A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA

2 45 pm - the LR cross - shame its out of TW - 2 39/ 40 was at least 10 pips too early and 2 51 pm would be 20 pips too late - so a scalp out of a TW - but any long follower of my method know the 2 other popular times out of TWs are 15 mins past and to the hour

Lower High so far 5338 to 5340 ish - earlier than I though - although wanted to sell under 5350

EA scalp out of TW

EA

At 2 30 pm ish I commented with chart - I want to sell and look for pullbacks under 5350

Well 2 45 pm was the perfect time - well not perfect really as out of TW - but many other clues - including a LH to 40 and a LR cross over a bearish 2 44 pm candle

Chart to show the scalp sell

So far at 3 06 pm - a 56 pip scalp sell

203600d1445609156-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ea-231015-2-45-pm-sell.png

Attachments

• EA - 231015 - 2 45 PM SELL.png
    EA - 231015 - 2 45 PM SELL.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 445
What a great week.
I'm done and have a good weekend all.
Enjoy the camaraderie very much guys.
Thanks

All the best Nick

Yes this week as been a really good one

Main winners today - same culprits - EA - EJ - GU - EU ( yes EU )

For those traders not trading Fridays - why ??

For those traders only taking 2 or 3 trades - why ??

Thanks guys for everyone who has contributed and as you know i welcome more to come and join us and find out what you are missing

I am not fully focused this afternoon - and so just managing some partials next and keeping an every hour or so on whats happening

I will pop back later - but another dog walk next - whilst its still light

Don't forget clocks change Sunday - believe it or not it effects our timing - so next week be aware first few days

Meanwhile - please anyone who wants to make any calls or comments on FX - carry on you are welcome

F

Clocks will be a pain for me, later London starts as we never changed the clocks this year.
LO will be 2pm so 1-4.30 then 7.30 till the wife says enough -))) if she doesn't care then 9.30 as 3.30 London time is usually enough anyway.

Hi F just in from work ive downloaded the ctrader demo how do you get the set you have do you need to download a link.

Hi F just in from work ive downloaded the ctrader demo how do you get the set you have do you need to download a link.

Hi Liver

Ok - its worth watching their video or going through all the instructions on all the things you can do with the ctrader - you will find this on their website

All my LR indicators are found under the volatility section of indicators - ie open up a plain FX chart and right click on chart and then go to indicators and volatility and source Linear regression forecasts

You can then set up the chart - for a start just use 3 or 4 LRs as the ones Sun 11 used on her thread.

I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with the ctrader whether with FXPro or another broker - as there is so much to learn and use etc etc

This might take anything from a few hours to a full day and then once you know how it all works - please feel free to post your chart set up etc

Regards

F

On the lrs what periods shall i enter and forecast.Sorry to bother you

Good Question

I know we played around with a few settings for Sun on her MT4 set up - but for a start try 8 or 9 - then 12 or 13 and then 28 to 30

Play with each combination on 2 or 3 pairs to see which "curve fits" the best - unfortunately not all platform settings are the same - you might find for example 8 then 13 and 28 works better than having 9 / 12 and 30 setting

Get use to the cross overs on the quickest 2 settings and look ideally for all 3 to go over or under price within 2 or 3 pips of each other for a scalp entry

Make sure you test on demo and allow a few days to get used to the set up and using the cross overs in time windows

GL and have a great weekend

Regards

F

Yes im on ctrader demo so can also set it on Mt4.Are the Lrs moving avgs.

No - Linear regression indicators have different properties to just moving averages - thats why I use them instead of MA's

I prefer ctrader to MT4 but if you do use the mt4 you can use then Sun's link with her setting and adjust to suit etc

Have to excuse me now - off out in 15 mins - so will be only be able to assist further over the weekend

Regards

F

Last edited:
Morning F could you send me the link that Sun has set up on the Mt4 platform. Sorry to be a pain but im really interested in the way you trade.Low risk

Morning F could you send me the link that Sun has set up on the Mt4 platform. Sorry to be a pain but im really interested in the way you trade.Low risk

Morning Liver

This is the link below - I believe

I dont use MT4 - but I know Sun and NVP do - and this was the comment Sun posted in her thread - see below

One interesting thing I have noticed Liver is that you are not down on my friends or contact list - and yet you are still able to comment on this thread - which being in the journal section is restricted .

I have no problem assisting and helping you with my method - as long as you already have the necessary FX basic trading knowledge and have already traded with live monies before. I think you mentioned you had been trading for 3 yrs - maybe you can confirm that ?

Also with you being the only person able to comment on this thread and not via being linked as a contact or friend? - are you actually from T2W - or connected with them in any way.

Please rest assured its no problem - but just interested why you have been able to slip through the "net " - so to say

Link below - good luck with it

Regards

F

Hi NVP,

Certainly I would love to share my indicator with you...
This is the link for the indicator.
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8200

I also attached the file.
View attachment 195594

Yes does changes the color based on the direction.

By default there are 3 colours:
Red = Downtrend
Green = Uptrend
Yellow = Indicates changes in trend

Regards
S

That reminds me - any new followers who want to join in and comment on this journal thread are welcome to send me a friends request.

Unfortunately - I cannot accept all requests - especially from total newbie FX traders - as you did need ideally 12 to 18 months of basic level experience with regards to the market and trading and at least tried either swing or intraday trading whether from 1 hr / 4 hr or daily charts and be familiar with other methods - such as Harmonics / EW / Gann /Ichimoku / PF's / etc etc.

Also I need to know a bit about you - ie ideally from profile or via link etc - and so blank profiles could be just more multi nics or old alternative fans etc etc - who might then want to take the journal off topic etc etc.

Meanwhile - 3 of my so called "students of my method" are commenting in Sun's - "My journal - Pathway to Improvements " thread and so please feel free to get in touch with me via there will any questions or requests with profiles etc etc

Enjoy your weekend - although its a miserable wet day here in the Midlands

Regards

F

Morning Liver

I dont use MT4 - but I know Sun and NVP do - and this was the comment Sun posted in her thread - see below

One interesting thing I have noticed Liver is that you are not down on my friends or contact list - and yet you are still able to comment on this thread - which being in the journal section is restricted .

I have no problem assisting and helping you with my method - as long as you already have the necessary FX basic trading knowledge and have already traded with live monies before. I think you mentioned you had been trading for 3 yrs - maybe you can confirm that ?

Also with you being the only person able to comment on this thread and not via being linked as a contact or friend? - are you actually from T2W - or connected with them in any way.

Please rest assured its no problem - but just interested why you have been able to slip through the "net " - so to say

Regards

F
J

How do i prove i have been trading for more than 3 years.I bave tradex point a figure on stocks also trade day high on some forex pairs.I gained access to the thread through taptalk only.I have also traded support and resistance. I find risk management is the most important tool a trader should work on and have had some bad months like blowing accounts in the past.Just trying to find some consistency. I have also traded indices which is a bad idea i think .

Morning Liver

Regards

F

ive always traded Mt4 charts ...........no issues from me ................i'm not necessarily recommending FXCM.uk as a broker but their platform has always served my indicators well ..........

most brokers will only give you a months grace on demos ...but slip them say $100 and they will usually open you up a live account to run your indicators on

N
N

Status
Not open for further replies.