London Commodity Options Trader

contango

We are a leading global investment bank active in both physical and financial energy commodity trading. With the growth in the energy commodity options market, we are looking to hire an options / derivatives trader looking to enter the energy market, perhaps from equities or FX. The focus will be on developing physical and financial options strategies to market to clients as well as to execute OTC and manage the derivatives portfolio. Experience in energy commodities is not a requirement but an understanding of energy markets such as coal, gas and power would be advantageous. Initially the options book will concentrate on vanilla structures but the mandate is to grow the market and hence the opportunity exists to become recognised as a leader in this market. Thus, as well as being able to trade from day one, experience of more exotic options would also be an advantage. An exceptional salary and bonus structure awaits the right candidate. The position is based in the city of London. In the first instance please send me a private message to express your interest.

Here's a little more info...
As it's a junior trading role salary will be around GBP50k with the usual big bank benefits. The right candidate should expect to double this in bonus. The rest of the energy desk is already established and you would be joining a succesful energy team.

Why advertise here?
Because I thought I'd take a chance and it's cheaper than recruitment consultants (which we also use of course). However, please don't waste your time (or mine) in responding unless you actually have options trading experience, preferably in a corporate environment. It would also be useful if you were already approved by the FSA.

Why ****e? I think it's great that he posts here. There are many budding traders who would snap up a chance like this. I would... except I don't think he'd let me work just 2 hours a day max, while listening to the radio, surfing the web, using various forums, chatting to mates on MSN and all in the comfort of my pants. :devilish:

I posted this originally because it's free and we were having trouble finding decent energy options traders. The recruitment agents were simply trawling their CV base and if they found the words "options" and "energy" they would send them on to me to sift through. The pool of options traders with experience in energy (oil, coal, gas) is fairly small and the really good guys with actual experience of managing an options book cost a fortune.

I got a few interesting responses from people here but unfortunately we couldn't find the right level of options experience that we needed. Ultimately we hired someone internally from our metals desk.

I don't give a toss whether anyone thinks this was bogus or not. As a trader you make the call and you reap the benefits. No need to broadbast your opinion because it's worth nothing unless you can back it with action. The two people that did come in for an interview got to see a bank's commodities trading floor (albeit through the glass wall). No doubt they benefited from the experience even though they didn't get the job.

The two people that did come in for an interview got to see a bank's commodities trading floor (albeit through the glass wall). No doubt they benefited from the experience even though they didn't get the job.

That's like saying my son looked through the car window to get the experience of being able to drive.

I'm sure he means from an inspiration point of view....

I'm sure he means from an inspiration point of view....

Thanks. That's exactly what I meant i.e. I'm sure they benefitted from the interview experience, not from looking through a glass wall... Sheesh! People here are more cynical than the guys on my desk.

Here's a little more info...
As it's a junior trading role salary will be around GBP50k with the usual big bank benefits. The right candidate should expect to double this in bonus. The rest of the energy desk is already established and you would be joining a succesful energy team.

Why advertise here?
Because I thought I'd take a chance and it's cheaper than recruitment consultants (which we also use of course). However, please don't waste your time (or mine) in responding unless you actually have options trading experience, preferably in a corporate environment. It would also be useful if you were already approved by the FSA.

Hi ,
Can u give us some more information about how to apply for this position?

Are you still looking for options traders?

Hi there.

Just a quick enquiry. Are you still looking for an options trader on your energy desk?
I have experience in trading oil futures and Im looking to move into options on energy futures. Hope to hear back from you.

Thanks.
The Ghost.

We are a leading global investment bank active in both physical and financial energy commodity trading. With the growth in the energy commodity options market, we are looking to hire an options / derivatives trader looking to enter the energy market, perhaps from equities or FX. The focus will be on developing physical and financial options strategies to market to clients as well as to execute OTC and manage the derivatives portfolio. Experience in energy commodities is not a requirement but an understanding of energy markets such as coal, gas and power would be advantageous. Initially the options book will concentrate on vanilla structures but the mandate is to grow the market and hence the opportunity exists to become recognised as a leader in this market. Thus, as well as being able to trade from day one, experience of more exotic options would also be an advantage. An exceptional salary and bonus structure awaits the right candidate. The position is based in the city of London. In the first instance please send me a private message to express your interest.