Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Compare the 10year. That tells the story.
Italy 6.95 Greece 27.6 yields

Wow. At 27.6% there is no way Greece can survive. They would be better off printing Drachma. But 6.95 for Italy is still unsustainable. And who is to say it won't go above 10% in the coming days. Blood in the water as they say. The sharks are just pausing, before feeding again.

I dread the day that the sharks turn their attention to dear old blighty.

Just my gut feeling from that last move. The price dropped through the 38% retracement level on the news of a spat between France and Germany, but did not trigger lots of stops, like yesterday. And it bounced nicely off the 50% level. I can see this possibly going back up to the highs again. If it clears above 5432, then it should have another go up.

So much for gut feelings. It did clear 32 but not by enough to test the highs. At least I didn't trade it. There's still too much eurobabble going on to take any new positions.

Wow. At 27.6% there is no way Greece can survive. They would be better off printing Drachma. But 6.95 for Italy is still unsustainable. And who is to say it won't go above 10% in the coming days. Blood in the water as they say. The sharks are just pausing, before feeding again.

I dread the day that the sharks turn their attention to dear old blighty.

where do we think these yields are heading next?

Attachments

• france.jpg
    france.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Spain.jpg
    Spain.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 130
italy 1 year is nowhere near greece 1year. greece 1 year is trading around 40c - yield is >200% - dont forget you only get 50c back (at best!) though so guess that isnt a true yield

my you are a lot of clever lads on here...bonds, yields, %, pew

why don't you all get together and form a government......i'll vote for you :)

i've had a couple of nibbles today so happy at mo ...bogyman's at 62 i think

my you are a lot of clever lads on here...bonds, yields, %, pew

why don't you all get together and form a government......i'll vote for you :)

i've had a couple of nibbles today so happy at mo ...bogyman's at 62 i think

I can even pat my head at the same time as using my tug toner -- how's that eh??;)

daddy john

now you are just showing off

can we break the high? if not a slow walk back down for a bit

It reflects that in the short term Greece has access to money through the bailout fund,, but Italy does not yet and it has billions of new debt it has to raise over the next 12mths due to current bonds maturing soon.

Italy has to raise 300bn in the next 12mths

I just closed my long trades. Took the FTSE 100 points. There is probably more upside but want to be flat for 10am.

Is there any reason at all for the change in sentiment. Apart for the Italian 10 year going from 7.4 to 7.1?

wise move :)

I took a different route and hedged with dow when ftse reached yesterday close (9:40ish) - mids were 5460 11881 then.

I've just closed out (I'm taking a break) - mid 5474 11884 - and ftse strong by 12 since the hedge. So I finished with the initial ftse rise from soon after the gun + 9 net from the hedge.

jon

in out in out shake all about

anyone not thinking this is going 5514 after US open

just waiting for the hammer to fall

11915 short again on DOW this time holding for 11707
and 5494 FTSE looking for 5289 hold overnight

I apologise for going off topic but if any of you like cricket check out the sa-aus test going on at the moment

unbelievable