A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies - a little busy this afternoon elsewhere .......heres the usd's journey

from my last call there were range options buying / selling usd ........tricky

then a major bull breach at 14.30 GMT (15.30 BST)

30 mins of buying then big selloffs since

Cheers
N

back in chair tomorrow .....or misquoted elsewhere on other threads later ;)

N

Attachments

• the usd today.JPG
    the usd today.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
A Day in the life of the EU

Pre London Open - 8 00 am

EU

my first scalp sell as documented was 6 49 / 6 50 am at 1289 area

I scalp bought at 7 09 am and left with 7 pips after being up nearly 10 pips

We now have more clues

[U]A scalp LiTs at 1282/84 area[/U]

I below both prices favours sells and lower

Above both prices favours more scalp buys and higher

2 pip area - is that acceptable for some

Well 7 39 aam was a HL and 7 40 am a scalp buy

will it get over 1284 to stay with it ???

198352d1441176745-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-20915-3.png

Now after 9 00 pm - 11 hrs later

Stayed under its Lits - see area pre 7 00 am comment

70+ pip down now

198518d1441225301-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-20915-nr-end-day.png

Attachments

• EU - 20915 nr end of day.png
    EU - 20915 nr end of day.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 574
interesting to note i am being ribbed on the other thread for losing a few pips. my error was moving my stop in too tight. the ucad then fell 40 or so pips. Obviously they did not have the grace to acknowledge the 80 plus pip win from an advance call earlier on !!!

interesting to note i am being ribbed on the other thread for losing a few pips. my error was moving my stop in too tight. the ucad then fell 40 or so pips. Obviously they did not have the grace to acknowledge the 80 plus pip win from an advance call earlier on !!!

Evening MM

Yes have seen it - but then you have not been showing FAKE statements like some members - mentioning no names - yes more than two actually

Maybe they don't know we can have a few losses a day

In fact i am sure on your 30+ statements you have shown over this year - you have had losses and if I remember right you mentioned a whopping 15 pips on one pair Friday - a slip up as normally you work on losses of under 5 -7 pips

Glad I dont show my real statements - Nobody would ever believe them - so waste of time for me - its more important to see ones off others who master the method

Around most of tomorrow - although out again from 7 30 am to maybe 9 30 am - shame but if I cannot make my daily target before 7 30 am - I will by 4 30 am - I am fairly sure ;-)))

See you tomorrow some time

PS - yes 2.3 pip loss is frightening - ROFL

Good evening!

It's been a while, but I am still hanging around in the background trying to improve. Very nice with a new calmer thread btw!
I was wondering one thing with regards to this chart. I was not following UCad today so I did not see this spot until you posted the chart but I would probably have entered short at 3:51 or 3:53 and consequently stopped out with a 5 pip stop a few minutes later.
Are there any clues why this trade is wrong or should it just be considered an exception?

Thanks!
Jon

4 20 pm

Chart from 3 09 pm to 4 09 pm - 1 hr

Nice movements

2 scalp buys - 2 scalp sells - last one still got partials on

Note the KT's and quick 2 LRs cross overs and also PA reading etc

spread mostly under 1.1 pips

Late on first scalp buy - thats why not over 40 pips

198454d1441207647-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-1-hour-96-pips-20915.png

Not worked out all the LiT gains from today - a few really nice - others stopped out with just a few pips profit and then others from nr highs and Lows worked

its important you catch interim highs and low over the day - ok - not always possible to be correct within 2 pips - but certainly be with them within 5 to 10 pips of their extreme

Another point - members wanting to be allowed into this thread to comment and join in

Sorry guys - got quite a few pending - and the main reason is because they have no profile and so could be multi nics - and multi nics spell problem and normally trouble

Like in trading - I will be never 100% correct but you need a profile and also some comments on my other threads so I can see you have some FX experience and are keen enough to put the study in to make work for you

See you tomorrow guys

F

Good evening!

It's been a while, but I am still hanging around in the background trying to improve. Very nice with a new calmer thread btw!
I was wondering one thing with regards to this chart. I was not following UCad today so I did not see this spot until you posted the chart but I would probably have entered short at 3:51 or 3:53 and consequently stopped out with a 5 pip stop a few minutes later.
Are there any clues why this trade is wrong or should it just be considered an exception?

Thanks!
Jon

Hi Jon

just seen your comment

Give me 10 mins or so and will answer it and explain - no problem

Regards

F

Good evening!

