Advanced Structured Forex Trading

Pretty happy with things - have about as much information as I need at this point. Nothing really new emerged that would give me cause to go back into development and I can pretty much rely on my latest tweaks to be ok down the road.

So, I'm going to call the Beta/Certification done at this juncture and move back into Production Mode trading this week after I finish some last minute minor visual updates to the Panel.

It’s been a short blast with over 4,000 hits on this thread in less than two weeks – pretty interesting, indeed.

I'm very comfortable with the system's progress in light of the small tweaks that I needed to make. I've seen all these trades before in the back testing phase before I came online (except the full week with no Swing authorization) but wanted to do some of them on the public stage just to put the icing on the cake for me.

I was in Production Mode trading (live accounts) for about 6 months prior to deciding to make some additional changes to the system which culminated in my arrival here as well as other sites. Finally, I get to get back to some real revenue generation after a couple months of new development and testing.

Good trading to all.

soccer_daemon said:
I'd say the more interesting part is that throughout this process there hasn't been
any negative flaming posts and on the contrary the quality of the information flow
has been excellent. Let's hope this goes on forever .... :cool:

SD
That is quite possibly because this thread is so extraordinarily verbose that it is virtually impossible to distill if there is any worthwhile content at all without hours of forensic examination.

dcraig1 said:
That is quite possibly because this thread is so extraordinarily verbose that it is virtually impossible to distill if there is any worthwhile content at all without hours of forensic examination.

That's the most useful and succinct statement posted on this thread. Although it's a shame it's going away as it has provided a great deal of amusement whilst enjoying the morning coffee!!

dcraig1 said:

It is only "verbose" because you have a hard time following it. The very first post here defines what this thread was all about: Beta, Certification (my way) and De-Bug. Along the way, you were shown a trading system that is most likely light years ahead of most conventional TA based systems. This system has the ability to generate profits in five (5) different ways - as demonstrated every 24 hours using any currency pair in the world that has the right type of data.

All the forensic examination was unnecessary - the system is no longer in development - it is now in Production and being used with multiple trading accounts. One of the ideas was to inspire some of those open minded new traders, who can't seem to figure out how to be consistent in their trading and demonstrate for them what is possible with some outside the box thinking about Technical Analysis and a lot of hard work.

Yet - some people just had to make the system "for sale" after being told repeatedly that nothing was "for sale". While others, just had to chime in with off-topic deconstructive foolishness.

If you did not learn anything, it could possibly be because you never asked a relevant question about something that was outside your experience. I do realize that this system is way outside the norm and that nothing like it exists anywhere on many different levels.

I've been discussing this system publicly for years. I only came back here to demonstrate that what I spoke about here over 1 year ago, did in fact "exist" in reality and performed exactly that way I said it did, over a year ago.

So, sorry you missed things or that you didn’t get it - I was only tying-up some loose ends here before re-entering Product mode trading, not launching into a dissertation about the technology driving the Dashboard – which I stated in the very first post and several others that followed

7th,

How are things moving along with the new improvements? I am in full system development mode myself, things are moving along, slowly but surely. Like the new Airbus A380, it starts with a dream, then that dream becomes a plan, then you find ways to make that plan happen, and then you work at putting those things into action and eventually the dream becomes real. When the A380 was just a concept, there were critics who said the world did not need a plane that big and some even said that it wouldn't fly. This comparison came to mind because I have a photo of the 380 on my desktop and I know your love of all things aviation. How would like to drive one of those things someday?

Hi Guys,

I'd almost forgotten about the T2W thread until the e-mail "new post" reminder came through - I've been busy recently copying and re-installing heaps of stuff from an old computer to a new one - at least it doesn't feel as though I have to hand-crank Excel now lol ! plus I have plenty of disk space for tons of OHLC and metadata and backtests etc.

7th, I hope the Apex and Blade are earning their keep in production mode and that your other tweaks are proving worthwhile. Plus, a big "Thank You" for being so generous with your time in helping us to understand the system and more general aspects of trading system development in your earlier posts.

