95% failure rate...

Does it have to be going forward, or would a member be able to post their trades over the last two weeks or longer to get the 'badge of honour'?

I'll volunteer too. Based on past or future trades. (i think past trades should be proved by way of statements, etc).

Not saying i'm brilliant- far from it- i don't know what i'm doing half the time i'm sure (particularly today- bad day!).

I like telling people what to do. It's really easy to talk about what we SHOULD be doing in the markets. I know a lot of theories. What is less easy is putting it all into practise. I think this is why some people sound really knowledgeable and even make good teachers- but they would just never cut it as real traders.

I might take 2 trades in 2 weeks... a sample of 2 is not quite suitable. And I could fake past accounts, anyway. Have Photoshop, will travel.

There are many rooms or ways this could be done. I cant beleie pople are talking about past trades. Yes accounts can be copied so it should just be a live room for mentors who are selling a service and all calls must be live. Id love to hear their excuses why they dont want to do it

I think it would be a great idea if they made half the people that give advice on this forum pass a live 2 week test.
But you won't find many people that would put their neck on the line.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'm sorry, I never meant to mislead anyone, honest guv'.
Okay, okay, I'll tender my resignation as a 'T2W Advisor' by the end of the day!
Tim.

I'd do this. Just for the lulz and pretty badge of course.

Here's your badge.

86832222v5_350x350_Front.jpg

The two week proving themselves would still allow for so many 'lucky' gamblers/traders to slip through, once they have there badge, God help us.

Just think of some of the half wits that have come here and had a good run only to find that when the market changed (as it constantly does) they couldn't handle it anymore and done there b0ll0cks.

Also, if we could decide when we were to post our trades, we'd simply pick the best two weeeks to date and post 'em.

I think the real proof is in logevity and and the words spoken. A good trader can always tell an idiot to a newbie to a lucky gambler with scary precision.

The two week proving themselves would still allow for so many 'lucky' gamblers/traders to slip through, once they have there badge, God help us.

Just think of some of the half wits that have come here and had a good run only to find that when the market changed (as it constantly does) they couldn't handle it anymore and done there b0ll0cks.

Also, if we could decide when we were to post our trades, we'd simply pick the best two weeeks to date and post 'em.

I think the real proof is in logevity and and the words spoken. A good trader can always tell an idiot to a newbie to a lucky gambler with scary precision.

Posting trades from past history should not be allowed. Even the worst trader probably has a two week streak that makes them look like a genius. Also, I agree with Lee, perhaps two weeks isn't long enough to show consistency particularly if you are, for example, a position trader.

Forex Factory have a slightly different system in which they try to establish who the consistent traders are by giving you a badge if you have made over 1,000 real money trades. This is not the best system but it is, at least, something. Although it doesn't necessarily show you are making money, it does show you are actually TRADING rather than TALKING.

Posting trades from past history should not be allowed. Even the worst trader probably has a two week streak that makes them look like a genius. Also, I agree with Lee, perhaps two weeks isn't long enough to show consistency particularly if you are, for example, a position trader.

Forex Factory have a slightly different system in which they try to establish who the consistent traders are by giving you a badge if you have made over 1,000 real money trades. This is not the best system but it is, at least, something. Although it doesn't necessarily show you are making money, it does show you are actually TRADING rather than TALKING.

Now that sounds like something that would work, as long as one is trading, they are learning themselves, also, how many people could stand losing over that amount of time.

I touched your star but it said that I couldn't give you one so I have to spread the love around a bit more.

Hang on, that didn't come out right at all. :D

All sounds good. How would it work? Would we each have a specific thread relating to our trades (a bit like a trading journal) where we post our entires and exits as we make them?

Would we each have a specific thread relating to our trades (a bit like a trading journal) where we post our entires and exits as we make them?

Yes I think this would be a good idea.

But the team at T2W would need to put the system in place, perhaps creating a seperate forum and of course, the badge of honour.

Also, I think trade entries and exits would be enough - no reasons would need to be given for those that want to keep their strategies under wraps.

Yes I think this would be a good idea.

But the team at T2W would need to put the system in place, perhaps creating a seperate forum and of course, the badge of honour.

Also, I think trade entries and exits would be enough - no reasons would need to be given for those that want to keep their strategies under wraps.

Badge of honour!

Is this the boy scouts?

I can see an elite club starting here.

Become a big cheese on a cyberspace trading forum.

Your mothers would be proud......:D

Badge of honour!

Is this the boy scouts?

I can see an elite club starting here.

Become a big cheese on a cyberspace trading forum.

Your mothers would be proud......:D

My mother could go to hell (but thats another story). As for the badge, it may just seperate the boys from the men, the do'ers and the talkers.

Call it distinction if you like. That way, new people to the site know who to listen to and who to take with a pinch of salt.