All I Know About Trading Options, I Learned in Flight School

OK, fair enough, I accept that and understand it. I actually enjoy this for its own sake as well, and I agree with the sentiment you've expressed.

Here's my problem though (this is entirely constructive criticism). Some of your expressions are good and work fine. But I think the effect is diluted by some of those that are not such a good way of expressing your meaning (like, in my opinion, the one we are discussing). I think there are much better sayings that express it far more clearly. Is there not a danger that you are picking weaker expressions purely because they relate to aviation?

I agree with you. I have quotes/maxims that are strongly evocative of the trials and tribulations of each area. But I recently added many touchy/feely quotes that in hind sight weaken the message. It will take a few days, but I will review the list and likely remove the softer messages.

Thank you for the sincere feedback. Feedback is one of the stronger reasons I expose my ideas in public. Some posters are constructive, some are rude and some are just bullies. I endure the latter two to learn from the first. It's the price I pay for improving what I do. If only I listened more often to one of my favorite life maxims: "Don't argue with bullies. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.
Author: Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977.

Feedback is one of the stronger reasons I expose my ideas in public.
All bets are off. I was going with ego.

Some posters are constructive, some are rude and some are just bullies.
These aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive characteristics Howard. Seems to me it all depends on who, what, where, when and why. People are different in different contexts and even the same context at different times.

I agree, there are some Grade-A assholes on this site who have never shown any indication of real worth, made an ounce of sense or exhibited any discernable faculty of intelligence or awareness, but even so, we shouldn’t dismiss them out of hand. You never know. You may end up needing one, if only for target practise.

I agree, there are some Grade-A assholes on this site who have never shown any indication of real worth, made an ounce of sense or exhibited any discernable faculty of intelligence or awareness, but even so, we shouldn’t dismiss them out of hand. You never know. You may end up needing one, if only for target practise.

:D

I'm quite enjoying the discussions on this thread. Let's have some more maxims please. :)

Flying is hours of boredom, punctuated by moments of stark terror.
Source:

OK, I get where you're coming from obviously. It's probably true for a beginner, although now it wouldn't be for me. If a trade goes wrong, it's just the cost of doing business.

Maybe that one you could use to demonstrate to people what they need to overcome.

The way I see it, you can either work for a living or you can fly airplanes. Me, I'd rather fly.
Source: Len Morgan

I was trying to think up a nice way to say how totally useless all of this is.

Then I found something when I opened up Google today and it pretty much summed up how much use these 'maxims' are.

"Dress up your browser with a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Persona".

Yup - when I read that - it pretty much parallels the usefulness of these maxims.

EVERYTHING Howard learnt about trading options, he learnt in flight school.

=>

Howard learnt NOTHING from Hull.

/end thread

EVERYTHING Howard learnt about trading options, he learnt in flight school.

=>

Howard learnt NOTHING from Hull.

/end thread
LOL. This about sums it up. Bit like saying everything he learnt about flying, he learnt from trading options. He crashed there too.

Look - this whole thread is just spam from a our resident delusional American.

He has no clue about trading and somehow thinks that people will read these idiotic statements, go to his website, enter their email address and end up on his mailing list.

Once on his list, I have no doubt more pearls of wisdom will be sent out - such as "buy my options course for $3,000".