Automatic Pattern Search

This is a discussion on Automatic Pattern Search within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; If you think so, why do you keep on sending messages asking for some kind of [illegal] swap? APS lets ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2005, 3:38pm   #15

Joined Mar 2005
If you think so, why do you keep on sending messages asking for some kind of [illegal] swap? APS lets you select you target/stop, profitability and consecutive losers. I use a target 3 timesas much as the stop and I still find pattern with a profit factor of 2 to 3 based on Wealth-Lab back-tests. I think you fail to realize this relationship holds:

Profit factor = (average win/average loss) x (win frequency/loss frequency)

So if I have 9 out of 10 trades losing 5 points each and I make 70 points when I win, profit factor = 1.555.

If I have 2 out of 10 trades losing 40 points and I make only 20 points when I win, profit factor = 2.0

Are you missing something Dan?

Alexander
Old May 20, 2005, 8:13am   #16
Joined Apr 2005
Yes I had calculated the profit factor as well. Most of them have 1.5 & above which seems petty good. Since I had not trade these patterns, I seek to argue from a therotical point of view & of course I welcome trader who had use APS for a long time, stay profitable & justifiable that the realtime trades experience do matches or deviate slightly from the historical APS testing.

Another point is you mentioned abt using 2 or 3 times the target profit. In your case, would it affect the pecentage winner & consective loser since the pattern statistics are form base of a fixed stop & profit target?
Dan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:36pm   #17

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Wink Re: Automatic Pattern Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolway
I'm wondering if anybody has come across this site, and what peoples opinions are?

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/Software/APS/aps.htm

Hi,

check out www.tradingbasis.com

They offer much more tools. The website looks better. i have not tested the APS tools but i have purchased the tradingbasis tools and i am happy so far :-)

Jamy
Jamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 2:17pm   #18

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamy
Hi,

check out www.tradingbasis.com

They offer much more tools. The website looks better. i have not tested the APS tools but i have purchased the tradingbasis tools and i am happy so far :-)

Jamy
Always beware of programs that offer detection of prepackaged signals. I have purchased APS and it does remarkable things for its price. Automatic code generation for wealth-lab included in APS changed my trading life for ever. I agree their website does not look fancy, but APS is as fancy as a program can get these days.

Check out the automatic code generation:

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/Softw...ep5/step5.html

Alexander
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:47pm   #19
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander
There is an interesting article posted in that site:

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/About.../article1.html

Alexander
here's the best pattern software i have seen:

combining quant, FA and TA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

combining the three methods makes some sense, but what does this effectively in an affordable package? i have found www.yourika.com tymora trader to be excellent in this regard. tell me what you think !

surfer
marketsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:02pm   #20

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by equtrader
Alexander, I have been using APS since it first came out in 2002. It is a great program. There is a new version just out and I plan to get the upgrade this weekend. The new version generates code for Metastock, Tradestation, Wealth-Lab and TeleChart. Cool stuff. Go to the website (www.tradingpatterns.com) and download the new demo version. If you have any questions about the program the support is excellent but I could also give you some good hints, just send me a private message. - Joe
Joe please call 713-201-7520 or e.mail back about APS would consider some consultation fee for basic explanation on usage or email direct ecorral@texasds.com thanks
larroc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:07pm   #21
Joined Sep 2006
I'm looking for a used copy of APS latest version. Please send pm, do not send email. Jim
dmilong is offline   Reply With Quote