Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

back in again 5414 short even though I expected 445 maybe this afternoon after this mornings dip

all targets to downside still in play 226 and 089

still have DOW shorts

on the road this afternoon "I feel a Battle comming on"

wise -- I have drastically reduced my target outlook per trade now , as the manipulation is very strong last few days.. therefore I worry that we will suddenly get the "big one" which will blow me out.

so only taking very high prob , tight stop , out quickly trades.. which I hate. but keeps the wolf from the door

DJ can i ask why you think the manipulation is strong?
Is it being engineered up to go down?
There seems to be a lot of people taking on shorts, now i can see why as we have had no real consolidation on this rally and indicators are telling me the market is overbought.

Sidekicker - are you saying there is a direct inverse correlation between the Dollar Index and the indices? So if the DX is going up the ES and FTSE should be going down?

As for now, I am watching 5418 on FTSE futures and 2345 on FESX. The August Highs. The FESX just tagged and the FTSE is struggling. The ES has a way to go, which makes me think we will eventually break the 5418 but maybe not this morning. Very close call at the moment. Next two 5mcs should confirm one way or the other.

Well, it is not exactly correlated, ie not to a value of 1, I'd have to run the stats but there has been a definite correlation since the financial crash. In the last couple of months, it has not been so strongly correlated but still has an effect. I will try and find some charts.
There was some talk a while back about overnight moves in the currencies having an effect on the arbing.

There are a few anomalies but overall that is the picture...

Attachments

• usdspx23sep-1024x622.png
    usdspx23sep-1024x622.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 117
  • usdspx.PNG
    usdspx.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 94
  • SP32-20111012-133451.jpg
    SP32-20111012-133451.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
No, one of them is the 16. I want it to go comfortably above. Spikes are quite common around this time of day, too.

Besides, if it takes too many bars it will turn the averages and it might be a whipsaw.

Who started me off on this bloody game, anyway! :mad:

Gilts starting to look like a bottoming pattern, I'd still be tempted by shorts in next few days.

There seems to be a lot of people taking on shorts, now i can see why as we have had no real consolidation on this rally and indicators are telling me the market is overbought.

this is going up and away...how long

if euro dollar breaks out of 1.38 , then next stop will be 1.3837 which is the 50 % retacement on the dailes fro last swing high, this would take ftse up ???? another 50pts/?

just short squeezing.. volumes low... algo feeding frenzy... push up to highs and then bring it down.. but where they will stop ... no idea , but I think 5450 ish may be it

well I was hoping to catch the wee green bus up north today I think it's the number 59 but i don't know if it's running and i don't even have a time table :(

ah the joys

don't know who's driving the little bus but think we might get the terminus soon 50/60?

dow monthly high 549 but it looks like a just click buy day dinit