About this "reputation" system (AKA Pimp my Pips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity about the spread, but I've gone long on ATRS(APMP) at #45. Should hit the hundred mark this week.

And to think that the "post recommended by..." tagline was introduced for the main reason so that others could see who the 'pip buddies' were...

(n) It is stoopid. (n)

What strikes me most about all of this, is that the members who have been here the longest (since 2003, 2004...) are shouting the loudest :rolleyes:. And I'm only using you as an example, tune. Funny how they've only started complaining about this recently, although as far as I know the rules for repping someone haven't changed in quite some time...

Then again, it's always easier to complain than to suggest something more constructive.

What strikes me most about all of this, is that the members who have been here the longest (since 2003, 2004...) are shouting the loudest :rolleyes:. And I'm only using you as an example, tune. Funny how they've only started complaining about this recently, although as far as I know the rules for repping someone haven't changed in quite some time...

Then again, it's always easier to complain than to suggest something more constructive.

Depends on what you mean by "recently". And as far as constructive, how constructive do you want me to be? Or do you really need all those dots? If so, I just gave you some more. :)

Depends on what you mean by "recently". And as far as constructive, how constructive do you want me to be? Or do you really need all those dots? If so, I just gave you some more. :)

Despite my efforts of trying to make a point, it seems I'm not succeeding.

Perhaps all of those who are participating in this thread for the sole benefit of exchanging pips, could volunteer for the role of advisor? Isn't it ironic that so many jump aboard when they see an opportunity to criticize something, but that out of the near 90,000 members it's hard to find even 5 who want to be moderator or advisor? Trade2win isn't my site so I probably shouldn't care, but foolishly enough I do.

As for needing those dots, no, I have no desire to be fed. Given the statement below, one could be led to think you do though...

... Unless posts are recommended, I never know whether anybody is reading them or not . . .

Nothing wrong with asking for a bit of attention, but I can imagine there are better ways than this thread.

Is repping a bit like crimping?

Attachments

• 260px-The_Mighty_Boosh_Subtitles_ScreenShot.jpg
    260px-The_Mighty_Boosh_Subtitles_ScreenShot.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 208
Perhaps all of those who are participating in this thread for the sole benefit of exchanging pips, could volunteer for the role of advisor?

Why? I've already told Paul several times what I think about this. Would he pay any more attention if I were an "advisor"?

As for needing those dots, no, I have no desire to be fed. Given the statement below, one could be led to think you do though...

Recommending a post need have nothing to do with dots. I'd like to be able to recommend a post without having to recommend four others in the meantime that don't deserve the recommendation. Like yours.

OK. As much as I've enjoyed this thread, at the risk of great personal pain, I'll be the one to close the thread.

The point about having to spread it around when sometimes you just want to give them another point is a good one - I too get hit by it when I see a good post and haven't tapped enough other people. But the reason that you have to spread it around was also a good one.

So, thread closed for now, and it would be nice if we could wait at least a few weeks before starting a new one on the subject :)

Status
Not open for further replies.