Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

They took out 21500, but haha in a gay kind of way?

no offense, but that take out was lame :)

who here thinks they can crack 21600??

show of hands?

Ah, you mean did I get the price wrong?

No, the entry was based on the test of the high it was 5.20pm uk time, but it looked good as it turned from there off a dime, but to be honest this was just how it was on this occasion, as it was only a 3rd position there was no pressure, if it had popped to 21185 after entry it would not have mattered as I would still have let price play out for an hour or so to see if it carried on to a point where I could aggressively add in. Alas, on this occasion I never got the opportunity.

Tomorrow may bring the same scenario, but will have to see as it has dropped into close.

There are a lot of vulnerable longs sitting here, it all depends if the big boys have done what they need to do. If they have, then a gap down and squeeze day could be on the cards.

Will be interesting to see if we get Postmans 50 pt Dow rise OOH today?

Although Donald Trump did not give much detail about the fiscal reform announced during his election campaign, the market was trading higher, with Dow Jones having already surpassed the psychological barrier of 21,000 points. The probability of the Fed raising interest rates returned to the stock market scenario on a day marked by the publication of various economic indicators.

As in the US, the reaction of stock markets in Europe to Donald Trump’s speech last night in Congress was positive, especially in the construction and commodity-producing sectors.

FTSE will take out 9400 today. Only 12 point to go but you can live on that kind of return each day.

Dow made 300 points yesterday and hasnt given back more than 12.
I think shes still got some life in her, which is worrying as I'm short! :(

Ah, you mean did I get the price wrong?

No, the entry was based on the test of the high it was 5.20pm uk time, but it looked good as it turned from there off a dime, but to be honest this was just how it was on this occasion, as it was only a 3rd position there was no pressure, if it had popped to 21185 after entry it would not have mattered as I would still have let price play out for an hour or so to see if it carried on to a point where I could aggressively add in. Alas, on this occasion I never got the opportunity.

Tomorrow may bring the same scenario, but will have to see as it has dropped into close.

There are a lot of vulnerable longs sitting here, it all depends if the big boys have done what they need to do. If they have, then a gap down and squeeze day could be on the cards.

Will be interesting to see if we get Postmans 50 pt Dow rise OOH today?

Having investigated further, I can see the issue now.
On One of the MT4 platforms I use for reference, price high was 21,149 but with my SB provider price high was 21,172 and yet when prices climbed higher afterwards, the prices all but match @ 21,169. Hmmm, better keep an eye on this !

On One of the MT4 platforms I use for reference, price high was 21,149 but with my SB provider price high was 21,172 and yet when prices climbed higher afterwards, the prices all but match @ 21,169. Hmmm, better keep an eye on this !

I think this was related to when McDonald's was closed for trading during the trading day yesterday and as such the spreadbettors were quoting prices that didn't actually occur in the real Dow.

An unusual situation for sure but as always it is a lesson to remember when using s'bettors that they only mimic the market and it is not in fact real, though mostly smart arbers keep them in line it can still happen that they take the mick out of their punters when they should be content with winning every day.

Yes sometimes in these conditions we go out of whack a tad, but only can take advantage if we are there at the time, if not then we miss out.

Not sure how the various software tracks price from behind the scenes, but I think this is rare, so its a case of to be filled or not to be filled etc