Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Oscar is still showing a video with a hand drawn arrow on a chart pointing to 1675 on the S&P. :LOL:
Live With Oscar (7.40)

Compare it to this ...

Attachments

• SP.jpg
    SP.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 127
waffle report..

looks like daily charts might have completed a 5 leg giving next leg up A or 1 :)

waffle waffle:p

ftse

damn, sp500 june got to 1583

when HSBA is below 694 nothing good ever happens

overnight ftse got to 6116,

dax 7am hour candle almost 80pt range, nice clear out before the day gets under way

Last edited:

dax 7am hour candle almost 80pt range, nice clear out before the day gets under way

Morning SD

Did you pick up any FTSE overnight order's down low.

Morning SD

Did you pick up any FTSE overnight order's down low.

I was long yesterday in the foolish belief sp500june would not CLOSE below 1609

bought the ftse all the way down to 6127, sold everything this morning and I am now flat. had to short dax to protect ftse longs

how did u do yesterday Bustech

in the morning yesterday i had figured ftse would put in a floor, 6200/180

I was long yesterday in the foolish belief sp500june would not CLOSE below 1609

bought the ftse all the way down to 6127, sold everything this morning and I am now flat. had to short dax to protect ftse longs

how did u do yesterday Bustech

in the morning yesterday i had figured ftse would put in a floor, 6200/180

Was short the DAX from just above 8,100 but cut out at 8,040

Have small long on the FTSE @ 6,130 will leave overnight.

Out of the ASX longs I had today, cut far too early.:(

Looking for buy dip's next week on FTSE, unless we shoot up 200 points today.

Was short the DAX from just above 8,100 but cut out at 8,040

Have small long on the FTSE @ 6,130 will leave overnight.

Out of the ASX longs I had today, cut far too early.:(

Looking for buy dip's next week on FTSE, unless we shoot up 200 points today.

Bus check out the Vix above 20, we are going to put in a multi week low, check how the market has behaved during previous vix levels of 18+. Previous +18 reading on vix saw ftse rally of 600pts (18th april) just finding a way to deal with the extreme movements. We have the added element that markets need to reprice due to higher risk free dollar rates.

The dow is showing +110 points from yesterdays low and looks like its trying to close that.
FTSE worn itself out already.
Dax heading south.
:(
More dog walking today?

Just mind the gaps guys, me and Bus discussing the possibility of the upper gaps getting filled next week yesterday, think its about buying the dip but be prepared for a wild ride, seems quiet today, as the saying goes never short a quiet market, but that gap below in dax is playing on my mind, just bought back a short dax from this morning and waiting

Going for the gap ! not sure if gap is 7906 now ............ rejected those levels well and now in buy mode in dax needs to break 70 to get the extra push though

Last edited:
Dax feels very choppy and difficult to read - easy to get fooled.
I wonder if we are seeing sudden large buy & sell orders which are related to option expiry.

Where is Samirs?

England v India in the cricket.

Who will win?

ADD
Who will get the 25,000 post.

Last edited:
Dow cash close = FTSE 6108 (2.416 ratio)

FTSE currently 6205 implies dow +215

Last edited:
Do you know that makes it +100 points from that spike low IG index put in just after the ftse closed yesterday. Hmmmm!

I have for a long time proposed a solution to the problems of the spread betting companies. traders should form a mutual society and start their own spread betting company. just like we have building societies owned by the savers/borrowers, why not spread betting company owned by traders, ?

in essence the spread betting company exists due to transactional efficiency, they do not seem to exist the way things are. how hard would it be,

Anyone have short stops in at 6222 area ?

interesting spike; thought it was the bots stop hunting the index traders but same volume spike at 10:15 across most of the FTSE350 individual shares : pretty big volumes to boot : in many cases the largest volume spike for the past 10 days. especially the miners.

not seen this before to this extent.....co-ordinated buying or taking out shorts before a big move lower across the board???

Could be just my ignorance so welcome and input or discussion

damn algos I suspect

interesting spike; thought it was the bots stop hunting the index traders but same volume spike at 10:15 across most of the FTSE350 individual shares : pretty big volumes to boot : in many cases the largest volume spike for the past 10 days. especially the miners.

not seen this before to this extent.....co-ordinated buying or taking out shorts before a big move lower across the board???

Could be just my ignorance so welcome and input or discussion

damn algos I suspect

thanks for posting,

think ftse options expire between 10:am and 10:15am that may explain some of the volume