Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Ah!

yeah... right click in the market watch window and select: show all (y)

going well by the sounds of it!

Cheers for that ... bit stuck now.. you say

"next tab:

inputs, in here you need to double where it says USDCHF and change it to: US30."

can't see usdchf see pic

Attachments

• er.PNG
    er.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 129
ok.. found out how to do that! this is what I have now?

(y)

did well there HTW nice.

I'm sure you know this anyway but the prices are futures prices not daily index prices but it doesn't matter that much as the price ACTION is the same and this is all that matters for trading this

(y)

did well there HTW nice.

I'm sure you know this anyway but the prices are futures prices not daily index prices but it doesn't matter that much as the price ACTION is the same and this is all that matters for trading this

Morning ... not sure if I have the chart right Solo. You say..

"Common, in here make sure allow dll is ticked"

If I do that and go "ok" I get a price action on the chart see pic 1

If I then go to inputs and change to US30.U I get yet another price action on the chart see pic 2

Can you check and see if pic 1 is right?
btw thanks for your help with all this :cool:

Attachments

• er3.PNG
    er3.PNG
    115.9 KB · Views: 103
  • er4.PNG
    er4.PNG
    139.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Morning ... not sure if I have the chart right Solo. You say..

"Common, in here make sure allow dll is ticked"

If I do that and go "ok" I get a price action on the chart see pic 1

If I then go to inputs and change to US30.U I get yet another price action on the chart see pic 2

btw thanks for your help with all this :cool:

hereward or solo

That looks useful. Is it possible for you to post one where the starting points is Thursday's ftse close so that I can see if the picture matches my figurework. Thx

jon

Okay I'll try and do both you Barjon, and HTW in one go ;)

Barjon, on the first chart I've put a little yellow tick above the ftse close (17.00) on Thursday

HTW the first chart is what it should look like. The first chart that you posted is not right. You need to change "mirroring" to false for a start.

Second chart... one of them is right, the dow should be above the ftse. You can always open a US30.U chart and check to see if they look the same. See below, you can see on both charts the US30.U prices look EXACTLY the same on the stand alone chart and also on the ftse chart.

Like I say make sure mirroring is set to false.

ALSO the weekend is not a good time to be doing this, as the markets are closed there is no live update feed so the charts can't update themselves with the right prices. This will also put things out, you can still play around with things but until Monday and the charts can update with prices it won't be anywhere near as accurate... this is just the way the code has been written.

But you're pretty much there.

Oh Barjon, if you need me to actually identify the price level of the close let me know, I should've drawn a line instead of a tick but wasn't thinking. Like I say just tell me what T/F and if you need a line drawing and I'll get on it for you.

Attachments

• Thurs Close.png
    Thurs Close.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 176
  • US30.png
    US30.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 137
solo

thanks - the general picture reflects how I've seen the strength/weakness over the period of time in your chart.

To make best use of it you want to be able to "zero" it (give them an equalised starting point) at points in time of your choosing. That would allow you to see the difference towards an "extreme" developing where it matters.

For example, if I say that ftse at 5573 was equal to dow at 12856 at ftse close on Thursday my figures show that ftse traded -16 weak (ie: 16 below where it would be by reference to dow) to Friday's ftse open, which got to -28 weak by 9:00am and then on to -34 weak by 10:00am.

That should show up as a widening gap between your two plots but, without that common starting point it's difficult to say.

Hope you see what I'm getting at.

jon

ps: you might try it with a line rather than candles?