Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

As the article explains ... the 'overbought' signals must be ignored in a uptrend, but gives clear signals on joining the trend. In this mornings chart there 2 clear signals on the retrace to firstly the 33% then the 50% retrace, the blue dotted lines.

Attachments

• dax999.PNG
    dax999.PNG
    63.4 KB · Views: 93
I don't use CCI, but this is very much it. Buy when looking oversold on a longer term uptrend. Invert this for shorts. Ignore signals contrary to main trend.

As the article explains ... the 'overbought' signals must be ignored in a uptrend, but gives clear signals on joining the trend. In this mornings chart there 2 clear signals on the retrace to firstly the 33% then the 50% retrace, the blue dotted lines.
Matches my charts. Target still 8820 but away from computer so can't check if it's on track or if it's weakening

What's your target and what signal will you use to decide when to exit the trade?

Well done for holding that long. Is it difficult to keep your nerve and simply not take the profit at, lets say, +100pt or smth round like that? Or did you simply know that around midday when it bounced off the 50% fib retracement that it will have some legs left going north?

Last edited:
What's your target and what signal will you use to decide when to exit the trade?

Well done for holding that long. Is it difficult to keep your nerve and simply not take the profit at, lets say, +100pt or smth round like that? Or did you simply know that around midday when it bounced off the 50% fib retracement that it will have some legs left going north?

I am not waiting for a certain signal or fibs ... etc , this is discretionary trading , judging by the market as a whole and by price action , its work in progress , and since it went 250 against me then i am aiming for more than that , however i am flexible , will wait and let the market decide . And no its not very hard to hold when it is deeply ITM .

Last edited:
I am not waiting for a certain signal or fibs ... etc , this is discretionary trading , judging by the market as a whole and by price action , its work in progress , and since it went 250 against me then i am aiming for more than that , however i am flexible , will wait and let the market decide . And no its not very hard to hold when it is deeply ITM .

Thank you.
Have a nice weekend Tar !

Good trade.Was it for £1 per point ?

I hate day trading

Well first day on FTSE did not go very well.

I could have got out for a small profit but then took a couple
on the S&P and lost more than I should have.

No more for me - back to long term stocks.

All the best

Andy

EVERYONE is expecting the Dow to close UP right?

'cause Mr Market just loves doing what everyone expects doesn't he?

Todays high being lower than Tuesdays was a bit of a tell.
Once she goes through 300 its goodnight Vienna.