Anyone interested?

All very true :)

'Course some day traders turn into position traders when their trade goes wrong and some position traders turn into day traders when they are dying to take profits :LOL:. What was the story Livermore relates about a sage old trader "We're in a bull market, my boy, so I can't be losing my position".

Easier said than done. Rather than "losing my position my boy" I sometimes lock in profits (at the threat of a retrace swing leg) by opening an equal and opposite trade (in the same market!)

I know it makes no financial sense to pay the extra spread. But I hate to see paper profits disappearing. And I know that if I exit, it will be harder to re-enter and I will probably lose my position!

Last edited:
Amazing it is. DOW is down 1000 or so points on the week, markets are crashing across the world and all we can find to talk about on here is "dissers" or how to scalp a couple of points here and there.
And there's the rub. It's a lot easier to fake it and rake it than it is to make it.

And there's the rub. It's a lot easier to fake it and rake it than it is to make it.

This is true enough.

And I would say that we're inhabiting a place on T2W which is not the real world. We're trading but this is not the world of trading, its a mirror or a simulation. And in a sense every member is just a sim of their selves. So when members give questionable posts, I personally can't take it personally.

They might be lying, I don't know. But I do think that if you have a viable strategy it should be explainable in one side of A4 max, and comprehensible even to a trader following a different discipline. If it can't be explained, I doubt the poster can work it. If it can't be understood, I doubt its a viable strategy at all. If the poster won't post their strategy, I can't doubt they're making it work, but I don't think they have really thought this posting mullarkey through.

Daytrading doesn't have to mean obsessing about every tick, twitch or burp, you are perhaps assuming that we all sit in front of the screen all day ! well, some of us don't need to, we have a structured time within the day to trade (I know I am not the only one who is structured in this way)

If the next tick is going to make or break your account, then back to the drawing board you go. I doubt many people are stupid enough to do this more than once (twice at a push).

It's horses for courses, if you can bother your @rse to care what the markets are going to do in 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, good luck with that.

Daily for me, moreover, morning, afternoon.....no stress, no sweating, no caring what happens tonight or any given weekend, bank holiday etc.

very true.

This is true enough.

And I would say that we're inhabiting a place on T2W which is not the real world. We're trading but this is not the world of trading, its a mirror or a simulation. And in a sense every member is just a sim of their selves. So when members give questionable posts, I personally can't take it personally.

They might be lying, I don't know. But I do think that if you have a viable strategy it should be explainable in one side of A4 max, and comprehensible even to a trader following a different discipline. If it can't be explained, I doubt the poster can work it. If it can't be understood, I doubt its a viable strategy at all. If the poster won't post their strategy, I can't doubt they're making it work, but I don't think they have really thought this posting mullarkey through.

Or a 4x6 index card.

I've posted hundreds of "foresight" (at the time) charts on two other sites, but they were meaningless to those who couldn't be bothered to read my plan. So I stopped doing it. I'm happy to answer serious questions from those who have at least read the material, much less studied it, much much less played with it for a few days. Otherwise, it's all just Albert Labos redux, and I've moved on from that. The sailors on HMS Misery are no longer my concern.

This is true enough.

Real world or dream world or something in between. Only the posters know, but we readers can pick up the odd clue from time to time :LOL:

Real world or dream world or something in between. Only the posters know, but we readers can pick up the odd clue from time to time :LOL:

That is very true. Everybody knows something and should be allowed to be read in peace. I read mainly for ideas that, maybe, I can incorporate with what I do.

Amazing it is. DOW is down 1000 or so points on the week, markets are crashing across the world and all we can find to talk about on here is "dissers" or how to scalp a couple of points here and there.

That's it. That's me out of the market. Gone, good bye until after the holidays.
And until volumes and volatility has settled back down again.

Wake me up when steady patterns re-emerge. :sleep:

That's it. That's me out of the market. Gone, good bye until after the holidays.
And until volumes and volatility has settled back down again.

Wake me up when steady patterns re-emerge. :sleep:

Been back in for a couple of weeks. August is often a bit strange.
Back in slowly shorting stocks for the moment.