An amazing thing is going to happen

What came to my mind when reading this thread was that quote attributed to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle by Jo Brand on QI recently (http://www.freewebs.com/qitranscripts/507.htm ):

He is supposed to have sent an anonymous note to five of his friends, to see what they did. It read:

""We are discovered; flee immediately" and one of them did flee, disappeared, and was never seen again! :)

I don't know if it is verifiably true, but it's a great story, and ought to be true, and the Great Stephen didn't contradict her, so maybe it is true.

But nobody writes notes any more and emails and texts are all traceable, so it couldn't possibly ever happen again ...

Oscar Wilde?

:) I doubt if he originated, but he might have said it, as in:

*In a rare appearance as a 'straight man', Oscar Wilde complimented James Whistler on a quip with the words, 'I wish I'd said that.' Whistler devastatingly replied, 'You will, Oscar, you will.'

Within the next few months, something amazing will happen.

Hi,

You say "within the next few months, something amazing will happen" why would you waste your time and everyone else's time with a sentence like that and not even tell us what that amazing thing is.(n)

I say to the Administrators; why even leave this type of of thread up if it is not explaining anything about what the thread is about?? To me this is the only amazing thing i am seeing so far!! WHAT A JOKE!:sneaky:

An amazing thing would be if t2w went a whole month without someone starting a thread with "Holy Grail" in the title.

Hi,

You say "within the next few months, something amazing will happen" why would you waste your time and everyone else's time with a sentence like that and not even tell us what that amazing thing is.(n)

I say to the Administrators; why even leave this type of of thread up if it is not explaining anything about what the thread is about?? To me this is the only amazing thing i am seeing so far!! WHAT A JOKE!:sneaky:

pwned

Hi,

JOKE isn't the word...