Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE took just over 8 hours to drop 26 points (2am to 10.10 am) and made it all back in 35 minutes.

Super tempted long here even though everything says short... hmmm

half size long here at 12705

FTSE 25 point range all day then moves up 17 points starting 1 minute before the close.

FTSE 25 point range all day then moves up 17 points starting 1 minute before the close.

There is usually a bit of an "auction" into the close on ftse - both ways. Makes for a good few pips if you're nimble ;)

Last edited:
European markets ended down, with investors waiting for the UK elections and the ECB meeting.
Most sectors finished lower, with pharmacists among the worst performing performers after Roche had disappointed the market with the result of a test for a particular treatment. Roche shares fell more than 5%.

The Dax has had a storming run this year.
Must be due to the Euro having a major RISE.
At least thats what Joe Friday told me. :innocent:

Attachments

• Dax17.png
    Dax17.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 44
  • eur17.png
    eur17.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 42
Just checking the numbers, Dax up 13% from Jan 1st.
However, its down almost 2% since last Friday, so looks like its taking a break.

Dax down another 50 in 5 minutes. The dow did a 60 point range all day yesterday.

In pre-opening, European markets traded with different fluctuations, on a day that would naturally be characterized by an expectant attitude towards tomorrow's events that could certainly influence financial markets: the UK elections and the ECB meeting . In the more microeconomic field, the banking sector will attract attention, due to the news about Banco Popular. In the long run, equities are influenced almost exclusively by the evolution of corporate profits and interest rates. Most likely, the recent appreciation of European equities is due to an intrinsic factor, in particular to capital flows that continue to flow into Europe. According to Merrill Lynch Bank of America in May, American savers subscribed about 15,000 M.USD in European shareholder funds, to the detriment of US specialized stock funds. As long as these subscriptions are not discontinued, European markets will continue to benefit from this support element.

A sterling performance from the FTSE this year.
And a sterling performance from, err, well, sterling!

Surely they must be related?

Attachments

• ftseup.png
    ftseup.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 51
  • gbpup.png
    gbpup.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 61
Super tempted long here even though everything says short... hmmm

half size long here at 12705

I thought I was gonna have to 'work' for this position when it started heading down, but looks like they're making it easy for me with that ramp up

Still holding

TP is set at 12750 for now