MET Traders?? Any info appreciated

This is a discussion on MET Traders?? Any info appreciated within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hi, I've got an interview with MET Traders based in West Hampstead, London. Does anyone have any info on them? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:23pm   #1

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
MET Traders?? Any info appreciated

Hi, I've got an interview with MET Traders based in West Hampstead, London. Does anyone have any info on them? anyone had an interview with them before?
I've looked around on these boards and as far as i can tell its an arcade (they charge you to trade their with your own money). I've applied for a junior graduate role and am not sure what to expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:55pm   #2

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
wind started this thread Has nobody heard of them??
Old Nov 24, 2006, 3:27pm   #3

Joined Feb 2003
yep, from what I know they're big on euribor, sterling and eurodollar spreads, flies etc.... more than likely they train up bods to leg these things up all day..... for a trainee they're pretty similar to most of the other arcades (STA/Marex/etc etc). Seem reasonably respectable.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 2:47pm   #4

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
wind started this thread thanks for the info halo! its given me a few leads to research. cheers
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:41pm   #5
Joined Oct 2006
Anyone got direct experience of Met Traders? Are they mostly spreads or mixture of spreads and outright traders? How good is the training etc?
UKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:42pm   #6

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Yeah, I have an interview with them soon...is it definite that they do not offer a salary?? What sort of £ would you expect to earn in your first year? I graduate from Cam shortly and prob want a salary tbh. Can anyone tell me what the numeracy test and interview was like please??? Cheers!
smithe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 1:21pm   #7
Joined Mar 2008
Hi smithe7. How did you get on?

I had a numerical test and interview with them recently and have been offered a place. I need to make a decision in the next few days and am pretty sure I'm gonna take it. If anyone has a good reason why I shouldn't, speak now or forever hold your peace The only thing that was a slight turn off is the lack of salary for the first 3 months...but I guess that is gonna be the same anywhere and is probs worth the struggle if I am making decent commission after training period is over.

Re: pay...there is an article on the efinancialcareers.com website in which Danny Kessler of Met Traders says that there are 23yr olds at the firm making half a mill a year. Altho these traders may not represent the norm it does show that such earnings are possible at MET. Does anyone have any idea on what the average trader might be earning in their first year trading STIR futures (on 50% commission)? Thanx
ahussain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:53pm   #8
Joined Nov 2007
ive basically had an offer. not really sure if i should persue it. not sure if they are using us, or if they actually see us as a possible investment.
TheBigDog is offline   Reply With Quote