Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader

NB - I removed my post. It was meant to be funny, but it may offend which was not my intention.

100% increase on a good week is totally possible.
As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
Still working out the best parameters to trade my system.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?

As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?

What market are you trading?

Currencies

Thats interesting, I also trade currencies and I am doing very well although I am only executing off the 4 hour chart. Typically I get an average of 4 trades a month at an average of 100 pips a trade ( not always though, sometimes I have a week with no opportunities). I haven't tried to scale my time frame down to see if I could achieve more trades. Maybe one day, for now at least I am definitely on track towards a bright future in this business.

Why not?

Good to see people doing well, and lol i'm surprised people haven't flamed you and told you that you are doing something wrong :LOL:

To answer the question myself, i'd say 1%+ a day is very respectable and is achievable, i have seen daytraders do much more

i've sort of come to the conclusion that money gain is more important than % gain .

It's just better imo to risk a dollar amount you're okay with, rather than a % of your account.

You'd be wise to take with a large pinch of salt everything eveyone says on here regarding their performance.

i've sort of come to the conclusion that money gain is more important than % gain .

It's just better imo to risk a dollar amount you're okay with, rather than a % of your account.

I agree with you if one is trading an under funded account, but if you get into higher numbers where your gain is more than you really need and is well beyond a couple of percentage points, why get yourself into a hole.
If you have a 10k account and a day job, sure risk 10%
...but do you really want to risk 100k on a 1mln. account?

I agree with you if one is trading an under funded account, but if you get into higher numbers where your gain is more than you really need and is well beyond a couple of percentage points, why get yourself into a hole.
If you have a 10k account and a day job, sure risk 10%
...but do you really want to risk 100k on a 1mln. account?
I wouldn't do that, i'm just saying , with a 1mil account someone might only want to risk 5k rather than ' 2%'

Good to see people doing well, and lol i'm surprised people haven't flamed you and told you that you are doing something wrong :LOL:

To answer the question myself, i'd say 1%+ a day is very respectable and is achievable, i have seen daytraders do much more

Half a percent to 1% per day is exceptional year on year..as for messing around in contests and stuff 400%+ in a month is doable..for the month, many bimbos can do 250%, it means fook all..I've done the bimbo thing.

Now then, if you find anyone on currensee who's doing the kind of figures depth charge reckons are possible (month in month out) they'd have a following stretching around the globe, and they'd be on there not Fordexdesk and they wouldn't be on here competing for braggings rights, using a micro account, to win a dab radio style prize each month...

I mean, I get the point about perseverance. But the problem is most folk see a bit of transliterated Kanji and confer upon it a spiritual Zen like significance purely because of its apparent provenance, and in the process completely abdicate any responsibility for thinking it through and identifying it for what it is - total nonsense.

Fall down seven times; get up seven times – that’s perseverance.

Fall down seven times; get up eight times - that's fuggin levitation.

The additional problem with treating perseverance as a positive trait in and of itself is that it rarely differentiates against competence. A complete plank could persevere. Surely the point is to persevere where there is a point in persevering and when there is none, cutting loose. That’s the real skill – knowing where you are what your limits are and what to do.

Either way, my money is on the man who manages to stay on his feet, not on the dork doing the falling down.

I mean, I get the point about perseverance. But the problem is most folk see a bit of transliterated Kanji and confer upon it a spiritual Zen like significance purely because of its apparent provenance, and in the process completely abdicate any responsibility for thinking it through and identifying it for what it is - total nonsense.

Fall down seven times; get up seven times – that’s perseverance.

Fall down seven times; get up eight times - that's fuggin levitation.

The additional problem with treating perseverance as a positive trait in and of itself is that it rarely differentiates against competence. A complete plank could persevere. Surely the point is to persevere where there is a point in persevering and when there is none, cutting loose. That’s the real skill – knowing where you are what your limits are and what to do.

Either way, my money is on the man who manages to stay on his feet, not on the dork doing the falling down.

er..ok..Tony..:eek: there there..

Been a while since I read a post on T2W that really has any substance, but Tony's last post has hit the nail right on.

Excellent. I'll make videos rather than trade.

I don't have time to watch the video right now as it obviously goes on for a number of years if it covers consistency and every day. Do let me know how it turns out.

I mean, what if you fell down six times and got up and on the seventh time and said “Aw fuggit, enough is enough”.

Would that be a smarter ass than the one who gets up again even though he’s not planning on doing anything different this time?

Or what if you fall down five times, get up five and then walk off. Shoot some steroids. Come back. Get yo ass kicked another couple of times and then walk off. Is that more sensible?