Active day and swing traders

Hi all!

Stopped out LLOY this morning, entered long TSCO, let's see how it goes. I'm still watching closely LLOY though.
Good trading,
Silvia.

Ouch, missed a 20 point drop on UKX this morning after smarting from a couple of rash and wrong trades early on! Slapped hands!

My short on RIO does not look too healthy either.

Maybe I should go and play golf instead?

KHI, yep, house moves are said to be one of life's greatest stress makers, try doing internationally!

Silvia, not too sure about Tesco, have you seen Lehman's comments this morning? OK, we are all technical traders (??) aren't we? From that point of view I can see the trade.

Good luck
Dave

'afternoon all,

GSK is looking like it might be interesting (on the long side) soon... [looking at a 2-4 week trading timeframe]

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Mark

B****r! Stopped out of ICI long @ 293. Opened @ average301.875 on 15/9 & 16/9

Rita's certainly causing havoc on the markets this afternoon.

Hope others are doing better than me at the moment!

Mark

I personally cannot see a trade in sight on the FTSE. Been trying all day to scape (re-coup) my early losses and there is nothing, flat as a pancake!i

Re GSK, it is at the highest level since November 2003, I would like to see a good break out of the current level which has proved to be resistance on 3 occasions this year. If it breaks out then, yes, there is potential. Personally, I dont do drugs! Nor do I like drug stocks but then that is nothing more than irrational on my part!!!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Guys and Silvia ( I think she is the only girl here?)

I have been thinking a little and have decided that my waffle regarding the DAX and UKX is somewhat off topic so I will refrain from posting my garbage here.

I will continue to post my thoughts and analysis on individual UK top 250 stocks.

I will join the "FTSE" thread and post my opinions there, hope that is acceptable to all.

If anyone is interested in lively UKX chat then feel free to go to the "FTSE" thread.

Have a good evening,
Dave

Euro_d said:
Ouch, missed a 20 point drop on UKX this morning after smarting from a couple of rash and wrong trades early on! Slapped hands!

Silvia, not too sure about Tesco, have you seen Lehman's comments this morning? OK, we are all technical traders (??) aren't we? From that point of view I can see the trade.

Good luck
Dave

Thanks Dave. Yes, we're technical traders, but it doesn't hurt to know a little bit about the share one's trading, unlike kamikaze Silvia here. Not a good day today for me, well, it depends from what perspective. Stopped out in TSCO too! Being optimistic I could say that I took really small losses and I think my stop losses were well placed...the negative side is: If I got into the RIGHT side of a trade, who cares where my stop losses are!

So, I hope tomorrow will be a better day. For the moment I have lot of thinking to do, work for this evening.

Silvia.

Euro_d said:
Hi Guys and Silvia ( I think she is the only girl here?)

I have been thinking a little and have decided that my waffle regarding the DAX and UKX is somewhat off topic so I will refrain from posting my garbage here.
Dave

I forgot, about UKX and DAX, as I said before for me it's fine, I do find it very informative. I'll take a look at that thread.
Good night!

Silvia.

Morning all,
Well a negative day on the FTSE and last night saw the DOW close over 100 points down, at the session lows and on high volumes.
That should kick Europe down, the SB Co's are calling UKX down around 10.

I have VOD signalled lower on 2 of my systems and will probably go for it soon after the open.
DNX is signalled long but not over strongly however it might have 20 points in the trade due to the "Rita effect"

Unless my RIO trade from yesterday starts moving down I shall close it, it has gone against me, it was a small short that went wrong as soon as it was filled!

Good trading to all
Dave

PS, my waffles on UKX and DAX are now on "The FTSE" thread.

UPDATE forget DNX dont trade srocks with silly spreads! DNX has 11 points on D4F and 16 on IG!

Last edited:
mornin' all

positionless still. the sharp reaction will no doubt throw up a plethora of potential swing lows unless it becomes significant enough to change trends to down - when shorts will have to await what happens on the first bounce.

good trading

jon

ps:

potential swinglows appearing so far: azn,ema,emg,rb.,rex

Mark

like dave my eye's drawn to that very well tested resistance level that gsk's head is coming up against. i've got it trendless, but it's been a nice move up since back end of august.

good trading

jon

Closed my (thankfully small) duff short on RIO, rose close to 3% after my entry! Guess the Rita effect was stringer than the TA.
Whatever closed at a loss!

I am begining to feel that the Katrina and Rita disasters are blurring the TA, possibly a time to sit back for a few days?

What do you think?

Euro_d said:
Closed my (thankfully small) duff short on RIO, rose close to 3% after my entry! Guess the Rita effect was stringer than the TA.
Whatever closed at a loss!

I am begining to feel that the Katrina and Rita disasters are blurring the TA, possibly a time to sit back for a few days?

What do you think?
'morning Dave,

I think the markets are likely to be pretty volatile until the effects of Rita are known & digested.

My gut feel is that this could mark a turning point for the markets with the odds being on a turn down rather than up. Fortunately, though, I don't trade on gut feel! So, like others here, I'll have to wait for the price action to develop & see what opportunities that throws up.

As prices move down (which they are continuing to do) potential longs in SPW, BOC and CBRY move further from triggering.

Current position: long IPR, short RSA.

Be careful out there!

Mark

barjon said:
ps:

potential swinglows appearing so far: azn,ema,emg,rb.,rex

Mark

like dave my eye's drawn to that very well tested resistance level that gsk's head is coming up against. i've got it trendless, but it's been a nice move up since back end of august.

good trading

jon
Hi Jon, Dave,

Thx for your thoughts on GSK. I agree that there looks like resistance somewhere around the price we have now. Looking at a 2-year chart I do, however, see an uptrend over the last year.

My trending indicators are suggesting that it may soon be time to buy but it's not quite there yet. Looks like I should stick to my rules & not enter early. Mind you, it strikes me as pretty bullish that the SP is holding up despite yesterday & today's negativity in the overall market.

Good trading!

Mark

Attachments

• GSK.jpg
    GSK.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 186
marben said:
...............Looks like I should stick to my rules & not enter early............ Mark

tut, tut - you should always stick to the bl**dy things :eek: :eek:

good trading

jon

Bracke, it just goes to show even those who are moderators are human!

OK,
Had a critical look at what I have on the table and I dont like the situation so:

Entered VOD this morning for a short and it gained, so closed it!
SPT & SMDS have been poor performers for weeks so I have closed them both for a slight loss.
Did I mention that I also closed my RIO short for a loss, yes? OK.

That leaves me with no open trades. As I stated earlier I find the markets difficult these last few days, either me or Katrina / Rita effect, I dont know but if I am unsure I prefer to keep out.
Am continuing to intraday trade on DAX & UKX which, thankfully has more than compensated for my poor performance on individual stocks these last couple of days.

I probably will stay out now until after the weekend.

Good trading to all,

Dave