my journal

This is a discussion on my journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Celebration!!! After tampering, and risking blowing out my account, after two weeks of drawdown on my systems... today I finally ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:21pm   #456

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Celebration!!!

After tampering, and risking blowing out my account, after two weeks of drawdown on my systems... today I finally got home and found some good money on my systems and discretionary trading from this morning, for a total of about 2000. I am very very happy. I decided to close everything, because now that the non-tampering rule has fallen, I feel this profit might disappear and so I am taking it because right now I need anything but more disappointments. Especially after today's problems at work.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Old Oct 29, 2009, 5:57pm   #457

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Still feeling really bad about today's humiliating talk with the "boss". He's right though: I am not special, as I always feel. I should start behaving normally, and not mix fun with work, and journal writing with work emails. Co-workers do not need to be told that I am depressed, rebellious, upset, tired, worn out. Let's keep personal comments out of those emails, so I'll be a perfect employee. Also, let's stop complaining to everyone I meet in the hallway about how much I am working. Let's just reply "fine, thanks".
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:45pm   #458

Joined Dec 2008
i think you should be an honorary Brit.

we love complaining, you'd fit right in over here

in fact we're deeply suspicious of anyone who doesn't complain.

--------------------
All your base are belong to Blix
--------------------
UK Equities Thread - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-s...orgasbord.html
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:35pm   #459

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Good, thanks. I feel very close to the Brits. For their education and good manners. They're civilized people, much like all other Northern Europeans. Don't forget I am in a country where the majority voted for Berlusconi. And if you do that, you're either dishonest or stupid.

On the other hand, it's partly natural: those who behave by the rules, are going to notice when others aren't playing by the rules, and sometimes they will complain about it. In my case, I do it all the time, and my boss got tired: I am incessantly complaining about the fact that almost everyone else is working less than me (less quantity and less quality), and it got on his nerves to the point that he forgot how much he actually appreciates my work. At my bank, there's like two thirds of all employees who practically do nothing all day long: coffee breaks, phone calls, cigarette breaks.

Last edited by travis; Oct 29, 2009 at 8:41pm.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:56pm   #461

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
At my bank, there's like two thirds of all employees who practically do nothing all day long: coffee breaks, phone calls, cigarette breaks.
are they hiring?

--------------------
All your base are belong to Blix
--------------------
UK Equities Thread - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-s...orgasbord.html
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:19pm   #462

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Yeah, definitely a good place to apply for a relaxing job. It's like being on vacation there, or rather it's like being in jail, since you can't do anything and cannot leave. I worked at the registry office for two years. Only two hours of work a day, because there really was nothing to do there. So I started to study excel on my own, and here I am: the excel whiz. No wonder: when they keep you in a room for two years with nothing else to do... I read about a thousand pages of Walkenbach's manuals.
Closed Thread