Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

this action reminds me of two things

rabbits caught in headlights

Jamaicans smokin the doobies at the football match ( the players)

this action reminds me of two things

rabbits caught in headlights

Jamaicans smokin the doobies at the football match ( the players)

DC - what is it that influences the time it takes for your target to be hit? Some times it takes just a few hours, other times a day or more. Don't your projections also have a predicted time it should take to reach their target?

This price action should please Larry Levin. This was what was happening a few weeks ago. Just ranging into the close. I think this time we will have lots of movement in the last half hour, which seems to be quite common of late.

Can anyone suggest a good source for EOD historical data for the FTSE futures?

I use eoddata.com but for the LIFFE subscription its a bit costly.

Get a broker that has a data link like OpenECry, then you can use that data link.
Some brokers let you just export stuff into Excel or you can use software like Investor RT (with EOD) or SIerra Chart or Market Delta.

Hi Martin
of the targets I post some are daily and need to hit same day or early next session those that are weekly need to be hit same week or monday of the following week and similar for monthly targets

targets can move backward a day dependant on price action and be brought forward
so for instance the 226 FTSE is a daily for this week and needs to hit by thursday the 089 is a weekly and needs to hit by next monday

now lets say the FTSE gapped down to 304 tomorrow and went low to 285 this would bring the 089 forward to thursday

The fly in the ointment is when there is a change of volatility by more than 50% that throws the calc out for a few days but the pattern remains the same

Hi Martin
of the targets I post some are daily and need to hit same day or early next session those that are weekly need to be hit same week or monday of the following week and similar for monthly targets

targets can move backward a day dependant on price action and be brought forward
so for instance the 226 FTSE is a daily for this week and needs to hit by thursday the 089 is a weekly and needs to hit by next monday

now lets say the FTSE gapped down to 304 tomorrow and went low to 285 this would bring the 089 forward to thursday

The fly in the ointment is when there is a change of volatility by more than 50% that throws the calc out for a few days but the pattern remains the same

Makes sense DC.. Can I suggest you make it clear in your posts the times scales you have in mind for your targets...it can get a bit confusing. I sometimes find myself wasting time pondering how I can see a short down to your target in the next day,, when in fact you are refering to appoint 2 or more days away .. Many thanks

Makes sense DC.. Can I suggest you make it clear in your posts the times scales you have in mind for your targets...it can get a bit confusing. I sometimes find myself wasting time pondering how I can see a short down to your target in the next day,, when in fact you are refering to appoint 2 or more days away .. Many thanks

DC I should add that we very much appreciate the posts you make.

I wont be posting levels first thing this morning , as things are clearly changing in the volatility ... as the morning progresses I may do some calculations and post.

Vix has dropped from over 40 to 30 now ,, so a number of my trades yesterday did not go the distance as I expected.. this means a change in approach for day traders regarding range, targets and position size

Mark

Here's the data for EOD for FTSE Futures for this contract. It only covers 3 months or so. I think for three months more I have to go to the previous contract. I printed this off from OEC's daily chart. Hope it helps.

Martin

Attachments

• FTSEZ1 Daily - Table View.csv
    7.2 KB · Views: 137
0941 I have opened a short Cash 5403.3

I've had two Dax trades. One for +15.8 and the other +2.8. Completely missing that big one. The one that got away, as the fisherman said.

Just an observation to make a note of. The price bounced off a perfect 161.8% extension this morning, but what is interesting is that it used the high from the pre-market (5363.5 at 7:40am) to calculate the 161.8% exactly. So in the future don't always ignore pre-market prices.

Attachments

• 12 Oct 2011 161% ext from 740am high.jpg
    12 Oct 2011 161% ext from 740am high.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 199
If FTSE breaks these highs , then I will be long looking for 5420/28 , I will probably take 1/2 out just short of 5400.... I would be surprised to see price go above here today... but would not want to take a short until some good confirmation... currently my money flow index is showing strong divergence.. but with this short squeeze on.. anything is possible divergences or not

Just an observation to make a note of. The price bounced off a perfect 161.8% extension this morning, but what is interesting is that it used the high from the pre-market (5363.5 at 7:40am) to calculate the 161.8% exactly. So in the future don't always ignore pre-market prices.

martin,, I know volume is low in the post cash , but the prices do mark how it has tracked the S&P and DOW overnight

Hi Martin

Many thanks DC. So you are using daily and weekly data to calculate different targets. I'll try and figure out why the pattern remains the same, even if volatility increases. When I eventually get some free time I will do some more study of LBR and Taylor. It might get a little clearer then.

martin,, I know volume is low in the post cash , but the prices do mark how it has tracked the S&P and DOW overnight

Cheers DJ. Yes, you mentioned that before when you were using a number from 2am. I will try and look at levels pre-market more often.