Soccer Daemon was pointed in my direction by your good self to learn more about LocBind and that prompted me to really think about what I was looking at (I only know the very early version of LocBind). On the face of it the concept seems fantastic, but try as I might I just can't seem to come up with your accuracy of 70%+ using basic LocBind - in fact the accuracy backtested over two years 2004/2005 for me showed a miserly 55.45% accuracy. I've looked at weekly, monthly, week to date and month to date in conjunction but these don't seem to help too much. I'll just have to keep on testing and searching, though if you can provide any good avenues for further investigation it would be much appreciated.

I've contemplated using some sort of measure of how a given currency is performing in general to help in the Locbind determination - e.g. if USD/JPY is strongly up and GBP/USD is strongly down and EUR/USD is strongly down - then that would be confirmation of a strong USD uptrend and hence LocBind wouldn't apply...

echelon4x said:
Hi Guys,

I'd almost forgotten about the T2W thread until the e-mail "new post" reminder came through - I've been busy recently copying and re-installing heaps of stuff from an old computer to a new one - at least it doesn't feel as though I have to hand-crank Excel now lol ! plus I have plenty of disk space for tons of OHLC and metadata and backtests etc.

7th, I hope the Apex and Blade are earning their keep in production mode and that your other tweaks are proving worthwhile. Plus, a big "Thank You" for being so generous with your time in helping us to understand the system and more general aspects of trading system development in your earlier posts.

Soccer Daemon was pointed in my direction by your good self to learn more about LocBind and that prompted me to really think about what I was looking at (I only know the very early version of LocBind). On the face of it the concept seems fantastic, but try as I might I just can't seem to come up with your accuracy of 70%+ using basic LocBind - in fact the accuracy backtested over two years 2004/2005 for me showed a miserly 55.45% accuracy. I've looked at weekly, monthly, week to date and month to date in conjunction but these don't seem to help too much. I'll just have to keep on testing and searching, though if you can provide any good avenues for further investigation it would be much appreciated.

I've contemplated using some sort of measure of how a given currency is performing in general to help in the Locbind determination - e.g. if USD/JPY is strongly up and GBP/USD is strongly down and EUR/USD is strongly down - then that would be confirmation of a strong USD uptrend and hence LocBind wouldn't apply...

Hi Ech,

Forgotten?? About this thread??? How could you??? LOL This is one that will go down in history. I still come back here re-reading some of 7th's posts. And it is still funny to read occasional comical attempts from the cheap seats at defaming 7th.

Hi Brabed,

I agree, this thread is great (and we've been fortunate not to have too many takers for the cheap seats this time).

I've spent a good while recently testing out theories with these pesky LocBinds. This research lark tends to become all consuming - it's easy to forget that a world exists outside the allure of the metadata sometimes lol !

Ech,

I hear you loud and clear. Its been about five months now of pretty much full time (when not at the day job) research and development work. Its become a second job.

The LocBind is a tricky little number. I can see the benefit of knowing whether the high or low of the day will occur first, but I am having trouble getting past how it is used effectively. Oh well, these things take time.

Hey Guys,

I did not mean to cut things off quickly like that (nothing personal), but I'm pretty much all done. I have not been posting Dashboard's for a while on this forum but here are the most recent two. The first is Feb 28 - Mar 1 and the second is Mar 1 - Mar 2. You can also see them in Compoundings thread on Dailyfx.

You know, I find it absolutely amazing that all the naysayers on all the boards I've been on have somehow just clammed-up. Back when all I was doing was merely “discussing” the system and its concepts, there were many naysayers making irrational personal attacks and running around causing a bunch of trouble on different forums.

They made all kinds of claims: that I was selling a signal service; that there really was no "system" and that I spent the past 6 years making it all up for reasons of ego gratification; that there was no way that anybody on earth could trade like that;, and on, and on, and on.

Now, where are they? Where are their claims of a non-existent highly accurate trading system, now? They can no longer make the personal attacks because it sits right in their face, today – but years ago, I just described the system as it was growing and developing. Now, people can actually see it. They never once stopped to think that I just might have an interest in inspiring newbie traders to think outside the box of convention and reach for something that most traders can't even conceive of doing.

