Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning ... grabbed that long .. it was all there in the channels.

Attachments

• channels.PNG
    channels.PNG
    84.2 KB · Views: 93
What a joker the dax is, I've been long for 2 days waiting for it to bust 9000 now it tanks just enough to shake me out of it then rockets straight back up!:mad::mad::mad:

I've just cashed my whole account out before I blow it all revenge trading and I bet I sit here all day dreaming of all that cash while it closes around 9100

What a joker the dax is, I've been long for 2 days waiting for it to bust 9000 now it tanks just enough to shake me out of it then rockets straight back up!:mad::mad::mad:

I've just cashed my whole account out before I blow it all revenge trading and I bet I sit here all day dreaming of all that cash while it closes around 9100

Heres a little tip I heard a long long time ago, in times of high volatility it has saved my bacon.
When you get stopped out of your position on a regular basis make your entry point where you would have put your stop!
You make less trades but the rewards are higher and more importantly you dont lose money.
The market comes to you!

The worse thing is waiting 2 days to be proven right but getting busted out by a couple points half an hour before it takes off! Such is life...

Its got nothing to do with the dax. Its you!
Im not telling you this to p!ss you off, its a tap on the shoulder to wake you up.
Which category of trader were you today?
181014d1414047282-predictive-indicators-predictive.png

Its got nothing to do with the dax. Its you!
Im not telling you this to p!ss you off, its a tap on the shoulder to wake you up.
Which category of trader were you today?
181014d1414047282-predictive-indicators-predictive.png

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I got in 2 days ago it's just annoying that it tanks just enough to take you out (I moved stop to breakeven so I didn't actually lose any money) and then in half an hour does what you were waiting 2 days for:LOL:

I'm aware this happens all the time and obviously has happened to me a lot but seriously if the low was just a few points higher I wouldn't be so annoyed lol

i thought i did well getting 25 points out of that move this morning! Big move, must have caught people out as it had all the signs of a big sell

i thought i did well getting 25 points out of that move this morning! Big move, must have caught people out as it had all the signs of a big sell

German PMI came in higher than expected: 51.8 vs 49.9 last month. A big spike when the news was released. DAX had dropped earlier on poor results from Unilever and Michelin.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I got in 2 days ago it's just annoying that it tanks just enough to take you out (I moved stop to breakeven so I didn't actually lose any money) and then in half an hour does what you were waiting 2 days for:LOL:

I'm aware this happens all the time and obviously has happened to me a lot but seriously if the low was just a few points higher I wouldn't be so annoyed lol
Ok, let me explain.
Likely, you, like me, have noticed things are trending up in the mid term, so youre buying.
Where were you buying the dax? Im guessing, and its just a guess, unlike me, it would have been above ave price somewhere? Ie, at some place between grinder and shark bait prices.
When prices moved in your favor, you moved your stop to BE (ignoring gap risks etc) a very psychologically comfortable if illogical thing to do.
This morning when prices sold off, your stop was hit. You puked your position. You puked It to someone like me, at shark bait prices.

Today I was the shark.

I (someone like me) accepted your position that you willingly gave at 8820, and I gave it to someone else at 9000. Thats it, nothing more complicated than that.

Its up to you what you take from it. You can ignore and continue to believe whatever it is you believe about yourself, the markets, myself (people like me). Or you can think on it whilst your acc is empty. Think about who you want to be in this market. Because its a choice, your choice.

Either way man.
GL
d

Attachments

• dax 15.png
    dax 15.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 85
  • today.png
    today.png
    47 KB · Views: 85
Can you define for me what you mean by grinder and shark bait prices and why you are relating them to that price and time on your chart? Just so I know that we have the same understanding. If on another day the price had just kept tanking at your shark bait level, what would it have been called instead?

I had 2 positions that had an average buying price of around 8820, I never entered at 8820 for any reason.