Active day and swing traders

Sometimes it works!
I broke my own rules and entered a position prior to market open on the DAX. A very successful short and got a quick 90 points in the bag. Actually very easy to predict.
I have to complement D4F in that the trade was filled with superb efficiency.

OK, back th the normal trading.
I remain long in AAL Stops well positive
RR +
SPT & SMDS both flat.

UKX although I have a long signal at 5396 as you know I dont like the round numbers so I will wait for a confirm of 5400 before entering long.
As far as the DAX is concerned I will sit on the sidelines for a while.

As I said earlier, nothing on the radar for individual stocks.

Good trading

Dave

Euro_d said:
Closed AAL @ 1550, I think the run is over for now.

nice one, dave

aside from emg (hovering on a trigger) maybe - stress maybe!! - longs shp, emap, sge, rex - no shorts

good trading

jon

barjon said:
nice one, dave

aside from emg (hovering on a trigger) maybe - stress maybe!! - longs shp, emap, sge, rex - no shorts

good trading

jon
Hi Jon,

We're actually agreed on a trade - REX - scary :LOL:

My positions: long ICI, IPR, REX, short RSA

Cheers,

Mark

Morning all,
Open positions
SPT & SMDS flat, slightly neg

Nothing on the radar, possible short of RR but not just yet, any comments?

As far as my fav indices are concerned,
DAX entered a quick long this morning based on the futures and closed @ 4950 for a quick 15 points as I saw resistance at 55 but in fact I should have held on to it as it continues to rise, ah well.

UKX I really dont see a long unless we reach mid 50's shorts are not really in sight so I will probably leave both alone today.

Good trading

EMG update:

A sideways low vol consolidation. The brakes have been pushed and the initial trend line has broken - but the hourly downtrend is still intact (by my definition anyway).

Attachments

• Man emg 4.JPG
    Man emg 4.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 193
dsn said:
EMG update:

A sideways low vol consolidation. The brakes have been pushed and the initial trend line has broken - but the hourly downtrend is still intact (by my definition anyway).

dsn

came near to triggering a long yesterday but backed off. today's move south has nullified the assumed swing low so it's out of the firing line for the time being.

good trading

jon

Hi Guys,

Just opened a long in LLOY, let's see what happens there.
I had a busy weekend and a busy monday, I'm still sorting few things out to feel 100%comfortable at work.
good trading!

Silvia

barjon said:
came near to triggering a long yesterday but backed off.

Good. I don't know whether you use Rivalland's entry criteria ie. a break of the previous day's low/high? I think it can be a bit too much of a blunt instrument at times, yesterday being a good example - one tick higher and you would have bought into a downtrend. A bit more refinement looking for a proper trend reversal on an hourly chart can sometimes help.

All swings and roundabouts though. You could argue that the mechanical simplicity of his method makes it easy to operate with discipline, in which case you will win over time - whereas by poncing about trying to refine things you lose that critical advantage.

dsn

pretty rivallandesque i suppose - not as blunt but still heavily mechanical (which i need for my discipline :rolleyes: ) Agree that the lower timeframe is important.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
dsn

pretty rivallandesque i suppose - not as blunt but still heavily mechanical (which i need for my discipline :rolleyes: ) Agree that the lower timeframe is important.

good trading

jon

Or perhaps provide Mrs barjon with a nice whippy cane! Sorry barjon I know its off topic but I couldn't resist.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
Or perhaps provide Mrs barjon with a nice whippy cane! Sorry barjon I know its off topic but I couldn't resist.

Regards

bracke

hi brackey,

you spotted the weals on my back then :LOL:

you going to join us if there's no takers for your thread? the more the merrier - we'll sqeeze up along the bus for such a notable fellow.

regards and good trading

jon

barjon said:
hi brackey,

you spotted the weals on my back then :LOL:

you going to join us if there's no takers for your thread? the more the merrier - we'll sqeeze up along the bus for such a notable fellow.

regards and good trading

jon

Perhaps I was a little too dictatorial with my thread rules. I will continue by myself, one gets a far better quality of poster that way! and no one to argue with me.

Perhaps that should be notoriety rather than notable.

Although I visit and lurk I am not a day trader or a swing trader, so there is little that I can contribute.

Just as a point of interest I have gone long on emg using the Dec future.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
........Although I visit and lurk I am not a day trader or a swing trader, so there is little that I can contribute........

bracke

well, if your breathing you can claim active and that's in the title. there's not really any set style - ranges from fast-fingered day jobs to many week positions, so what's in a name.

jon

Morning all,
Not a good start to the day,
Tried to short both UKX and DAX at the open but failed as both fell prior to the open! Ah well, had to give some back!
I will make some small plays if opportunities arise but we are a long way from any of my major triggers.

RPS, long, on radar if we can see a little upturn to say 162 ish.
Possible short on RR

Remain long (just) in SPT, SMDS both with minor losses and stagnant.

Might just keep the hands in the pockets to stop them getting burned today!

Good trading,
Dave

mornin' all

stopped out of shp long yesterday (which is the only bit of blue on my screen this morning :rolleyes: ) closed glh and sge longs just before the close for safeties sake (fed announcement in us). so positionless atm.

interesting that ftse shrugged off the dow fall on monday, ignored the early dow rise yesterday and doesn't seem too bothered today after the dow post announcement fall. wonder if that means there's some pent-up downside lurking?

good trading

jon

bracke said:
Perhaps I was a little too dictatorial with my thread rules. I will continue by myself, one gets a far better quality of poster that way! and no one to argue with me.

Perhaps that should be notoriety rather than notable.

Although I visit and lurk I am not a day trader or a swing trader, so there is little that I can contribute.

Just as a point of interest I have gone long on emg using the Dec future.

Regards

bracke

As I see it, I am a day trader if I get stopped out the same day, a swing trader if stopped the next day. Otherwise I get to be a position trader, which isn't very often but which I aspire to be.

Split

Hi Split, my sentiments entirely, except index positions which are exclusively intraday!
BTW, where in Spain are you?

OK, just spotted a quick and slightly risky short on RIO @ 2128, its already dropped a little today. Would be nice (for me) to see a pull back to the lows of a couple of weeks ago, 1940ish

Good trading
Dave.

hello all,

ibeen busy sorting out the house, absoulutely nitemare really stressed me out , worse then trading. and thanks jon for asking. now i have lots of catching up to do in this thread.