Because I began at the outset with primary (hard core) raw market data and ground-up R&D, I’ve never “needed” the online trading community. However, the online trading community did very much need a new way of thinking about market behavior and price dynamics.

I ran a board called LiveForexTrades and gave people a behind the scenes look at my development process while doing live developmental trade profiles as the system was maturing. I even gave away the earlier Engine that was designed for Equity Stock Options to a group of 12 people and I even took my time to train them no how to use it and never once even suggested that I get paid or compensated in any for that. I did it because I wanted to help people – which is normal for me. Obviously, not normal for the naysayers.

There are so many narrow minded people in this business that cannot even fathom a highly successful trader sharing his thoughts and “some” of his ideas with other people, or just demonstrating something brand new in the trading business in an attempt to inspire “new thoughts” about what is “possible” when one takes off the blinders of convention and dares to think outside the box. People seem to think that there is some law that says, you must remain inside the box and never reach outside of its boundaries, if you want to become a highly successful trader – yet, there are so many people failing in this business by following that exact advice. I saw that years ago, and decided that I would do something about it, but sharing what I had as far as I could without giving away every single thing that I’ve learned in order to protect the long term integrity of my work. Yet, people got hostile because I do not reveal every single facet of my work.

I went back over to www.ForexFactory.com, to see what was going on over there. When I first logged on to that board to share my experience and demo trade the system with hand written profile, some guy with well over 1,000+ posts on that forum immediately attacked with innuendo about his inability to understand “why” I was there talking about a new way to trade. The innuendo, personal attacks, and flat out lies being told continued until I responded back in like kind and was banned for doing so.

It is amazing how the online trading community works. As long as you are an inside the box thinker, everybody is “ok” with it. But, the moment you start talking about something new and describing the success you’ve had with your new creation, people come out of the woodwork to attack you without having a single clue about what they are attacking or how foolish it makes them look. There’s no logic, rational, or common sense to that way of behavior - at all.

Now, after all these years, I’ve finally began showing my work product (the Dashboard) in public and I can’t find ONE single naysayer remaining out of ALL the narrow minded people who attacked when I was “only” talking about the new technology for trading that I created. Even on this board, you don’t find anybody who used to attack me when I was here before, saying anything negative about the system. They cannot attack the system, so they get violently angry at the mere fact that I came back here to prove that my work actually existed exactly the way I said it did. What a sad commentary on the state of human affairs in this world when people basically shoot themselves in the foot and not even realize it.

So, I just got tired of it – tired of the outright stupidity and irrational behavior found on most boards. That’s why I decided to finish my Beta/Certification work (the way I like to do it – online) and then end public viewings of this system (sorry). The reasons are:

1) Some people just don’t get it – they think that if it is not on a conventional line chart, then it must be unreal.

2) The three (3) primary Engines that drive this system now are so complex that I can’t do anything to the system without first referring to system documentation to understand the impact of any change/addition/edit made to the code.

3) Some people actually expect an explanation of the system when the complexity of the system does not allow for ease 1 or 2 paragraph explanations given the dependency layering of the Engine (one concepts needs to be fully detailed before the next concept could be understood).

4) People just don’t understand that what they are seeing is a new, fully integrated “technology”. Not some hodgepodge of conventional TA strung together overnight. This is not something that can be easily explained in a “forum”, nor did I ever tell anyone that such was my purpose for posting.

5) I’m flat out tired – I’ve been working very long hours for 6 years and I’m a little burned out on the online negativity from people without a clue about what’s going on, yet they seem to be experts on a system that they did not build - to the point where they just “knew” that it did not or could not exist.

I think the issue for a lot of people over the years has been jealousy, envy and spite – period. You know the old saying, “If I can’t do it, then nobody else can do it either.” If that were the case, there would never be any breakthroughs in human progress. Somebody has to be willing to think outside the box, go beyond convention and travel to a place when others won’t dare to explore and discover new realities that might lead to a better understanding of how things can be done.

