Alpari UK announcement

during news the spread always widens and volatility can slip execution. it isn't the brokers fault and you shouldn't expect smooth sailing during data releases period.

How strange, then, that we have never experienced such slippage with another broker. We don't trade NFP but, we do many other data releases. We're not novices at this game. We've traded futures and spot forex for over 10 years.

My gripe is that I suspect Alpari trade against their clients, who have Classic and Micro accounts. I cannot comment on their Pro platform as we took what was left of our account balances and got the hell out of there.

i am struggling to understand why you have a grip because those accounts are dealing desk accounts. Alpari are always taking the other side of your trades and while they do the best they can to be fair, they have to manage their risk as a market maker. this is why the spreads are wider than ecn's and orders are often requoted.

if this is a problem, the answer would have always been a none dealing desk account.

i am struggling to understand why you have a grip because those accounts are dealing desk accounts. Alpari are always taking the other side of your trades and while they do the best they can to be fair, they have to manage their risk as a market maker. this is why the spreads are wider than ecn's and orders are often requoted.

if this is a problem, the answer would have always been a none dealing desk account.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but, it seems, independent reviewers don't think much of them either
Forex Broker Fraud & Scam Reviews & Ratings

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but, it seems, independent reviewers don't think much of them either
Forex Broker Fraud & Scam Reviews & Ratings

To be fair... there's so much slander in online reviews that even the best brokers look like crud.

Failed traders want to take it out on their broker, or the broker's competition wants to cast doubt on them... making negative reviews abundant for all.

(This is aside from fake positive reviews and promoters pushing new brokers by submitting reviews all around the net.)

It's a shame really, because if it wasn't for this online research on brokers would be a lot easier.

There seems to be very few spot forex brokers, out there, that tick all the boxes for honesty and integrity. There is a lot of intra day, price manipulation going on. This is one of the main disadvantages to trading an unregulated spot market.

My partner and I have switched, mainly, to trading binary options, in the last few months, We've found it less prone to broker price manipulation, easier and more profitable than plain spot forex. You either win or lose, a fixed amount that is known from the time the bet is placed.

Spot forex is a gamble, rivalling that of a bet on roulette. I know this because I have played both games, for many years. There is no such thing as a guaranteed win in either game,

Last edited:
MT4 and MT5 now available for Android

Alpari (UK) clients can now access the powerful MetaTrader platforms on their Android device with the free MT4 for Android app and MT5 for Android app by MetaQuotes.

Analyse the markets using real-time interactive charts and trade on the move. The Android apps provide you with real-time quotes of financial instruments so that you can open and close positions as if you were at your desk. Another handy feature is that you can view your account history on your Android device to analyse past trades.

Our MetaTrader clients can also enjoy mobile trading with the free MT4 iOS app and MT5 iOS app.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Updated MetaTrader 5 iPhone - Push Notifications and Even More Indicators

Alpari (UK) is pleased to announce that MetaQuotes have released an update to their MetaTrader 5 iPhone app. This release includes several important updates:

iphoneupdate.jpg

1. An extended list of supported technical indicators - 30 indicators are available now, like in the desktop version of the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform.

2. The appearance of technical indicators is now customizable, you can change the line colour and width.

3. Push notifications are now an integral part of the MetaTrader 5 iPhone mobile trading platform. With the updated version, you can receive notifications in your MetaTrader 5 iPhone from the MetaTrader 5 Platform.

4. The new version also offers an improved program interface and optimized history downloading.

Do not forget to update your MetaTrader 5 iPhone app to access all the new features.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

European Labor Day 1st May 2012

Please be aware that trading in the below products will be closed on 1st May 2012 due the European Labor Day holiday being observed.

Stoxx 50
German 30
French 40
Share CFDs traded on Deutsche Borse AG

Normal trading hours will resume on 2nd May 2012.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Client Services by telephone +44 (0)20 7426 2900 or email [email protected]

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Early May bank holiday trading hours

Dear traders,

Please be aware that Monday, 7 May 2012 is a bank holiday in the UK.
Consequently, several departments at Alpari (UK) will be affected:

Dealing Desk: Fully operational Normal hours
Sales: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Client Services: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Account Opening: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Partnerships: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Back Office: Unavailable

Live Chat will not be available on 7 May.

Normal working hours will resume on Tuesday, 8 May 2012.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

@Alpari UK:

Hello, it's good to have another broker's representative on the forum whom we can throw bricks at :) (just kidding), or ask questions.

I got an email (from a T2W robot actually) which seemed to be offering Metatrader on an SB account with Alpari (UK). I didn't read it all that carefully at the time, but from a few postings here, I am getting the impression that you can have (MT4 or MT5) OR an SB account, but not (MT4 or MT5) AND an SB account.

I realise that most SB providers do not offer Metatrader, and I had thought (or wishfully thought perhaps) that you were going to be one of the few that did. I know that some people on this forum like the SB model of trading, and would like to combine it with the power of Metatrader.

Would you like to comment?

Thank you.

@Alpari UK:

Hello, it's good to have another broker's representative on the forum whom we can throw bricks at :) (just kidding), or ask questions.

I got an email (from a T2W robot actually) which seemed to be offering Metatrader on an SB account with Alpari (UK). I didn't read it all that carefully at the time, but from a few postings here, I am getting the impression that you can have (MT4 or MT5) OR an SB account, but not (MT4 or MT5) AND an SB account.

