95% failure rate...

My mother could go to hell (but thats another story). As for the badge, it may just seperate the boys from the men, the do'ers and the talkers.

Call it distinction if you like. That way, new people to the site know who to listen to and who to take with a pinch of salt.

Not really - all they can tell is the people who can be bothered to put all this effort in to list ****:D

It doesn't - it identifies someone traded profitably for a month.

And it definitely doesn't identify everyone who can trade properly!

It doesn't - it identifies someone traded profitably for a month.

And it definitely doesn't identify everyone who can trade properly!

I think a thousand trades would certainly show who trades and who talks.

Those who are trading and yet stil not succeeding could also be helped by those who are trading and profitable.

The current set up is that anyone is taking advice from anyone, the saying 'blind leading the blind' could be used effectively here.

There are only a handfull of people on this forum I would actually listen to and take advice from, then implement it. This has only come from my own experience to know (with almost certainty) who trades and who talks. Those one's I'm not sure about I obviously have to rule out as that could be dangerous to my wages.

At the end of the day, this is purely volantary and those who wish to take part can, those who dont, dont. If I was a newbie to this site, I would certainly only listen to the ones who actively trade. A badge would instantly distinguise between those who do to those that dont with amazing precision. Of coures, if they cant/wont post their trades (which is p1ss easy to do) then why would they bother to help me out.

In most instances, just knowing that someone else on this forum is making money regularly from the markets is good enough to keep trying. If they give up their time to help, thats even better. Not mentioning no names (trader dante amongst a few others)

I emailed Sharky to alert him to the basic idea and this thread.

I think there should be a new section created for the purpose and on it, the names of those who want to prove themselves. Under their names would be a thread and in that thread, the trader would post not trade calls but screenshots of their accounts so it is clear the actual trades are being taken. Once they have demonstrated one month or more profitability going forward then they would simply email a member of the T2W team and ask to have their icon added. I am sure that it would attract a lot of interest and anyone that cheated would no doubt be picked up by the close scrutiny of their peers (thinking of Hoggums catching Spanish89 out on his demo account lol)

The only disadvantage I can think of this is that if you are making good money you may well get inundated by a lot of newbies private messaging you and bombarding you with questions. I think that is why a lot of people like to keep anonymous. I know a few of you (no names) that are making very good money but would never reveal it (and indeed like to post the odd "amateur" question to throw people off the scent - I'm not joking either)

Anyway, we'll see what Sharky says...

say that if you like, I think it's a bloody stupid idea as it implies those who are prepared to go through these hoops are the better traders which is probably pretty misleading...

On the other hand supplying a monthly statement is child's play!

say that if you like, I think it's a bloody stupid idea as it implies those who are prepared to go through these hoops are the better traders which is probably pretty misleading...

I don't think there is anything wrong with a monthly statement arabiannights but I think it should be going forward not from what is in the past. So you could wait until the end of the month and then post it. That means people have to trade consistently from NOW ON. Otherwise there is nothing to stop people picking a period that was good and then posting it. I could have just simply used my account from TD's journal. £40 - £1600 in 3 weeks and then just ommit the part where I refused to get out of a long equity position and gave most of my gains back :)

We're all intitled to our opinions of course, and I respect it, from you at least old timer.

As for determining who is the better trader against those who wish to jump through hoops. It actually does both, if someone is willing to prove they trade would you not want to take advice from someone or something that is proven, not just empty words from what could be anyone on the net, lets face it, most of us dont know who we are speaking with most of the time, we have no names, no pictures, no address, some of us even hide what country we're from.

Well, thats fine if we want to stay anonymous, thats the benefit (and flaw) of the internet. But, if i'm gonna take any advice or information I NEED to know that it comes from a worthy source, this is not kids play for me, this is very real and indeed the wrong avenue would cost me money, and thats something I dont enjoy.

We wouldn't trade a system or buy one without results, equally we wouldn't invest our money or time in something that is not worthy of it.

Again, this is purely volantary and no one is oblidged to show there hand if they dont wish, however, like I said, if I were a newbie, I know who I would listen to.

It's very easy to fake anything on the internet.

Maybe the criteria should be ripping up a £50 note on webcam.

Anyone stupid enough to do this probably isn't a succesful trader!

Glad to see so many discussing the idea and thanks to Trader D for recommending the post about the trading room(more please). Any potential mentor would really have to not trade while demonstarting in the room as if done while trading it would cause the posts to be delayed and open to malipulation. Also it would be difficult for scalping and tape reading mentors to demonstarte as seconds count,so past posting again would be easy.There are however mentors on here who would have no excuse for not demonstrating in real time. Two weeks is ample time as we would be able to tell the flukes and lucky trades. What we are looking for is mentors who have between 2-20 trades a day. We dont need commentry, just In,out,stop. This should be typed in immediately so as to leave no doubt. Ideally it should be spoken which would be quicker and more accurate. The room could accomodate at least 2 traders at once.No doubt many will try and find flaws and excuses for not doing it,but think how they will look if the room is established and they havent participated. Who would you chose,one who has or one who hasnt.

Obviously.

It is however very easy to fake a report.

You are absolutely right......but the motive is???????

Words of wisdom backed up with a trading report is very hard to fake and for what????

Vendors maybe, like minded people on here who have nothing to gain, not even self respect when no one knows who we are, nor cares.

So, motive is??????

Like has been mentioned, fake report or not, this is totally volantary, not obligatory.

You are absolutely right......but the motive is???????

Words of wisdom backed up with a trading report is very hard to fake and for what????

Vendors maybe, like minded people on here who have nothing to gain, not even self respect when no one knows who we are, nor cares.

So, motive is??????

Like has been mentioned, fake report or not, this is totally volantary, not obligatory.

Lee, I agree mate but maybe they do it for online kudos?! There is a surprising amount of people who's online life is their life and, therefore, get a buzz from an online community thinking they are the dog's bits.

Lee, I agree mate but maybe they do it for online kudos?! There is a surprising amount of people who's online life is their life and, therefore, get a buzz from an online community thinking they are the dog's bits.

Lol,

Nice one, made me smile but its sad to know that it is true. (albeit rare and a few)

Although aware of this, over time they would be feeling so good that they would eventually get hooked into trading anyway, after all, if they know loads about it, googled or not, fake traded and took punts, eventually (I believe) they would think, hang on a minute, this aint as hard as I thought and I seem to know a fair amount to have a go.

If this is not the case, fcuk em, who cares, I think between you, trader dante and myself, not to mention a few others would either smell them out quicker than a bacon butty on a monday morning or simply wouldn't care to give them the light of day.

Anyway, thats what facebook was invented for.

The exercise will hopefully get people pulling money out of there accounts rather than putting it in. (but only those who are willing to listen and implement what they learn....me included)

More of my life is online than the average person (although I also think less of my life is online than the average poster here! My post count derives from the fact spewing crap takes no time at all :))

But I just want to be known as a testicle, I'm not terribly bothered which animal it belongs to.

I think others in a similar situation to myself will think the same.

It's depth_trade I feel most sorry for here, you know.

How about one of you more establised guys approach Alan Rich, Mr Charts or one of the other regular mentors and see if they would do it. We can always say that they respectfully declined to do the trial.

It's very easy to fake anything on the internet.

Maybe the criteria should be ripping up a £50 note on webcam.

Anyone stupid enough to do this probably isn't a succesful trader!

On the contrary, successful traders could afford to do it.

I feel uneasy about people posting their trading accounts online.

This IMO may well appeal to dick swingers and saddos who didn't get enough breast milk when they were babies.

In fact most of the truly wealthy and successful people I know are very understated about their money, and posting profits in the public domain would be an anathema to them.