People may not be able to see it today or fully comprehend it right now, but this is a total paradigm shift in trading for the future.

I USE NO CHARTS! I have some, but I don’t need them – they get in the way most of the time when it comes to making entry/exit decisions. The vast majority of traders cannot fathom taking a position in the market without some kind of chart to look it.

People cannot stand to hear you say that you trade between 93% – 100% accuracy on a consistent basis. They just seem to HATE that, and they HATE you for saying that it is possible. Mostly because they have not yet reached that level of success. So, immediately, you MUST be “selling something” to the entire forum or you must “be lying” through your teeth, because you have reached a level of success that the naysayers have not. At some point, you just get sick and tired of all the small, petty, narrow minded behavior.

Anyway, the picks are below from earlier this week – enjoy and please, continue on your journey and try to not let the really narrow minded people in this business slow you down – because they will attempt to do that at ever step. You might even have to take your work off-line because of all the opposition there is out there to highly, precise and accurate trading systems. And, whatever you guys do don’t allow somebody else’s inability to see past their own nose, become your limitation.

Don’t allow their negativity to reside with your for long – for theirs is a road much traveled, but the road you seek is one that only a few will find.

Attachments

• Feb 28 to Mar 1.jpg
    Feb 28 to Mar 1.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Mar 1 to Mar 2.jpg
    Mar 1 to Mar 2.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 249
Hi 7th,

Even though you're all done - I hope you can find time to call back on occasion to offer the odd inspirational gem of info. or words of encouragement to us struggling high-accuracy system developers, at least let us know how you're progressing with your new projects.

I think you're spot on in what you say about all the naysayers - it is amazing how much utter nonsense you've had to put up with in the past on these forums - I'm happy to help folks out, though I don't think I'd be prepared to continually battle against those who appear to be "picking a fight" for the sake of it.

Some time ago you said you were thinking of possibly writing a book on all your experiences in developing your system including the forum reactions etc. - are you still planning on doing that ? I think it would make a fascinating read - in fact I could write several books myself given all the posts of yours I've collected lol !

Don’t allow their negativity to reside with your for long – for theirs is a road much traveled, but the road you seek is one that only a few will find.

A fine comment indeed. I for one am going to continue seeking that elusive road until I find it (and I think there are several others with the same conviction too).

All the best and Good Trading !

"If they can hate the son of god, know too that you will be hated"

7th, I'll be lookin for you on the field....... ! ;)

All the very best with it , now I remember commenting about you closing out a trade early before day target was hit on dashboard....... no issue there except, can you, do you think that you can get that dashboard to "sense" that and act accordingly at some point in the future? Dynamic targets update, tic by tic etc..

Fx

fxmarkets - love your quote! Yes, it's amazing how the "enemy" can get ahold of some of these people. You can sense their anger from the very first word.

7th, I really like your stuff. Good luck with everything.

Echelon,

Thanks and much appreciated – you were one of the few who at least got some of the concepts that I’ve tried to share. Not being able to lay everything out in full detail, does make it more difficult for you – but you at least understand (I think) what a TCD look like and just having that knowledge alone can pay-off some huge dividend down the road once you figure out your own way of interpreting, synthesizing and synchronizing TCD data.

I recently (today) told Compounding the same thing on dailyfx – now he is under attack from some of the very same narrow minded people. I don’t know about the trading community anymore in general. I used to think that this was the most creative industry on earth – not anymore – not after my experience over the past 6 years. There is a ton of ego, arrogance, and some bizarre form of fear that people have to anything that is “not like their own”. If the experience resides outside of them, then it’s ALL bad.

Anyway, I’ll try to stay in touch from time to time under 7thSignalTrader because that is now the systems Production Version Name. NO MORE Prototype! Yipppppy! It took me six (6) entire revisions of the system’s code to get this thing where I like it. The Engine is version 5.0, but the Dashboard is 6.0, which is the way it is supposed to be. It has been a very long road and I am physically tired and in need of a long vacation. We are thinking about Bora Bora or the Caymans. I’m favoring Bora Bora and for ONCE in our lives I think my Wife agrees on the same vacation spot – now, that is a miracle that goes far beyond anything this trading system could ever do – lol. I hear the water there is so clear that you can actually see down to the floor of the reef layer.

