Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I think so gap closed and some over! I think we will bounce around today ... Dax has to break recent 50% retrace to trend again

Attachments

• day dax.PNG
    day dax.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
Dom today

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
06 January 2014

EUROPEAN OVERVIEW

There is scepticism among spread-bettors about the immediate outlook for equities. Around two-thirds of punters are short the S&P 500 and Dow, and around half are speculating on falls in the DAX and FTSE. Despite the weakness at the end of last week, I can’t really see good reason to join these pessimistic folks right now. To me, such selling as we’ve seen is most likely going to turn out to have been a precursor to more upside. I will not try and get in and ahead of this happening, though. I await a decent burst of selling and then I will enter.

As a footnote, the retail crowd remain fairly heavily weighted on the long side in gold. I do not like the spikiness of the upside we have seen here in recent days. More pain is in store.

Dom today

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
06 January 2014

EUROPEAN OVERVIEW

There is scepticism among spread-bettors about the immediate outlook for equities. Around two-thirds of punters are short the S&P 500 and Dow, and around half are speculating on falls in the DAX and FTSE. Despite the weakness at the end of last week, I can’t really see good reason to join these pessimistic folks right now. To me, such selling as we’ve seen is most likely going to turn out to have been a precursor to more upside. I will not try and get in and ahead of this happening, though. I await a decent burst of selling and then I will enter.

As a footnote, the retail crowd remain fairly heavily weighted on the long side in gold. I do not like the spikiness of the upside we have seen here in recent days. More pain is in store.
Note from me... 73% long on Gold I'm looking for a short

Morning all.
Its gone quiet after a big flurry of activity this morning.
Dax is in a narrowing range which it will have to break out of by 11.15.
I think we go up from here.... Dax and Dow.
Heaven knows what ftse will do!

Morning all.

Yes bollinger bands getting tighter

Morning all.

What timeframe you are looking? what I can see is chart looking bearish, with rising wedges.

Attachments

• DAX6JAN.jpg
    DAX6JAN.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 89
What timeframe you are looking? what I can see is chart looking bearish, with rising wedges.

Just looking at the 1 minute chart and the general Uber up movement that has been going on for the last few years.
Balance of probability says its going up dont fight it.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 91
Morning all.

I agree, I think DAX will test the 9477/82 resistance zone. I have just taken a long trade based on the bounce off the old resistance zone 9445/52 which looks like its holding as support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I think DAX will test the 9477/82 resistance zone. I have just taken a long trade based on the bounce off the old resistance zone 9445/52 which looks like its holding as support.

Hi.

Are you in for 10 to 20 points or are you in on a longer timeframe?

If your betting £5pp with your intertrader account you must have pushed up that £100 quite a bit by now. (y)