Dowteq

WOW, can't believe what i just read... sorry to hear that.. hope you can get your 500usd back. Shouldn't be a problem with paypal though.

Yea i got a rebate of 500 minus 170 for the points that the system supposedly earned(n).

Obviously didnt include the minus 165 points which left me high and dry monday.:mad:

Wow! How come I never heard about T2W?
A google search on DOWTEQ led me here so I want to share my experience with them.
First of all DOWTEQ is back with a better system and much better results.
I have been with them since Feb and got pretty good results (an average of 123 points per week) and they made me a profitable trader for the first time.
At first I was also sceptical since some days were heavy in the red, but then I learned to be patient and it paid off. I went from $13,000 to $47,000 in less than 4 months.
Their new system is more like scalping with many trades, some only minutes, but is very accurate. The only problem with this is that you cannot get away from your screen and you need to be super quick to follow their trades. But what I like about the new system is that it now includes exits for some trades.
Anyway, with 2 days in the new system I got the following results:
Monday: 201 points
Tuesday: 193 points
I traded only 1 contract and got $1,970 before commissions and their fees.
I will keep you posted on later results

Last edited:
Yes I got back the remaining funds (in my case $254) by PayPal in the same day. It was actually the third time I got back funds. The first time was when I made a mistake at signup and paid twice and the second was when I took a vacation.
They are really easy about refunds and this is the second best thing about this service. Most services demand a monthly fee no matter what they do.

Has anyone else here tried the new system. Tob Can you keep us posted as to daily results. I want to try the service but am still a little skeptical. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Tob, One more thing. I saw on their web site that they made over 500 points today 7-30 did you have the same results?

Tob, One more thing. I saw on their web site that they made over 500 points today 7-30 did you have the same results?

Still counting todays results but it seems that I almost got what they claim. will let you know tomorrow.

I was away these last week, and just saw that Dowteq is back running... doesn't make much sense though. They found traders with interest in their system a week after they shut down? lol
anyways, 500 points in a day.... never heard anything like that.

Tob, how many trades have they made to achieve that? The problem i remeber was having like 10 points difference on every entries. So if they had like 5 trades i'd have like 100 points diff with them. But i have to admit i was still positive.

Tob, i'd like to discuss more with you on this. Where can i reach you. tks

My results:
Wednesday: 492 points (screwed up 2 trades by mistake, one costing me over 70 points)
Thursday: 311 points (more than posted cuz a couple was in my advantage)
On Friday I was away and now back for tomorrows action.

To BASH1885: I do get slippage a couple of points but it plays in my advantage as much as againts and evens out over time. The market is always moving and it would be impossible otherwise.

I made 34 trades per day on average this week.

dowteq

My results:
Wednesday: 492 points (screwed up 2 trades by mistake, one costing me over 70 points)

To BASH1885: I do get slippage a couple of points but it plays in my advantage as much as againts and evens out over time. The market is always moving and it would be impossible otherwise.

-------------------
Thanks for your feedback Tob.. 34 trades a day now that's what i call overtrading but heh if it works it works. Do you get advance notice of targets or exits, or is it like there old system where they are always in the market all day long.

Have you ever thought of just doing the morning session with 2 contracts instead of all day with 1 contract? I personally will find it hectic doing some 30 trades a day. No room for a break?

do you know if they trade the calls themselves?

Is anyone else on this thread trading with dowteq? i am thinking of from september but very sceptical on the results posted.

Tob, they reckon they have no losing days... what is your experience with them?

What is the worst drawdown have you gotten during the day? what is a typical loss on a trade?

Other problem i have is the system they are using with hotmail messenger. Not very reliable for fast scalping. You enter your trades at market when you receive the signal, or do you wait for better entries etc..

Thanks for your time.

bash

dowteq

My results:

Tob, did you mean 17 trades average round trip ( buy/sell) which would be 34 trades overall. I just can't imagine following a system doing 34 trades through instant messenger. 17 trades seems more realistic. please confirm. thanks

Has anyone else tried the service, I could see they removed their telepone number from the website. Tob, does Dowteq actually trade the system themselves, do you know?

Can one go to their acclaimed office address and find them there?

Can anyone share theire results for Monday 8/4/08. I traded with them 31 trades and came up with minus 49 points. They said they produced +108. They are investigating.

Mike

Yes, had 31 trades and -53 points here. When they give performance figures it does not include spread cost, so excluding that they could claim +9 points or so, but not +108.

This is my first day on the new system. The claimed performance seemed OK when I was trading the old system.

I have contacted them also.

Same problem with me as I got only 63 points. I did every trade within the minute.
Contacted them and they said they will investigate.

A free Dowteq tip!

- Scaling in as a trade goes against you .... e.g. on a long signal, you buy 1 contract, add a limit to buy another 10 points lower, and another 20 points lower, for up to 3 contracts total. This increases the total profit, but increases the drawdown terribly, so this is a bad idea, don't do it!

- Scaling in as a trade goes in your favor .... e.g. on a long signal, you buy 1 contract, buy another if it goes 10 points higher, and another at 20 points higher. In my experience this reduces the drawdowns relative to total profit. It worked on the old system, and now I am testing it with the new system.

I record the Dowteq signals, so I have been able to test all this!

Turns out a lot of people had really different results on Monday, and they are crediting the fee for the day ... so I will have some more time to evaluate this new service.