Maybe you and Compounding or Igni59 can get together with some of the others and compare notes – just an idea. Thanks again, I hope your research goes well and I hope you got at least a little inspiration along the way. Because, I really do think that the real long-term and consistent “daily” revenue and capital growth resides “outside the box” in this business. Oh, and no – I’m stalling the book deal for now – just to tired to put that much energy into it. When I’m well rested and get some of my other projects underway, I’ll probably come back to it as a necessary change of pace. The other projects that I have designs on regarding the Non-Profit Organizations will need my undivided attention as they will be fairly large in scope and global in their reach.

I’ll see you around! :)

Fxmarkets/Pbtrader,

Yes –that truly is the bottom line. He was “new”, “revolutionary”, “unlike others”, “outside the box” (way outside) and very much scorned. So, I should not think I would receive any better treatment. This is so true. Ultimately, what I’m attempting to do will benefit others in His name, so maybe that explains the all the negativity and narrow-mindedness that I’ve run into.

There are forces in this world that don’t want to see something like what I’m proposing come to fruition on a global basis as it will bring light where there is darkness. I’ve allowed the darker forces to bend me out of shape too many times during this 6 year process causing me to respond negatively – which only lowers me to their level when I do that. Unfortunately, I kept responding until certain threads got blown out of proportion and way off-topic, but that is what certain people want to have happen. The darkness in them fears the light – but that’s to be expected. Many of them don’t even know the force(s) they are under.

Excellent point and one that I would do well to remember.

As far as the “Intelligent Targeting Package” is concerned (now in Version 2.0), the system does have some capability of adjusting Limit and Stop orders in real-time. I have designed the system to make smaller adjustments in the Limit and Stop locations and not large adjustments, simply because the targets themselves have a specific requirement of being at least 25 pips per day (was 30 pips but the recent changes caused a slight move down). Below is a great example of what I’m talking about. This is the Dashboard for this session: Mar 2 – Mar 3, 2006. In it, you can see that the Day Trade Limit was severely restricted to only 25 pips. That is because the system detected that this session would be Volatile and within a fairly tight range. So, right at the Open of this session which for me is always 4:00pm pacific, the Day Trade Limit was set at 25 pips with a target of 2010. Today’s low was actually 1996 with the high at 2055.

So, when you not the difference between today’s high and today’s open, relative to today’s low to today’s open, you see that there were 39 pips available to the downside today, with only 17 pips to the upside from the same open price. Therefore, the system called the price congestion correctly and did the right thing in restricting the Day Trade Limit to only 25 pips.

I call it “intelligent targeting” and I’ve spend the past 2 years almost trying to refine it as best I could. The system “thinks” its way through various configurations and options and then makes what it considers to be the best decision on where it will set Limits and Stops.

The truth is that under the hood of this system there were actually two (2) Day Trade Profiles. One Long and one Short. The system made the decision to select the Short profile based on a host of other variables. You don’t see the Dual Day Trade Signal on the Dashboard, but in reality there are actually two (2) Day Trade Signals always fighting for the best position and trying their best to convince the intelligent targeting package that “it” is the right one to select.

In this system, there is a constant and never ending all out war going on between Long inputs and Short inputs. I use different layers of coding to determine who is winning that war. The last trade, it targeted 77 pips long and it went on to score far more than that. That’s OK! I’m Ok with that – I don’t mind “over performance” of the target region. What I will not tolerate in my trading is constant “under performance” of the target region. That drives me nuts when it happens and fortunately it does not happen often.

So, yes – the system does auto-adjust the Limit and Stop orders in real-time but I have slowed down the rate of dynamic target changes because I want to work with a more stable system. If it over shoots the target like last session – fine – I can live with that. Just as long as it strikes its designated target every single day. That has been the goal for me since the very beginning – to build a system that was relentless in striking its designate target. Given the system daily minimum of 25 pips, I can do that at a high degree of accuracy, then there is not much that cannot be accomplished in this business, to be really honest with you.

