Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

you guys bust on me all day long with funny memes & comments, and i try to take it in good humor.

sonic you will get infracted by mods!

:-0 True northern tell it how it is Shane !

Just as Rob tries to pull us back into line.

In all honesty though, there wasn't any need prior to this for the mods to delete posts, they were mostly clean fun.

I know another warning is coming, God knows what you'll get for that last post you nutter.....fork lightning on it's way mate

Your not the only one matey, I've had a warning from the powers that be as well matey :confused:

i apologize to all just having some fun while you having fun with me. i apologize if i offended any of you inc tokyoj.

i'm leaving the board for awhile.

Let's be clear that most of the discussion has been by PM with an explanation as to what is being done and why, they were not initially warnings but an attempt to inform people but when that turns into publicly posted attacks on Mods then that changes things and the consequences of doing so are incurred.

i apologize to all just having some fun while you having fun with me. i apologize if i offended any of you inc tokyoj.

i'm leaving the board for awhile.

I don't think there's any need to leave matey, please take this positively, maybe as the majority on here Brits, the US "humour" is different from ours and may (can) come across as sarcastic and arrogant, perhaps tone it down a bit matey, all of course with the best of intentions. :)

Let's be clear that most of the discussion has been by PM with an explanation as to what is being done and why, they were not initially warnings but an attempt to inform people but when that turns into publicly posted attacks on Mods then that changes things and the consequences of doing so are incurred.

I don't see it as a public attack T333, I was simply saying (as I have done in the past) that the posts should stand as long as they are not outright nasty.
You have deleted many posts unnecessarily in my opinion.

I have always respected people on this site, I still say it's the best site out there.

My opinion stands re the posts, despite your infraction on me

I think the mods here are okay, I've been on forums where the mods are absolute trolling horrors, the inmates running the asylum. So I'm pleased that the T2W mods are how they are. Having said that, I would suggest that posting videos and memes on this thread like what postman does goes down really well with everybody, and I'm sure new members appreciate the humour too. So maybe it's the best way for the mods to just let these things fly more freely as their service to the participating members? My feedback.

I think the mods here are okay, I've been on forums where the mods are absolute trolling horrors, the inmates running the asylum. So I'm pleased that the T2W mods are how they are. Having said that, I would suggest that posting videos and memes on this thread like what postman does goes down really well with everybody, and I'm sure new members appreciate the humour too. So maybe it's the best way for the mods to just let these things fly more freely as their service to the participating members? My feedback.

Agreed, but if you'd seen some of Darktones memes (before "exterminate exterminate" delete delete) you would have literally doubled up laughing, pure genius some of them. They are the reason many of us are on here, absolutely no reason whatsoever to bin them. So I'm not always pleased with what the Mods do.

PS I've just spoken to Shane (sonic) he's on a 2 week ban :-0

Wow, whadi miss? :cheesy:

Feeling a bit left out mind, i've not had a single pm! Will have to up my game :sneaky:

PS: don't post details of infarctions fellas! That ones a biggie :p
We thinkin o u Shane!

6099-darktone-albums-general-2-picture3882-ddddd.jpg

Memes have not been deleted from signatures which is what DT has mostly had and the whole issue here started when we got several complaints that the thread has mostly off topic posts with people saying they wouldn't post because of it. So it was cleaned up and in the PM discussions it was explained why and that it was probably temporary but some didn't like it so publicly attacked Mods rather than discussing it by PM.

Bit strong eh !! "attacked"

The memes & various posts were deleted in the context of the thread at the time, not sure what all this off topic talk is about.

Is this a not a public space at it's heart ?

The word from the street in Melbourne.

The gloves come off again for the third 'scorched earth' debate

The gloves come off for third and final time, with the focus squarely on the Trump/Clinton showdown.:sleep:
Clinton’s running mate Tim Kaine has labelled this shodown a ‘scorched earth’ debate. With Trump’s guest of honour being President Obama’s half-brother Malik, it promises to be fiery, intense and brutal affair. But will financial market participants learn anything new about policy, or will the 15% of undecided voters gain greater clarity about their potential chosen candidate? One suspects not, but we can guarantee fireworks - Trump is that unpredictable.

Never in the history of the United State of America has a candidate faced such a deficit in the polls as Trump currently holds, with at least two well-known sites (that model the probability of the outcome) putting an 85-90% chance of a Clinton win. There is even a view that if Trump does get up from here it would have been down to a systematic error in the polling, as literally every poll has shown such a lead for Clinton. But as 2016 has shown us, not just in politics, but in markets too, it can often pay to expect the unexpected. So at 12pm AEDT today, the trading floors tune into the debate and the market should flat line for the ensuing hour or so, with the MXN (Mexican peso) being everyone’s barometer on who is the dominant performer.

AUD moves into the top of its trading range

Politics aside, Asian markets should see another day of a largely uneventful open. That being said, there is still a degree of event risk today, with the key data point being the Australia September employment report, although this is largely a rates and FX play rather than equities. In this report, the market expects 15,000 net jobs to be created, with economists’ estimates ranging from +30,000 to -7,400. Position wise, the market is net long AUDs, but the holdings are hardly extreme. Tthe implied probability of a cut from the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) in the November meeting is a mere 13% and clearly next week’s Q3 CPI is the bigger deal for the market. The AUD itself is actually one of the big talking points overnight, with AUD/USD hitting a high of $0.7729 and continuing to hold the 77c handle.

Technically, my bias on the AUD has moved from being one of a neutral stance to now modestly positive. The pair has broken the April downtrend and has moved firmly into the top of the multi-month trading range and thus a close through $0.7750 (the August high) would pose a bit of a headache for the Reserve Bank. One can put the overnight gain on three factors:
1) Oil prices finding good buyers on a monster drawdown (5.24 million barrels) in the weekly Department of Energy inventory report
2) Implied market volatility falling (the US volatility index or ‘VIX’ is down 6.4%)
3) A view that the market expects only a 70% chance of another hike in 2017

Boring is good for China

The EEM (emerging market ETF) had a strong gain overnight and would have been a tailwind for the AUD. Whether this was down to yesterday’s China data is unclear, but being boring is good for China and as long as they stay off the front pages of newspapers, then markets will be content. We all know there are serious debt issues in China, and there are ever diminishing returns for the supply of credit, with the September financing numbers failing to lift either the manufacturing PMI data (at 50.4) or yesterday’s industrial production. However, as long as growth is aligned with Xi Jingping’s ‘L-shaped’ growth trajectory and hitting the year-end target of 6.5%, then all seems well.

GBP/AUD is now trading at the lowest levels since May 2013, if you exclude the 7 October GBP ‘flash crash’. GBP is once again the weakest house on the block thanks to some strong and forceful comments from the Germans, who have been reported as saying they are to ‘shut the door to back channels with the UK on Brexit’. Ie. if you play rough, we will bite back just as hard.

Going deeper into the plumbing of the market, we can see BHP’s ADR(American Depositary Receipt) suggests an open 0.6% higher, helped largely by its exposure to crude. CBA is eyeing a move 0.3% higher. The energy sector was by far the standout sector on the S&P 500, so expect to see a similar feat in Australia.

PS

IG not good with there spelling:LOL:

ftse Looking fairly uninspiring.

Probable sp 7k and rez 7030 though would look to a move of 7040 later if some bulls around. Lets see.