Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

jeez..I'm going to check the solar flare forecast because something has brought out the loonies

Surely this is all hindsight as you can't tell where you are until afterwards? It's all well and good saying I could have got in earlier at a much cheaper price but you don't know that at the time.
Trust me, its not hindsight when you orders are getting filled. Despite seemingly doing my level best to f**k it up. I was there tuesday morning. Thankfully Id enough sense about me to keep something on.
Listen, I know that I dont know anything, but im psychologically comfortable with that. Most arnt, and worse, believe they cant.

You didn't know you were picking up shark bait until afterwards, you just thought it might be likely?
Exactly.
In the same way that I saw it went up, it was going up and so I bought... simple.
Simple, yes. The thing is I will already be positioned. Ill have a lot more room to work a profit / loss

As for not taking the profit, yes I was holding out for 9000 and really I was unlucky not to get it...
Unlucky.. I dont think so, imo, you had opinion of what the market would do, and it didnt.

Anyways, what we believe is true eh. Im gona put my soap box away lol.
All the best mate.

Mate, don't listen to anything anyone has to say on a forum/blog etc unless they prove it in real time. 99.9% are gobsh*tes with unfounded over inflated ego's. And most people bragging aren't traders, they are retired or on social benefits of disability money sitting at home playing trader.

We can all talk a good game behind a PC screen and make ourselves out to be DaBomb...but unless we prove it, its all BULLS**T.

Sharkbait...more like Shark Sh*t. ;)
Lol. I wonder which one you are?
Hey, have a listen the next time you get stopped, there'll be a faint voice somewhere out there in the either.
"Thaaank you very muuuuch, shaark Baaait"

Please close my account here T2W mods.
I think we hurt his feelings :cheesy:

6099-darktone-albums-general-picture3350-u-mad-troll-gif.gif

Last edited:
Well done ... I see you are trading engulfing candles. I have noticed (and trade) them when they print at the b bands or Hull cross of a 8day sma on the 5 min chart. This cuts out the duffers.

I also have a 30 min chart open and watch for a pinbar that closes within the range of the previous candle and has the open and close in the top (long) or bottom (short) part of the candle. That's dynamite! See chart.

Hi HtW,

Thanks for posting. With regards to boll bands. Would you say that the 5M candle's body has to be fully contained within the band for the change of direction to happen? Would only body and not the wick suffice? Do you wait for a confirmation candle? Have changed the set up now to 21 & 2.0, see how it goes.

How do you set up the Hull cross? Is it a 3 and 30 SMA or does it have to be programmed/coded separately? Google reckons coding. Not sure if I G has programming facility and it seems that they don't offer it on their panel of indicators either.

Thank you.

The presentation of good results by relevant companies and better macro data, helped to feed the confidence of investors.

Market European session today was essentially marked by the reaction of investors to the publication of the PMI indices (Purchasing Managers Index) concerning the Eurozone. The reading on the manufacturing industry was a positive surprise.

Free stuff

Hi HtW,

Thanks for posting. With regards to boll bands. Would you say that the 5M candle's body has to be fully contained within the band for the change of direction to happen? Would only body and not the wick suffice? Do you wait for a confirmation candle? Have changed the set up now to 21 & 2.0, see how it goes.

How do you set up the Hull cross? Is it a 3 and 30 SMA or does it have to be programmed/coded separately? Google reckons coding. Not sure if I G has programming facility and it seems that they don't offer it on their panel of indicators either.

Thank you.

try reading this guy -it is similar to the above:
www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=163972

dax into tomorrow
5 min shows the trend that started today on pmi stuff
we either break higher or test supports
supports at 9000..8960 and 8920
lets see what happens

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.gif
    ScreenShot002.gif
    60.2 KB · Views: 102
Hi HtW,

Thank you.

Hi

You can't rely on the candle touching the bb for a change in direction it very often 'rides the bands' However a pierced band with a good wick through the band and the body closed inside is often a good heads up on a change. I would look for another pa signal with this.

If you look left and there is no price action, nothing but space, that's another good sign and here I wouldn't wait for a confirmation.

As for the hull, you can Google the code and put it into IG on their pro charts. I use an 8 day hull for day trading.