Skill's weekend teaser

This is a discussion on Skill's weekend teaser within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; 15 minutes of silence from him... I think he's got it at last...thank fudge for that. Incidentally my pet gerbil, ...

View Poll Results: What will happen?
The plane will take off normally 25 40.32%
The plane will remain stationary 32 51.61%
The plane will run out of conveyor belt before it can take off 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:33pm   #181

Joined Nov 2008
Skill Leverage started this thread 15 minutes of silence from him... I think he's got it at last...thank fudge for that.

Incidentally my pet gerbil, who has been dead for 3 years, understood the problem 2 hours ago.
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:33pm   #182
Joined Nov 2007
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:35pm   #183
Joined Oct 2008
hey i will assume the engines are enough for the plane to fly.
Perhaps because old planes in the past require lots of forward movement to generate enough wind speed to lift off. Maybe that is why there is a misconception that forward movement is required for the air lift. I thought the plane would not take off initially. But after reading through, if the engines are enough for that force in modern times the plane definitely can fly.

Probably a plane does not need wheels at all. i guess the wheels are used for takeoff so the body does not get scratched on the ground while moving forward. The plane can be fixed on something that locks it while the engine is turned on then released once it can lift off. But wheels are used since they are required to land properly anyway. To serve these 2 purposes but actually to take off they are not really needed.
The philosophy of Heist Capital...
All your money are belong to me. Muahahahaha
teojh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:35pm   #184

Joined Nov 2008
Skill Leverage started this thread Not only were Maverick's wheels not spinning, the landing gear was inside the plane completely!! HOW ON EARTH IS IT STILL FLYING?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:36pm   #185

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill Leverage View Post
15 minutes of silence from him... I think he's got it at last...thank fudge for that.

Incidentally my pet gerbil, who has been dead for 3 years, understood the problem 2 hours ago.
news just coming in that thebramble has been airlifted to hospital for laughing so much at this thread and has split his sides, how did the aircraft escape the evil clutches of the conveyer belt I here you ask...

...easy, the emergency services used plan b and flew in the helicopter!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:36pm   #186
Joined Nov 2007
doo dooo doooo do do do do do dooo do do dooo do do dooo doodoo dooo doooooooooo

note: The aircraft carrier makes this ever so slightly relevant
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:37pm   #187

Joined Nov 2008
Skill Leverage started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by teojh View Post
hey i will assume the engines are enough for the plane to fly.
Perhaps because old planes in the past require lots of forward movement to generate enough wind speed to lift off. Maybe that is why there is a misconception that forward movement is required for the air lift. I thought the plane would not take off initially. But after reading through, if the engines are enough for that force in modern times the plane definitely can fly.

Probably a plane does not need wheels at all. i guess the wheels are used for takeoff so the body does not get scratched on the ground while moving forward. The plane can be fixed on something that locks it while the engine is turned on then released once it can lift off. But wheels are used since they are required to land properly.
The oldest plane in the world would take off mate; forward motion is required for lift, that's not the misconception, the misconception is that the conveyor belt prevents the plane from moving forward.

I am NOT getting into this with a second person...
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:38pm   #188

Joined Nov 2008
Skill Leverage started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
news just coming in that thebramble has been airlifted to hospital for laughing so much at this thread and has split his sides, how did the aircraft escape the evil clutches of the conveyer belt I here you ask...

You're doubtless implying that the whole thing was just a troll..
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:44pm   #189
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post

This one?

Click the image to open in full size.

FWIW, I have read other members posting quite complimentary comments about Bramble, and am keen to sample some of his trading related views.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen , Aspire
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:33pm   #190

Joined Aug 2008
That was fun! Maybe TheBramble has gone to test it in his plane. What would happen if the plane was on rollers? Like those that you get in a car garage. The same?