About this "reputation" system (AKA Pimp my Pips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that my "power" is now 70 pts, I don't give it away lightly. Unfortunately, that has to change unless I want to maintain a diary of whom I want to go back to in order to recommend a post, which could be quite some time.

It's idiotic.

That's for sure! :)

M

Without wanting to seem even slightly ingratiating or grovelling, I'd just like to say that this is easily the best thread on T2W. The intelligence and perspicacity of all the contributors is undoubtedly completely wonderful. (Etc)

I have no problem with the current system either way. I'm happy to know when someone agrees with me or likes my post. Equally, I appreciate a reasoned counter view.

What counts for me is what someone's written and what I think of it after critical examination. But that's the way to treat any written material isn't it? :)

Without wanting to seem even slightly ingratiating or grovelling, I'd just like to say that this is easily the best thread on T2W. The intelligence and perspicacity of all the contributors is undoubtedly completely wonderful. (Etc)

I'd recommend your post, but, unfortunately, I can't.:)

You know, it occurs to me that five of us should form a coalition. The mission of this coalition would be to inflate our respective reputations until they are higher than Sharky's. Who's on board?

jj

You know, it occurs to me that five of us should form a coalition. The mission of this coalition would be to inflate our respective reputations until they are higher than Sharky's. Who's on board?

jj

Actually, this has already been done, which accounts for some of the more perplexing reputaions.

Personally, and as I've said more than once, I really don't give a damn one way or the other about these dots. Anyone who thinks that all of them were earned as a result of life-changing posts is naive. All I want is to be able to recommend somebody's post without having to recommend beforehand four other posts I couldn't care less about. As I said earlier, it's idiotic.

LOL. I would like to think dbPhoenix for gratuitously recommending one of my posts in his process.

db, there is no need to recommend this one :)

Actually, this has already been done, which accounts for some of the more perplexing reputaions.

Personally, and as I've said more than once, I really don't give a damn one way or the other about these dots. Anyone who thinks that all of them were earned as a result of life-changing posts is naive. All I want is to be able to recommend somebody's post without having to recommend beforehand four other posts I couldn't care less about. As I said earlier, it's idiotic.

Why don't you get together with a group of chums and then when you want to recommend a post you could just rep one of your chums and leave a little message saying who the rep was really meant for. Then the chum could rep by proxy on your behalf.

A sort of arbitrage repping if you know what I mean.

dd

Why don't you get together with a group of chums and then when you want to recommend a post you could just rep one of your chums and leave a little message saying who the rep was really meant for. Then the chum could rep by proxy on your behalf.

A sort of arbitrage repping if you know what I mean.

dd

The extra step isn't really necessary. It's easier just to rep those who've recommended my posts in this thread. Then I can go ahead and give it to whoever deserves it. :)

But I'll rep you anyway . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.