Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader

This is a discussion on Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; 100% increase on a good week is totally possible. As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:53pm   #22

Joined Sep 2005
Re: Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader

100% increase on a good week is totally possible.
As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
Still working out the best parameters to trade my system.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?
Thanks! The following members like this post: Doomberg
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:02pm   #23

Joined Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Trade View Post
As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?

What market are you trading?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:04pm   #24

Joined Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ck_St0cK_B0LL0cks View Post
What market are you trading?
Currencies
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:12pm   #25

Joined Jul 2011
Quote:
Currencies
Thats interesting, I also trade currencies and I am doing very well although I am only executing off the 4 hour chart. Typically I get an average of 4 trades a month at an average of 100 pips a trade ( not always though, sometimes I have a week with no opportunities). I haven't tried to scale my time frame down to see if I could achieve more trades. Maybe one day, for now at least I am definitely on track towards a bright future in this business.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:47pm   #26

Joined Mar 2011

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:

Why not?
Good to see people doing well, and lol i'm surprised people haven't flamed you and told you that you are doing something wrong

To answer the question myself, i'd say 1%+ a day is very respectable and is achievable, i have seen daytraders do much more
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:57pm   #27
Joined May 2010

i've sort of come to the conclusion that money gain is more important than % gain .

It's just better imo to risk a dollar amount you're okay with, rather than a % of your account.
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:57pm   #28
Joined Jul 2003

You'd be wise to take with a large pinch of salt everything eveyone says on here regarding their performance.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote