Advanced Structured Forex Trading

4/17/06 to 4/18/06 Trade Results

On this one, it looks like the measured tightening of the newest version of the targeting package in the system worked to within 6 pips fairly nicely. A fairly surgical pick-off of the 25 pips to the short side before price returned back to the Swing Trade track.

Though this trade did not include them, the Blades and Apex trades have gotten off to a slow but profitable start as well.

Keep in mind the Day Trades are 24 hrs in duration and can go as high as 72 hours. Swing Trade profiles always start on the first trading day of the week and run for 5 days or less and Outlook Trade profiles always start on the first trading day of the month and run for 20+ days typically - or until their respective targets get struck.

Results below in pic.

Attachments

• April 13 to April 14 EOS.jpg
    April 13 to April 14 EOS.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 253
Just some FYI for those not in the know.

Chuck was kindly pointing to this pic below of the new Digital GlobalView that I've been quietly working on. It is not ready for me to start demo trading yet, but I'm getting close!

(this is a snap-shot of yesterday's GlobalView results in a test of batch trades through 6 currency pairs - two were inactive and not traded)

Attachments

• GlobalView.jpg
    GlobalView.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 327
Another Very Important Reminder

As stated in my very first post in this thread, this is a Trade Journal for Advanced Trades in the currency markets. Nothing has been for sale in the past, not for sale now and will not be for sale in the future. Basically, at this point in my trading career - this is merely to demonstrate (mostly to newbies) what is possible with some creative outside the box thinking and a bit of hard work. For me, doing this digital journals is just plain fun.

4/17/06 to 4/18/06 Trade Addendum

My next system update does not come until 5:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Eastern, 0000GMT and that will produce a Dashboard for the next session.

However, if I can get some FOMC commentary in the direction of today's primary Day Trade signal I will re-enter above the original profiles entry point to scalp a few pips on the downward move - if it is a move in the direction of the original signal. If not, I'll wait until the system update time and post the next Dashboard then.

FOMC in 30 minutes.

4/17/06 to 4/18/06 Trade Addendum

Decided to hold off as news from FOMC was not in the direction of the original signal.

As a side note: The FOMC news was in the direction of the Swing and Outlook signals. So, a longer term Swing trade of the system from the first trading day of this week (the Entry point for all Swing trades) would have seen a nice continuation pop from today’s FOMC news pushing the price just that much closer to the Swing trade Limit target for the week.

Standing by for next system update.

4/18/06 to 4/19/06 Trade

I've run an early system engine update given the exhaustion of the current session for the most part. It is several hours early, so there could be a bit more upside potential, but that's not much of a concern at this point. So, I won't be able to post the pic of the Dashboard until I save the file after 8:00PM Eastern, 5:00PM Pacific, 0000GMT. However, here is what the profile will look like for the next trade.

Type: Short Day Trade
Entry: $1.2342
Limit: $1.2288 (intermediate will advise of change)
Stop: $1.2378

Notes:

IMPORTANT – this trade is approximately 3hrs and 42min early and is slated for an approximate 24 hour duration at present with the potential to be extended upon failure for up to 72hrs. The early nature of the trade could result in slightly higher than normal draw-down, but within specs.

The EURUSD is approaching its Weekly apex and ready for the first of two intermediate turns this week to the Short side. So, please note that this current Limit is subject to change. The system I trade is dynamic and runs in real-time. I may or may not be available to post the Limit and/or Stop changes in real-time. Just note that both are subject to change, but don’t necessarily have to.

Also note: given the early turning into the first Weekly apex opportunity, the Limit point will most likely get extended to include additional pips, but the system won't start projecting that until the price begins to move in the direction of the trade.

(again, pic of Dash will come at the start of next session)

Last edited:
4/18/06 to 4/19/06 Trade Update

Going to temporarily remove Stop to take care of any stop hunters should this get pushed high during the Asia session. I will re-insert stop after most of the dust hits the ground later in the next session.

4/18/06 to 4/19/06 Trade Update

Sorry for the late post of the pic. Below is the Dashboard as it looks right now: 9:41pm Eastern time. As I stated above, I ran the Engine update before the close of the last session and get an early warning of the pending Short, but that it was indeed "early".

So, my entry is NOT what you see in the Dashboard. My entry is what you see above at the time I posted it. At the same time, the Dashboard profile for the Day Trade is in effect for those who wish to track both. I just made the mistake of entering too early on this one.

Given my early entry (above) and given the loading up of Short side potential in the EURUSD coming out of the system right now, I may decide to hold this position as long as the system continues to give me short day trade signals for each update for the remainder of this week.

That is a "might" - I have not yet made that decision and will wait to see how this trade progresses before I make that decision. Again, all Limits and Stops are subject to change in real-time as this is a real time trading system. I may or may not be avail. to post the update if/when it happens all the time.

Trade at your own risk as usual. (Dashboard pic below for this session)

Attachments

• April 18 to April 19 Open.jpg
    April 18 to April 19 Open.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 256
4/18/06 to 4/19/06 Trade Results

Result Dashboard below with conservative system target easily reached today. I don't trade on news, so I will allow the current US Core CPI number flush out the remaining Shorts and allow the engine to be updated at 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm Pacific, 0000GMT.

Attachments

• April 18 to April 19 Close.jpg
    April 18 to April 19 Close.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 226
4/18/06 to 4/19/06 Early Entry Text Trade

This early entry text based trade from yesterday was aside from the Dashboard trade and is now closed.

Type: Short Day Trade
Entry: $1.2342
Limit: $1.2300 (revised up)
Stop: $1.2378

Pips: +42

General Note

April 19th, 2006 - The Dashboard's Swing Target has just been struck for this week on nicely done recoil off the Day Trade signal's short move down through its target.

Swing Trade profile is not being traded at the moment. However, this Dashboard pic update is to confirm the strike on the dynamic Swing Trade target for this week at $1.2383. Now, if I were trading the Swing profile, I'd take profits automatically on the Limit order at the target knowing that all system generated targets are dynamic and thus subject to increase. I'd then make a decision based on the Day Trade signal in the next session as to whether or not I wanted to re-enter the Swing profile "if" its own target had dynamically increased after the routine daily system update at 0000GMT. Just some FYI on how I would treat the Swing profiles on any given week.

Thus far, overall system performance is pretty much on par.

Attachments

• April 18 to April 19 Close.jpg
    April 18 to April 19 Close.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 235
General Note

Between April 19th and April 28th, 2006, with today’s move higher after the short day interlude below the $1.2288 level and then moving back into the Long Swing Trade profile track to strike that target above the $1.2390 level coupled with good system performance on the Monthly data side of things, the EURUSD has now entered a “perfect storm short” scenario in the Swing Trade mode for next week AND the Outlook Trade mode for next month.

The only current problem with this scenario is that today’s is only April 19th, 2006 and that still leaves lots of time left on the Outlook Trade clock relative to its $1.24XX target level. Outlook Trade profiles are less precise as Swing profiles and Swing profiles are less precise than Day profile in this system. Of course, that makes all the sense in the world. The system was designed to be a Short Term Predictive Model Trading Application, yet it still does a fairly good job of picking-off some good Swing targets and occasionally a good job of coming close to the Outlook targets. Whenever I trade the Swing and/or Outlook Trade profiles, I really don’t care much at all whether or not their targets get struck, just as long as a large percentage of their targets are filled during the course of the Swing or Outlook trade (depending on which one I’m trading).

So, this “perfect storm short” opportunity coming up will be fit into the Swing Trade Profile and most likely extend into next week. It could face some resistance from the remaining Outlook momentum given the 7 trading days left in the month of April.

Notes in arrears:

Initial Trade profile: initiates ever 24 hours at 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm Pacific, 0000GMT and has been made less sensitive. So, fewer of those Initial signals will appear as “On” at the start of every session. (it was either that, or get rid of it completely – I decided to keep it for now unless it blows up too many times. I have a low tolerance for loss of capital.)

Day Trade profiles: initiate every 24 hours at 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm Pacific, 0000GMT.

Swing Trade profiles: initiate every first trading day of the week at the Open. (sometimes I don’t get to it until Monday)

Outlook Trade profiles: initiate ever first trading day of the month at the Open.

Blade and Apex Trade profiles: are back in “Test Mode” as their parameters are still being developed.

GlobalView with Annunciator FX: still in development. (pic shown in post #163 of this thread)

Short Term Predictive Model Trading Application

In the colourful illusion-of-control world of Tradeguiders, TomCats, Trendsignals and, well, Turtles I think you need a more striking umbrella mnemonic to do justice to the undoubted charms of Blade and Apex.

How about Systematic Predictive Application Model?

Oh, I see what you mean. Best leave it as it is. :)

frugi said:
In the colourful illusion-of-control world of Tradeguiders, TomCats, Trendsignals and, well, Turtles I think you need a more striking umbrella mnemonic to do justice to the undoubted charms of Blade and Apex.

How about Systematic Predictive Application Model?

Oh, I see what you mean. Best leave it as it is. :)

Blades "cut" both ways to either Apex.

The "cutting" action was a shoe-in for the term "Blade". The reversal action, either after a positive or negative move in the price towards a peak, was the other shoe-in for the term "Apex". An "apex" can either be positive or negative in a three-dimensional universe.

Thus, the "blades" cut while the "apex" contains (or, should contain). Getting the mathematics behind the GUI right is another story.

I'm close to releasing them like well trained race horses, but their behavior under one particular market condition makes them moot - so, I'm studying to understand when to turn them "Off". I think I already see the answer, but it will take a couple more months to be sure as I compare projections with history.

4/19/06 to 4/20/06 Trade

Still with datafeed problems and cannot run engine update without - I won't trade without the system. If I don't get the feed back soon, I will stand-down this session and wait until the next.

4/19/06 to 4/20/06 Trade - No Datafeed

Flat: on technical difficulties with datafeed

Without a datafeed/connectivity problems, I won't trade.

I'll let my most current commentary on the condition of the EURUSD in post number 173 stand in the place of a Dashboard this session. Every blue moon, I run into either network connectivity issues during critical times of a trade or engine update, or one of the data-providers that I use has a problem with their feed or their server.

Next Dashboard due: 4/20/06 to 4/21/06 to close out this weeks trades at 0000GMT, 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm Pacific.

Last edited:
Just got the datafeed back (happy about that fact) and was able to run the Dashboard update (finally).

There was a signal and it was valid. However the trade has come and gone and thus I will not count this as a valid forum/internet trade call. I won't even post the pic as that could be misconstrued as an "after the fact post". However, I will say that post number 173 turned out to be very telling about today's current EURUSD activity and today’s Dashboard projections.

Waiting for next Dashboard update for next session.

"If", the price returns to the "Open" price, which for me was 0000GMT, 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm Pacific, "then" I will post today's Dashboard as that would be a fair way to do it. If there is no return to today's open price, which for me is $1.2373 then I will not post today's Dashboard as that could be misconstrued as an "after the fact" post.

So, on a return to my open price for the 4/19/06 to 4/20/06 session of $1.2373, I will post the Dashboard in its current state which came after the datafeed problems. That would be the most honest way to do it.

Outside of that happening, I'm still waitng for next session update time on 4/19/06.