Anyone interested?

With apologies, I'm not here to promote any other forum (and wouldn't like that at all, if I owned this place). I've discussed it with some staff members, but have no wish to do so openly. Please excuse me. Though I may occasionally appear not to be, I'm actually a well-wisher here, not just a critic. ;)

With apologies, I'm not here to promote any other forum (and wouldn't like that at all, if I owned this place). I've discussed it with some staff members, but have no wish to do so openly. Please excuse me. Though I may occasionally appear not to be, I'm actually a well-wisher here, not just a critic. ;)
Hi Alexa,
Along with Inquisitor, I'd like to know too. If T2W is to learn from the experiences of others (as they surely have from us), then we need to know who they are. I've no objections to you posting the name openly and, if you're concerned about doing so, you can always report your own post to the Mods and let them decide whether or not it should stand. Failing that, perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me via a rep' comment or PM.
Thanks,
Tim.

That's only superficially "surprising", John: the reality is that this - and other things like it - are inevitable.

They happen for a reason: it's just the sad but predictable outcome of a situation in which over the last few years, very steadily and consistently, most of the serious traders who used to participate here have been driven away by the forum's moderation policies. That's no "big mystery": enough of them have explained it openly (both here and elsewhere) either just before or just after leaving, and they continue to do so.

My point is simply that those are the same exact moderation policies which have themselves also directly and indirectly produced all the situations that prompt the need for those "dissing discussions" etc. ...

... which, of course, most other trading forums manage to avoid. ;)

Its because moderators hands are tied behind their backs by a set of week a poorly thought our rules. Where by they can only take action if a "rule" is broken.

Using common sense is out of the question.

Failing that, perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me via a rep' comment or PM.

Will PM you shortly, with pleasure, Timsk. Thank you for noticing the conversation.

Its because moderators hands are tied behind their backs by a set of week a poorly thought our rules.

I know.

And that situation also isn't helped by the forum owner's refusal to intervene in moderational issues because he feels it would be disrespectful to his moderators, who are, after all, unpaid volunteers etc. etc. The only outcome of that (as commented on before, in other threads) is that when something very easily correctable is strikingly unresolved, the moderators effectively say "I agree with you but can do nothing about it" while the owner effectively says "I agree with you but won't interfere". That just leads to an outcome where everyone agrees what the right thing to do is, but nobody does it.

Using common sense is out of the question.

I know. "I agree with you, Charlie, but can do nothing about it" except occasionally pointing it out, myself, in the voice of a "concerned member" (which I am).

Well Dow futures off 600' ftse down getting on for 300. Hope no-one's been trying to catch the falling knives :)

Will PM you shortly, with pleasure, Timsk. Thank you for noticing the conversation.

I know.

And that situation also isn't helped by the forum owner's refusal to intervene in moderational issues because he feels it would be disrespectful to his moderators, who are, after all, unpaid volunteers etc. etc. The only outcome of that (as commented on before, in other threads) is that when something very easily correctable is strikingly unresolved, the moderators effectively say "I agree with you but can do nothing about it" while the owner effectively says "I agree with you but won't interfere". That just leads to an outcome where everyone agrees what the right thing to do is, but nobody does it.

I know. "I agree with you, Charlie, but can do nothing about it" except occasionally pointing it out, myself, in the voice of a "concerned member" (which I am).

It's a good story - pity about the facts.

Sharky doesn't intervene in mod matters because he wants the mods to be independent to avoid being accused of moderating in the commercial interests of the site.

Moderators do, indeed, have independence and are not that much shackled by the rules - they act more in the interests of members than might otherwise be the case.
You may not approve of the moderating but finding the balance is not as easy as you might think - the main difficulty has always been the one highlighted by Timsk on the dissers thread. That is the one persons legitimate criticism is another's hostile attack sort of thing.

Add that to the varying thicknesses of people's skin etc, etc.

A lot of old knowledgable members left because they got a touch weary of answering the same old newbie questions as newbie numbers (if not proportions) grew as the membership expanded.

You can never get modding right in the eyes of everyone, mores the pity.

Sigh, and now I've fallen into the trap of fiddling while Rome burns that I started the thread laughing about.

