learning.

Hope this helps,
Steve.

I’ve known John from Dubai Strategies for quite a while now. In that time I have always found him to be very open and very honest. I think people will find, if they ever bother to purchase / read / test / trade the strategies, that they’d be pleasantly surprised about what they get for their money. Compared to most of the junk which is available out there Dubai Strategies are actually well thought out and, most importantly, profitable! On top of that the author is always looking to improve things and share information and ideas which will generally help you develop better trading methodologies.

Whilst folk have very good reason to be sceptical (I’m as sceptical as anyone given all the nonsense out there) it is important that scepticism doesn’t completely close off all avenues of potential learning.

Hope this helps,
Steve.

thats fair enough,but all it would take is a months of live calls to settle the argument

Alan, dont take this the wrong way,but surely this site is meant to be a place to help others,but you dont seem to want to disclose how you trade? How must that look to the others reading this thread. A guys offers a method for £80 that a senior member says is ok(read what you will from that), you say there is bound to be scepticism,then this also strongly applies to what you say. At least Dubai is disclosing his methods.

Hope this helps,
Steve.

I too have been involved with John form Dubai strats for several months now and he is also an active member of our Private Forex Net Trap system (which also works!!)

I have to say through lack of time I have paper traded his e-book strats the last few months and the returns are as stated on his blog, currently around 30% p/m.

He only advises risking 2% a trade and also advises not to overtrade and to stop after 2 losses in a day and try again tomorrow.

I have this week taken some live trades form his strat 2 and they work very well, I plan to trade all his strats live the 1st week of November when we dont trade net trap for the week due to the clock change difference between UK and USA.

So I will report back the live results for that week. I will continue to paper trade it to keep tabs and If I ever went to professional trading would probably do them daily for as long as they worked.

M

Last edited:

:LOL::LOL: When I worked out my gains from our modified Forex Net Trap "Variants" I realised my gains where 9.2% p/m since Mid May start to this week, say Mid October. 5 whole Months.

Bank has risen from £5.5k start to £8k, which is 46%. This is off 1 trade a day on cable set and forget between 6.30am and 8.30am GMT and MM% is 2.67% per trade.

Compounding is included to be fair. But I had read somewhere that the "pro's" only acheive 8-11% p/a which is considered the creme de la creme.

So looks like us trappers are set to all be "pros" then this time next year. Will report back in Mid May 2011 if I should be included in the hall of fame! :p

M

:LOL::LOL: When I worked out my gains from our modified Forex Net Trap "Variants" I realised my gains where 9.2% p/m since Mid May start to this week, say Mid October. 5 whole Months.

Bank has risen from £5.5k start to £8k, which is 46%. This is off 1 trade a day on cable set and forget between 6.30am and 8.30am GMT and MM% is 2.67% per trade.

Compounding is included to be fair. But I had read somewhere that the "pro's" only acheive 8-11% p/a which is considered the creme de la creme.

So looks like us trappers are set to all be "pros" then this time next year. Will report back in Mid May 2011 if I should be included in the hall of fame! :p

M

Were the variants created because the basic system did not do what it said on the tin as it were? or the basic FNT system worked just fine and the tweaks were just improving on it?

R

Were the variants created because the basic system did not do what it said on the tin as it were? or the basic FNT system worked just fine and the tweaks were just improving on it?

R

The later. It performed ok up to May , then In June hit a -80 pip month and has performed poorly since then. That said 2010 has performed nothing like the claims made in the marketing for the last six months of 2009. FNT has had two drawdown months in 2010 and never acheived a 200 pip month yet.

The variants developed give better performance.

M

Last edited:
iirc Dubai strongly disagreed with my assertion that risking 2% per trade on a 10K account could result in 200 quid profit most trading days...Glad we got that sorted mate...:D

iirc Dubai strongly disagreed with my assertion that risking 2% per trade on a 10K account could result in 200 quid profit most trading days...Glad we got that sorted mate...:D

Lol, I remember that, I was only winding you up! :clap:

The later. It performed ok up to May , then In June hit a -80 pip month and has performed poorly since then. That said 2010 has performed nothing like the claims made in the marketing for the last six months of 2009. FNT has had two drawdown months in 2010 and never acheived a 200 pip month yet.

The variants developed give better performance.

M

So did you guys take the bones of the system and tweak it, or just dump it? D'ya reckon it (the original net-trapper) was a simple *curve fit* based on perhaps the 6 months previous? I seem to recall (at the start of the year) a few of you guys were buzzing over it...