MET Traders?? Any info appreciated

This is a discussion on MET Traders?? Any info appreciated within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; thanks for this very helpful, now that your working there could you let me know what their reaction is to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:01pm   #33

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Re: MET Traders?? Any info appreciated

thanks for this very helpful,

now that your working there could you let me know what their reaction is to people coming in from non trading / finance backgrounds, and a degree that is not related to the finance world.

any guide would be helpful

thanks
edlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:29am   #34

2 Posts
Joined May 2012

Cant answer your qsn Pi3141 sorry.

Most people are from a finance background. I think it may be difficult to get the inital interview if not from such a background, only because of the number of applications received. I think they understand that being a successful trader isnt really dependent on your level of financial knowlege before joining the firm. There is an extensive training period to get everyone upto speed.
bobdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:45am   #35

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2012

thanks for the quick response,

what would your suggestion be i am eager to get into trading and i am happy to work on the basis of 100% commission what would you suggest would be the best way of entering the market place.
edlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:11pm   #36

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2012

Hi there,

I've recently been invited to test and interview with MET and was wondering if you could answer a few questions from your experience.

I'm assuming the numerical test is the generic 'trader test' - rapid mental maths style questions?

With regard to the interview, will I need to do some brushing up on futures/general technical aspects of the role, or is it focused on learning about me and how I cope with pressure?
lucianstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:14pm   #37
Joined Oct 2012

lucianstone, what is your academic background and what work experience do you have to date?
Hedge Fund Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:02pm   #38

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2012

BSc Mathematics and just finished an MSc Financial Management.

In terms of relevant work experience, none beyond a week in Private Equity Ops and some brief daytrading of my own.
lucianstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:21am   #39
Joined Nov 2012

I've never really met many traders except myself, but something tells me, they're awesome
Kinley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:38pm   #40
Joined Mar 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinley14 View Post
I've never really met many traders except myself, but something tells me, they're awesome
They're not awesome by any stretch....just regular
guys and girls trying to make a living independently. Nothing separates them from a shop owner, stall holder, car salesman etc, other than the fact that it is sold as a glamorous job by the media. The fact is very few make a decent living out of it, and by that I mean making upwards of £75K. For the record, I didn't make it trading and feel no shame or bitterness in it. But does that make the ones that do awesome? I'd say not. Does it mean they've got great discipline and money management skills? Yes. To make it as a trader is an awesome accomplishment and I tip my hat to anybody that has, but as a person, all they are is a successful businessman/woman. No more, no less.
iel187 is offline   Reply With Quote