Thanks!
Jon

Hi Jon. my take is as follows
at 15.50, price action has been higher highs and higher lows, so i would be lkooking at pa until 4.00pm to give me some interim structure from which i can judge a little more. the blue line i have put on the chart is just that, an interim support formed in the last few minutes of the hour. Do you notice that by 16.00 hrs we have had the following happen.
1) another higher high, but far less so than previous ones since 1400.
2) that HH was rejected
3) by 1600 more lr had got over
4) so, without the adequate passage of time, we can scalp sell to the last level of support which i have marked with a yellow horizontal line
5) if prie action was unable to overcome that, we are back to scalp buys as still above the white tl and longer lr lines
6)price then tries up again towards the end of the hour and makes a lower high, as marked by the purple vertical line
7) green vertical line shows a lower high at the end of tw and price breaks my key lr structure ( guess which lr line)
8) i tried to get in but , much to the joy of the rank amateurs, the trade failed as i was being too risk averse and moved my stop in too soon. I was worried it was a setup as it was too obvious!
im sure F will clarify if i am seeing it wrong

Attachments

• jon.PNG
    jon.PNG
    173.8 KB · Views: 168
4 20 pm

Chart from 3 09 pm to 4 09 pm - 1 hr

Nice movements

2 scalp buys - 2 scalp sells - last one still got partials on

Note the KT's and quick 2 LRs cross overs and also PA reading etc

spread mostly under 1.1 pips

Late on first scalp buy - thats why not over 40 pips

198454d1441207647-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-1-hour-96-pips-20915.png

Hi Jon

OK good question - and maybe its a reason why members following - like Sun11 and a few others are not making anything like 50 or 100 + pips a day - every day.

I have put my chart up on the UCad for that time and your question - ie you would have been stopped out at 3 51/ 3 sell - at it would have been too early and you would have lost 5 pips.

The answer though is in the multi LR structure and the PA

If you are working on 3 or 4 LR's purely for scalping - then you will catch many 3 -7 pips winners - but also will get false entries and if you are not super quick - will not get out with just 1 pip or break even

If you look at my chart - i had bought lower and by 3 51 am I would have peeled and would have been ready to look for sells - but the other LRs under price would keep me - plus the PA also said - still wants higher

If you worked on say 12 - 15 pip stops - no problem - but then you would still have only made similar when it did drop after 3 56 pm and 4 00 pm

But - i strongly recommend you to stay with very tight stops - improve you timing and reading of the charts in the "noise" or as I say - at the "coalface" and then you will see all the benefits

YES - you will have losses - but keep them as small as possible - even with a 5 pip stop if it moves 3 pips in your favour but then turns up - as soon as b/E or minus 1 - get out - dont wait for minus 5 or 7 etc

Then when it does line up better with multi crosses - then enter again and do the same

As soon as you get a runner with a scalp making over 7 or 10 + pips - then gives you the RR's of 2 + and you can easily afford a few losses

Catch a few 15 -25 pip scalps - and then RR's of 3 to 5 - and you will have big smiles on your face and think - even it took me 2 bad entries and I lost 6 pips - i still made a RR of 3 etc etc

In conclusion - its all down to reading PA and LR structures - which only comes with experience - not 10k hrs to get there - just 500 hrs getting used to LRs in different sets will get you at 70% win level and working with 5 pip stops OK

Hope that helps - and more questions - no problem - every evening or night just post them and i will try and answer them if not within a few hrs - certainly no more than a day etc

All the best with tomorrow

Regards

F

at 15.50, price action has been higher highs and higher lows, so i would be lkooking at pa until 4.00pm to give me some interim structure from which i can judge a little more. the blue line i have put on the chart is just that, an interim support formed in the last few minutes of the hour. Do you notice that by 16.00 hrs we have had the following happen.
2) that HH was rejected
4) so, without the adequate passage of time, we can scalp sell to the last level of support which i have marked with a yellow horizontal line
5) if prie action was unable to overcome that, we are back to scalp buys as still above the white tl and longer lr lines
6)price then tries up again towards the end of the hour and makes a lower high, as marked by the purple vertical line
7) green vertical line shows a lower high at the end of tw and price breaks my key lr structure ( guess which lr line)
8) i tried to get in but , much to the joy of the rank amateurs, the trade failed as i was being too risk averse and moved my stop in too soon. I was worried it was a setup as it was too obvious!

Better answer than mine I reckon

(y)

See you around tomorrow - in after 6 15 am

Regards

Better answer than mine I reckon

(y)

See you around tomorrow - in after 6 15 am

Regards

Hi F

And a warm welcome to anyone being given access to the thread.:smart:

There appears to be an infestation of multi nics at the moment on T2win so please don't be too disheartened if it takes time to get in

Cheers N

2) that HH was rejected

Loved this reply (y). Thanks for your time.

I been quite busy troubleshooting my trading laptop......Ctrader is hanging and blocking everything. Somebody else experiencing problems with Ctrader?

It's a pleasure to read the thread without the dissers annoying stupidity.:clap:

I been quite busy troubleshooting my trading laptop......Ctrader is hanging and blocking everything. Somebody else experiencing problems with Ctrader?

It's a pleasure to read the thread without the dissers annoying stupidity.:clap:

Hi K

Yes I have the odd problem with ctrader.

At least 2 or 3 times per week - and then some days - no problems at all

Maybe worth de installing and then reinstalling latest edition etc ?

Other than that - not really that computer tech so hopefully someone else can help or ask on their website - of even their thread on this forum

All the best

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.