I realise that most SB providers do not offer Metatrader, and I had thought (or wishfully thought perhaps) that you were going to be one of the few that did. I know that some people on this forum like the SB model of trading, and would like to combine it with the power of Metatrader.

Would you like to comment?

Thank you.

Hi Montmorencyt2w,

Happy to help.

Alpari (UK) does indeed offer spread-betting on MT4. For further details please click here.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Important News for MT4 Users

From 1 June 2012, MetaQuotes, the provider of the MetaTrader 4 platform, will cease providing support for MT4 terminals earlier than build 416.

According to MetaQuotes, client terminals below build 416 will not be able to connect to trade servers which means that updates and trading will be disabled.

How do I know if I need to upgrade?

If you're not sure whether you need to upgrade or not, it's easy to find out which version you are using:
• Go to the "Help" menu in the MT4 toolbar
• Select "About"
• The build number is noted in the left hand side of the "About" window
• If you see a build number lower than 416, you will need to upgrade

Upgrading is simple

If you do need to upgrade, you can quickly download the latest version of Metatrader 4.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Last edited by a moderator:
Changes to trading times for Monday 28th May 2012 – Memorial Day (US Bank Holiday)

Please be aware that due to the forthcoming Memorial Bank Holiday trading times for our Equity, Commodity & Index (CFD) products will be affected. All FX products including Gold & Silver Spot & futures will trade normal hours on Monday 28th May.

Commodity & Index trading times for Monday 28th May are listed below:

memorialday.jpg

________
Alexander Chadwick

Spring Bank Holiday & Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday

Please be aware that trading in the below products will be closed on 4th & 5th June 2012 due to the Spring bank holiday and the Queens Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday being observed.

LSE – *.UK
FTSE 100 – UK100.

Normal trading hours will resume on Wednesday 6th June 2012.

________
Alexander Chadwick

4-5 June bank holiday trading hours

Dear Traders,

Please be aware that Monday, 4 June and Tuesday, 5 June 2012 are bank holidays in the UK.

Consequently, several departments at Alpari (UK) will be affected:

Dealing Desk: Fully operational Normal hours
Sales: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Client Services: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Account Opening: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Partnerships: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Back Office: Unavailable

Live chat will not be available during this period.

Normal working hours will resume on Wednesday, 6 June 2012.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Greek election on Sunday – high volatility expected in the markets

greece-elections-hp.jpg

This Sunday, on 17 June 2012, the Greek voters will yet again go to the polls, trying to elect a new parliament that would be able to form a functional government. Essentially, it’s a vote between two options: Greece staying in the eurozone, or exiting. Whatever the outcome, please be aware that we may see big gaps when the Forex markets open on Sunday night, followed by high levels of volatility.

High volatility can create trading opportunities. This is not only expected to affect the euro but also other currencies around the world, therefore it can be beneficial to keep following the markets closely. Remember, the polls open in Greece on Sunday at 4:00 GMT (5:00 BST) and close at 16:00 GMT (17:00 BST), and speculation about the outcome will begin immediately after the initial results start coming in.

High volatility also increases risks, so it’s advisable to adjust your trading strategies to compensate for the market. Please also be aware that high volatility could trigger stop orders that you may have in place. If you don’t have any stops in place, we strongly suggest you apply them to limit your potential losses. High volatility may also result in significantly wider or tighter spreads. We advise you to check your open orders and positions and take necessary precautions.

Please also take a minute to read the risk management section of the Alpari (UK) website and take advantage of our wide range of research tools.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Alpari (UK) extends no commission trading on ECN account

mt5m.jpg

Alpari (UK) is happy to announce the extension of no commission trading on the MT5 ECN account until 1 October 2012.

For all trades opened and closed on the ECN account by 1 October, Alpari (UK) will charge no commission. From 2 October 2012 commission charges will apply.

On the Alpari (UK) ECN account, you can experience the brand new, feature-rich MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform and take full advantage of non-dealing desk execution, market depth, one-click trading, 1:500 leverage and spreads from 0 with no re-quotes. You can choose from 34 currency pairs plus spot gold and silver. With MT5 you can apply your Expert Advisor (EA) strategies in a highly efficient way.

________
Alexander Chadwick

US Independence Day trading hours

Dear Traders,

Please be aware that due to Independence Day in the United States on 4 July 2012, trading times for our index, share, commodity and energy CFD products as well as spot gold and silver will be affected.

All Forex products will trade normal hours.

Index, share, commodity and energy CFD products and spot gold and silver trading times for 3-5 July:
usindependenceday.jpg

Normal trading hours will resume on 6 July 2012.

________
Alexander Chadwick

New minimum gold price increment improves pricing, tightens spreads

Alpari (UK) is pleased to announce a change to the minimum gold price increment from 5 US cents to 1 US cent (USD0.05 to USD0.01). This will provide traders with tighter spreads and improved depth of pricing when trading gold and silver against the US dollar.

At the same time, you will also notice that gold and silver quotes have changed with the addition of the third decimal. For the time being, this will not impact your trading* as the third decimal will always be zero.

What does this mean?

This means that the minimum price increment for gold is now USD0.010. For example, XAUUSD (gold against the US dollar) price movement would be 1615.120, 1615.130, 1615.140 etc.

The minimum silver price increment remains unchanged at USD0.010.

The minimum trade size for gold and silver also remains the same – 0.1 lots on Classic account and 0.01 lots on Micro accounts.

We're here to help

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Client Services team by phone +44 (0)20 7426 2900 or email [email protected].

*Some EAs may need to be adapted.

________
Alexander Chadwick