LOL, i see Pat Riley, Sigma bullbag is back as "Dantes Infernal"

At least I can put this clown on ignore now!

Last edited:
Indeed. The time he claimed (as PeterSylimider) he was head of a huge financial outfit in the Ukraine and wanted all his post removed because he thought he had been "compromised" was the best.

Think i still have the PM somwhere

Amazing it is. DOW is down 1000 or so points on the week, markets are crashing across the world and all we can find to talk about on here is "dissers" or how to scalp a couple of points here and there.

Hi Jon, I am replying to your post in quite a literal way.

I am now a bear, but did not know it. I swing and position trade. I am agnostic as to the percentage of long to short positions. Over the last week or so, more and more of my longs stopped out and more and more short positions triggered.

I had not given the macro situation much thought, so have not posted on T2W about it. The market does what it does, no matter what I think about it. I just follow my system.

The only downside of my way of operating is that I am left with the feeling of regret that I could have made more money on the short side.

Also, have you ever been to a public performance where the artists were so good you did not clap to show your appreciation. You just sat there mesmerised in a daze. Well this market has been a bit like that for me. I have been a bit to mesmerised to comment.

They are my personal reasons for not posting comments. As to other T2W member's reasons for "no comment" stance I do not know.

Last edited:
Sharky doesn't intervene in mod matters because he wants the mods to be independent to avoid being accused of moderating in the commercial interests of the site.

Exactly so ... but read Charlie's post above to see how some of the moderators feel about that (and he was one of them far more recently than yourself, John, to be fair).

The outcome of that situation is that when something very easily correctable is strikingly unresolved, the moderators effectively say "I agree with you but can do nothing about it" while the owner effectively says "I agree with you but won't interfere". That just leads to an outcome where everyone agrees what the right thing to do is, but nobody does it. Respectfully, John (and I have plenty of respect for you: I'm not saying it just to be polite) your replies to me in this thread can't change that reality - it's factual. Just like it's factual that other trading forums manage this without haemorrhaging members because of the moderation policies and their enforcement.

Since posting in this thread, earlier today, I've had a long message from yet another recently-joined member who's a serious trader and could have contributed a lot, here, explaining why they no longer wish to participate (all the usual reasons, and roughly the same as mine). And unless and until the moderation policies change, that's going to continue to happen, as so many of us have now so consistently been saying for so many years. It's not going to change while people's heads are in the sand about what's happening and why. It's not the moderators' fault.

Exactly so ... but read Charlie's post above to see how some of the moderators feel about that (and he was one of them far more recently than yourself, John, to be fair).

The outcome of that situation is that when something very easily correctable is strikingly unresolved, the moderators effectively say "I agree with you but can do nothing about it" while the owner effectively says "I agree with you but won't interfere". That just leads to an outcome where everyone agrees what the right thing to do is, but nobody does it. Respectfully, John (and I have plenty of respect for you: I'm not saying it just to be polite) your replies to me in this thread can't change that reality - it's factual. Just like it's factual that other trading forums manage this without haemorrhaging members because of the moderation policies and their enforcement.

Since posting in this thread, earlier today, I've had a long message from yet another recently-joined member who's a serious trader and could have contributed a lot, here, explaining why they no longer wish to participate (all the usual reasons, and roughly the same as mine). And unless and until the moderation policies change, that's going to continue to happen, as so many of us have now so consistently been saying for so many years. It's not going to change while people's heads are in the sand about what's happening and why. It's not the moderators' fault.

ok, then maybe a way forward is for you to detail the moderation policy that you think should govern T2W and thread it up to see what members think about it. I'd be surprised if you come up with anything much different from the site guidelines.

The question, always, is with what rigour does one try to "enforce" those guidelines - the black and white areas are easy peasy, but the Devil is in the grey :)

ps: or volunteer to be a mod

Last edited:
ok, then maybe a way forward is for you to detail the moderation policy that you think should govern T2W and thread it up to see what members think about it.

I've always chosen to do that privately; thanks.

I'd be surprised if you come up with anything much different from the site guidelines.

I did, but never mind.

ps: or volunteer to be a mod

I withdrew my repeated offers of help long ago, I'm afraid. I don't want to end up making posts like Charlie did, above, and I think that would eventually be the outcome.