About this "reputation" thing

Just out of curiosity, how was the system abused?
Every way possible! By 'repping' posts that don't warrant it, asking to have their posts repped, canvassing support (both for and against) for particular members to be repped, creating numerous multi-nics solely for the purpose of repping, etc., etc.

Why would grown men care about how many reputation points they had?
Babies cry for it and soldiers die for it; it's part of the human condition. I believe it applies to women too.
;)
Tim.

Every way possible! By 'repping' posts that don't warrant it, asking to have their posts repped, canvassing support (both for and against) for particular members to be repped, creating numerous multi-nics solely for the purpose of repping, etc., etc.

These are supposedly adults! :LOL::LOL:

Babies cry for it and soldiers die for it; it's part of the human condition. I believe it applies to women too.
;)
Tim.
??????

Nothing much to add to Tim's comments. We had it running a few years, experimented by having both negative and positive and then just positive feedback. It was kinda fun whilst it lasted, but eventually it was just a big distraction as some members complained it was misleading as it appeared to represent their reputation as a trader. So we ditched it, along with the member titles. It still lives on in a private manner, as it's used by the 'like' system to list out who likes the posts. If we ever upgrade the forum software or switch to another, it's not something we'd migrate over. So either ignore the actual private score, or if the consensus thinks it's better to hide it altogether we could just do that.

;)
Tim.

Thanks. I understood that you were referring to reputation. My question marks were about why you did not just say that. I think we all start to begin to make jokes when we have sat at a computer for too long. :cheesy: