95% failure rate...

Can you guys explain how bots are going to take over trading. I would rather be up against 99% bots then humans. A boit has to be programmed by a human and once you know its criterior you know how to beat it. Simple but true

Can you guys explain how bots are going to take over trading. I would rather be up against 99% bots then humans. A boit has to be programmed by a human and once you know its criterior you know how to beat it. Simple but true

We're still a long way away from it. The black boxes that exist at the moment are programmed based on statistical analysis. 'If this > that - then do this, if not...do the other'. However, it's when they start to become intelligent and learn for themselves that it will become difficult because a machine is far quicker than a human and it can process far more data. I think we're still a good 50 years from that though.

I was thinking while floating in a meditative state three inches off the ground and facing East... just because a trader can be highly profitable, it doesn't mean he/she can teach you what you need to become a profitable trader yourself. Why should it?

This does, of course, ruin my original post so please ignore this one.