my journal

This is a discussion on my journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Good news. Position's evolving in the right direction....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 22, 2009, 5:49pm   #372

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Good news. Position's evolving in the right direction.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:18pm   #373

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Ok, the account is growing again. I am still a struggling trader, hungry for capital. But now i've established that I won't withdraw any more, so my capital should just keep growing. No more CL for a while so no big and dangerous drawdowns ahead of me.

So: no more withdrawing, no more drawdowns, no more discretionary trading - no more dangers for my capital. Will I now let it grow? Or will I come up with something to stop it from growing? I see it growing, if I don't touch it, at a speed of about 200 a day on average (since there'll be days where it doesn't grow, but also +1000 days). I'll recover from that huge CL drawdown in one month. Yeah, it sucks but it is indeed a month that I need. Then what? Then of course I should not start with the CL again. Well, my objective of reaching 50k is still very very far. But at 20k I might be able to increase the conctracts on the best systems, or trade more systems in case they're all doing as well (by then I'll have almost 50 of them, if the opening gap strategy works out).
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:20pm   #374

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Ok, bad news again. Check it out. Just a few minutes ago I was making 250 and now less than 100. Pretty depressing. But, hey, I am just a spectator. I can't touch anything.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:58pm   #375

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Thanks to this journal and to the readers and their feedback and their caring about me not relapsing into compulsive gambling, the fact that I now see +300 no longer makes me feel the urge of tampering by closing my position early. I have gotten used to the habit of not tampering, by exposing it so much here. Thank you, readers, for caring about my problems. You made me want to be a better man.

Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:26pm   #376

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Ok, here's my last positions update for today, 'cause people are getting bored with my updates on positions, because they're tiring snapshots to take and crop every time, and because for once I am going out to dinner, which actually means "going in" because I am going to bring two pizzas to a neighbour's apartment. Yes, I made friends with a neighbouress, and I just asked her "in" to dinner. I invited myself to her apartment and offered to bring two pizzas.

It's funny because I used to take her "out" to japanese restaurants, but now that I'm poor again, I have to take her "in" with pizzas.

Anyway, the position is going ok, and considering my wrong predictions of yesterday ("I can definitely say that I will make at least 400" and then I made 250), I would estimate that, being right now at about +500 for the day (-4200 for the past 6 days), I will definitely close at above zero, but I don't know by how much. So today's my second positive day of the week.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:18am   #377

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Ok, so I'm back. For a while no more updates on my equity. Let's just say that it's finally approaching 10k. Also, as i said tirelessly, no more withdrawing from the trading account, no more discretionary trading (in 2 days it will be one month since my last discretionary trade), no more systems with big drawdown. I am serene. I will talk slightly less in the near future because i am more serene and when I am like that, I write and talk less.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 7:11am   #378

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...tml#post916608

Quote:
Sep 24, 2009, 8:22pm

A whole two weeks of successful interfering... got cockier and cockier... more and more reckless... and finally today they got all the money back plus a lot of extra money (overall, as usual, twice as much as I had made with all my interfering). Now I'll try to get it back (I shouldn't but I will, most likely). It'll work for a while, till they'll get it all back plus more of it. On and on... It's been this way ever since I started automated trading. I just can't find a way to stay off of it, and find other things to do. Unbelievable. Un****ing believable.
Tomorrow at 8 PM it will be one month. But tomorrow there's no trading. So, tonight it will be one month. I've put a month of non-tampering between me and my addiction.

Good morning. Oh, look: that seagull is sitting on the rock again, exactly where he was yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
snap2.jpg  
Closed Thread