Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

^hows the week been for you^

You may have noticed I've been out alot of the week.
Thats why I did the overnight session in Asia and the quick 75 pointer this morning.
Nothing all day until my -20 :eek:
Just curious to see what they do with the Dow in the last 30 minutes now.
+80 points in 30 mins isnt much to ask. :LOL:

You may have noticed I've been out alot of the week.
Thats why I did the overnight session in Asia and the quick 75 pointer this morning.
Nothing all day until my -20 :eek:
Just curious to see what they do with the Dow in the last 30 minutes now.
+80 points in 30 mins isnt much to ask. :LOL:

10 handles and 60 points in 15 minutes. Easy.

if i was back in my trading chair id short 1 dollar per point over the weekend .100 stop(surely the buggers wouldnt take that out)

Its a real messy end to the night / week.

A good Friday rip, almost as though nothing happened this week. Down around 160 since Monday.
Cant keep this Dow down.

Today really highlighted how newbie I remain. Leaving a big profit to get bigger on Thursday only to get nothing and watch Fri go south followed by bad scalping with distractions wiped 25% of my acct. Stick to small stakes, the plan, and don't watch the candles...

Picking over the bones of my messed up approach shows if I'd left well alone my stops would have reduced my losses by a quarter. Still not great, moral of the story get stops n limits in the right place for the timeframe you work with (usually days). The subsequent stop shifting and counter trading (take opp trade on alt future to freeze n think) was a relatively small part of the mess but introduced a big portion of the stress. Moral... If I'm in the wrong trade get out, don't freeze it! And as for the double up, double up, double up phase - somebody slap me!

Picking over the bones of my messed up approach shows if I'd left well alone my stops would have reduced my losses by a quarter. Still not great, moral of the story get stops n limits in the right place for the timeframe you work with (usually days). The subsequent stop shifting and counter trading (take opp trade on alt future to freeze n think) was a relatively small part of the mess but introduced a big portion of the stress. Moral... If I'm in the wrong trade get out, don't freeze it! And as for the double up, double up, double up phase - somebody slap me!

Just my 2c

The good:-
"If I'm in the wrong trade get out"
Yep, if the reason for getting into the trade no longer exists, get out. Ideally aiming (using limits) at prices that are in your favour. Ditto for getting in, getting out (at loss or profit)

The not so good:-
"get stops n limits in the right place"
Theres no 'right' place to put your stop or limit. I can only tell you this. Its a game of endless circles.
This stuff comes under the heading of things you cant know. Fortunately, you dont have to know it in order to be profitable.

"introduced a big portion of the stress."
Theres only one source of stress in trading, that is you. Work on your head if you want to reduce stress.

It sounds like you dont have much of a plan as yet, and are a bit weak in the discipline side of things, its for you to evaluate.
Id suggest you trim out your method, keep it simple and definable, then implement it, regardless of PnL. Cut size to nano as youre testing and invest a good chunk of your resources in psychology.
Trading in the zone
feeling good

Advice to self:
Trade as small as you can until you show reliable results
TTW you said the above in another thread.Just trade small mate so the losses dont matter too much.If you get a good system and make money then advance a little.If you find you cant get anywhere then you aint lost too much

tumblr_myt09d58Yz1qdlh1io1_250.gif
In fairness, the tumbling blondie would have started out as the ponytail in the bedroom. I wonder if she stuck at it? Hope so. Bless her.

Last edited:
S500 index into next week
60 min shows the downtrend that started on 9th october
trend broken
tested horizontal res at 1896 area
above is 1911 res area /orange
prev breakout point/yellow at 1975 area..provided support yesterday
trend supp/aqua in 1870 area
trend supp/green in 1854 area
a scattering of horizontal supports around aswell
lets see what happens

r1hlxv.gif

Rumors emerge that inflation remains controlled and is not excluded that the Fed resume the acquisition of debt instruments. These rumors not only fend off fears of an early increase in interest rates as they open the possibility of the FED to inject more liquidity into the economy.

Just my 2c

Cheers Darkton and isitpossible, as always time is my main issue, to research, predict, trade and monitor. The plan is coming... And really I have improved :cry:

Mon-thurs my "trading suite" is trap 4 of the gents as its the only spot I get some data for my phone, else its Friday with twin boys under 2 to contend with! - a sensible man might suggest this lark is not practical - bah!!

I shall add to my reading list and find my Zen! Be him small and low of risk :innocent:

if we plot the close price and not the hilo..we get a slightly diffetnt picture
price is in a downtrend and has recoiled
tested a big area on friday..horizontal and trend support..lilac and pink lines
res above
horizontal/yellow at 1905 area
trend res /red at 1911 area
supports..breakout point is 1872 area/white
trend supp /aqua at 1866 area
trend supp/green at 1852 area
lets see if the bulls are strong enough to take out res

21ja8ht.gif

there is also a stacl of other horizontal sup/res on candle charts