Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader

This is a discussion on Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by TheBramble bbmac has pretty much covered it. Percentage gains without any other data is meaningless. As is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:30pm   #17
Joined Nov 2008
Re: Performance Level Of An Exceptional Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
bbmac has pretty much covered it. Percentage gains without any other data is meaningless.

As is the question itself really.

Life tends to cluster.
As do t2w threads, clusterfook
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:44pm   #18
Joined Jul 2003

Talking of fook, how can you get up eight times if you've only fallen down seven...?
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:03pm   #19
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
Talking of fook, how can you get up eight times if you've only fallen down seven...?
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:37pm   #20

Joined Sep 2005

I would look at Forexdesk.com that has the most traders from T2W as reference.
Week on week, the winners seem to average about +34%

Of coarse there is always a different winner each week and people like myself are profitable, but not in the contest. This does give one some idea of what can be accomplished.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:40pm   #21

Joined Sep 2009

NB - I removed my post. It was meant to be funny, but it may offend which was not my intention.
bedsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:53pm   #22

Joined Sep 2005

100% increase on a good week is totally possible.
As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
Still working out the best parameters to trade my system.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?
Thanks! The following members like this post: Doomberg
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:02pm   #23

Joined Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Trade View Post
100% increase on a good week is totally possible.
As an example, I am up +27% right now with 7 positions open, risking 1% on each position and the week is still going. If I upped each position to risk 3% per trade, I could easily clear +100%.
My risk for the week right now is 7%, if I upped my risk to 21%, it could be to much, but the way I see it, each position is independent.
Still working out the best parameters to trade my system.
To answer your question, anything is possible, I don't put any limits on what is possible.

If one knows exactly why the market is moving, I think on could risk one trade at 1% risk and return 25%^^
Why not?

What market are you trading?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:04pm   #24

Joined Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ck_St0cK_B0LL0cks View Post
What market are you trading?
Currencies