Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I've been out for the last 4 hours. Came back to find a perfect 127% extension to 5487. Tested it three times and each time it held. Had to go down after that. Not sure where it is headed next, but it looks like the ES wants to go down more.

I've been out for the last 4 hours. Came back to find a perfect 127% extension to 5487. Tested it three times and each time it held. Had to go down after that. Not sure where it is headed next, but it looks like the ES wants to go down more.

I cant see any reason why it shouldn't take back every tick today.

Where are you taking your fibs from Martin?

Where are you taking your fibs from Martin?

No probs D. The 127% is from the high 5468.5 high at 9:35am, and the 5399 low at 10:45am. I did have a feeling we would go back and test the highs, and eventually it did. That 5399 low was a 50% retracement of the whole up move of the morning session.

Attachments

• 10 November 2011 127% Fib extension.jpg
    10 November 2011 127% Fib extension.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 103
Just another point for your trading journals, but quite often there is a reversal around 3:50pm to 4:00pm. That is when the big boys start to square up their positions and get ready for the cash close at 4:30pm. It doesn't happen every day, but you should be conscious of it and usually something happens then.

No probs D. The 127% is from the high 5468.5 high at 9:35am, and the 5399 low at 10:45am. I did have a feeling we would go back and test the highs, and eventually it did. That 5399 low was a 50% retracement of the whole up move of the morning session.

Cheers Martin(y)

well, well, well sometimes you just cant plan these things ... I had ES 10 lots at 1232 becasue I could see it wanted to test 1235... just then they confirmed Frances credit rating.;... and bang up it went ... sometimes fortune smiles :)

well done Martin ... I was being greedy and waiting for the 5520.. but it never came

Here's a question for you gentlemen and gentleladies, that I am often asked myself. How do you time your entry at a level or a trendline or a pullback to a moving average?

I almost always wait for it to tag the line/level/EMA, and then I enter on a stop on the first 1 tick move after the 1 minute candle that actually touched the line closes. But there are times when I enter exactly at the line but it usually results in more stops being hit than trades being timed to perfection.

How do you all like to time your entries? At the level or after confirmation of the level?

I use a crib sheet with all the set ups I usually want to trade. Everything fits on one page. On the left side I have continuations on the right side I have reversals. Most trends have at least three good continuation entries. I also look for rbis and gbis (red/green bars ignored on a 5mc) and outside bars and flags. There are usually at least three nice reversals in a day. I also like trendlines and channels on the 1 min and 5 min charts. I have a trade setup for a bounce off a trendline, and for a breach of a trendline. Triangles are part of trendlines. I also have a small bit at the bottom of the page for tight ranges and breakouts.

We will discuss exits at another time. It always difficult to determine how long to let a trade run. I am a scalper so usually stick to 10 pts, but occasionally let something run to 20pts. I need to work on letting trades run more which allows for fewer entries and less profits given up from exiting too early.