a free gift to total newbies from MajorDutch

Who said it was coincidence? I think the counter argument is that your tea-leaf analysis is wide of causality mark.

Of course it's not a coincidence... That's the sort of thing that happens when there are concentrated short gamma positions at certain strikes and the mkt knows about them. No easy way to exploit it, though, IMHO. Well, not that I know of, anyways.

pin bar
2%
2:1 RR (min)
hard stops and targets

In Teh Money!

Nothing inherently wrong with TA, to be sure... It's just that I believe that you need to be aware of the actual underlying reason these things are occurring in the mkt. Otherwise, it's a bit of flying blind, IMHO.

For me, only TA that means anything is trend lines/channels and wedges thanks.
This candle analysis stuff is like dom and TS with the added benefit of less information.

Haven't checked it but I'd hazard that a mechanical TA system would fare as well (or less so) than a random entry system.

In the spirit of giving, there's all sorts of effects like this... Look at the intraday EURUSD arnd/into 1:15PM GMT. It's all just flows, some of which occur with regularity at the moment. No guarantee that they will keep happening the same way going fwd.

Haven't checked it but I'd hazard that a mechanical TA system would fare as well (or less so) than a random entry system.

and whats wrong with random entry sytems :LOL: I wouldnt give up random entries for all of the tea in china.

Nothing if you can make money using them. What I'm saying is why bother stressing with TA if you can sit on your ar5e and enter randomly for the same (or more) return.

What I'm saying is why bother stressing with TA if you can sit on your ar5e and enter randomly for the same (or more) return.

Managing mechanical strategies takes a lot more work than trading TA based set ups which is quite a disadvantage, and I can still get better entries and exits with TA than I can from the robots. On the plus side, mechanical strategies are relatively stress free.

Managing mechanical strategies takes a lot more work than trading TA based set ups which is quite a disadvantage, and I can still get better entries and exits with TA than I can from the robots. On the plus side, mechanical strategies are relatively stress free.

Hi Mr Hare, I hope Malta is treating you well. I for one would like to increase my knowledge on random entry trading strategies. Not that I want to trade them anytime soon but I want to increase my knowledge. Is there a book/other resource that you would recommend to learn about random entries?

In the spirit of giving, there's all sorts of effects like this... Look at the intraday EURUSD arnd/into 1:15PM GMT. It's all just flows, some of which occur with regularity at the moment. No guarantee that they will keep happening the same way going fwd.

That pin bar (15m) hasn't helped your case much.

:D
pin-i-1.GIF

Is there a book/other resource that you would recommend to learn about random entries?

Evidence based technical analysis by David Aronson.

Ronald Raygun at FF knows the score. I havnt really read his posts in any detail, but I've read enough to know he's probably the only member over there who'll ever make any real money out of this game. If he's not cracked it already, he soon will.

Fooled by Randomness is well worth a read, Drunkards walk by Mlodinow, Liars Poker by Michael Lewis, zuppys posts at various forums. The easiest way is to start taking some trades, and see where it gets you :)

Looks like an obscene hand gesture to me. I'm offended.

Attachments

• pin-i-2.GIF
    pin-i-2.GIF
    17.9 KB · Views: 183