Whenever I join a new forum for the first time, before I begin discussing this system, I typically will ask people what is more important: Money Management, or Accuracy to a “specified” Target? In droves people typically say that Money Management is “the” most important thing to successful long term trading. This is not true. Accuracy to target SOLVES very richly the Money Management problem. One cannot trade what they do not have. If one continues to miss the target and instead run into their Stops all the time, then it will not matter how proficient the Money Management strategy as there won’t be anything left to “manage”.

So, this is why I spent so much time working on the ITP (intelligent targeting package) and refining it to detect when it is entering a tight market. Many sat on the sidelines today in the EURUSD as they saw it as too tight to trade and they missed an opportunity to pick-up some revenue. It is important for me to generate revenue every 24hrs at least and the only way I can do that is with a system that carefully selects its targets after some competitive analysis within the Engine between the Dual Day Trade Signal.

Hope this answers your question fully and thanks for the reality check (much needed) on what “suffering” is really all about! :)

(Note: The Blades were "On" but not traded. The Day was traded and its Target Indicator shows "Struck". I have not made the final decision yet as to wheter or not I will allow them to go active when the Day Trade is "On". For now, I want to compare them side-by-side for a few months. That will be my final chore for this system.)

Attachments

• Mar 2 to Mar 3 Results.jpg
    Mar 2 to Mar 3 Results.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 267
boys

I think you forgot one important thing, to calculate Lunar position and its crucial influence on curreny direction :)

warm regards

Ok, back for a while for a re-start on the journal.

Got some "new stuff" I need to flush out and you know how I like to do it - online!

So, I'll begin with this first post of the Dashboard for 4/17/06 to 4/18/06. You already know the rules: My engine update is at 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm pacific, 0000GMT. Dashboard represents my trade and is self explanatory. If there are any questions feel free to ask along the way. I will be doing these live trades for as long as I need to feel ok about the new changes.

Please note: I am in the Day Trade profile and not either of the Blade or Apex Trades this session - though they show "On". Another reminder: This system is real-time and very dynamic. The Limit prices can change. The Stop prices can change. However, I might not be around here to post that change -or- I might be too busy with other tasks to post the change in time. Just know that everything seen on the Dashboard with the exception of the Date stamp is dynamic and subject to changes in real-time.

I'll try to post one update per session either in text form, or in visual forum depending on the requirements for that session. There will be times when I just don't time to post an update and the only update will come at the end of the trading session in the form of the results Dashboard.

(pic file name shows 18th to 19th. Actual trading session is on the Dashboard upper right hand corner - please note)

Attachments

• April 18 to April 19.jpg
    April 18 to April 19.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
4/17/06 to 4/18/06 Market News Update

Most of my concerns on the news front for this session revolve around the US Econ data for Core PPI mm and Housing Starts. PPI is slated for an up-tic while Housing Starts are slated for a down-tic. PPI typically trumps HS in most cases and the 0.4 projected by some sources over last months -1.X, could prove helpful to this trade. However, Housing Starts are projected to come in lower for the period along with the associated building permits.

FOMC Statements from a previous meeting are also due again this session, so of course, the same hawk’ish/dove'ish rules apply this session, but I think the major US markets are thinking that if a rate hike next Fed session is due, that it will most likely be one of the very last for a good while. Of course, others don't share that same sentiment.

So, on balance - the news this session could be a positive for this Short side trade - but then again, one never knows exactly with news until it hits. Given the combination of the system's signal strength at 76.46% Short and the truncated target for only 25 pips, I feel comfortable with the trade through this type of news. Note that the system can extend and revise its real-time pip target at anytime during the trade and I may or may not be available to post that real-time update.

The Dashboard Day Trade profile is in effect for this session and not any other trade profile shown on the Dashboard.

***End Market News Update***

Hi 7th,

Nice to see you post again :D

Your GlobalView FX Annunciator FX posted on DailyFX looks awesome!!!

Kind regards,

Chuck