CMC markets -legal action

This is a discussion on CMC markets -legal action within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by GammaJammer I work for a wholesale firm (i.e. interbank / institutional) in FX Trading. which one?...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:13pm   #256
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
I work for a wholesale firm (i.e. interbank / institutional) in FX Trading.
which one?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:16pm   #257
Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinamillion View Post
which one?
Seriously, don't step in front of this guy, he's gonna take u down.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:23pm   #258
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
hahahah more likely he'll be out in front of the office selling the big issue.

How is your suit? I sent few more to oxfam. You can pick one on the way home, (P.S if you give my name, you will get it free this time)
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:29pm   #259

Joined Aug 2003
this is one of the funniest threads I have read for ages! Cheers!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:33pm   #260
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post
this is one of the funniest threads I have read for ages! Cheers!
you dont think, i am going to have serious conversation with those joke Traders.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:38pm   #261
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
My whistle is laaaaaaverly thanks. Which branch of Oxfam did you send your old ones to? Needs to be near a drycleaners, as they tend to be sold with a faint aroma still lingering I find. Part Bull****, part fear, part general bad bodily hygene. Oh, and for some reason a hint of cabbage. Never could figure that one out.

you know which oxfam is. and they all know what a Joke Trader looks like. Dont worry about the smell, it is left from 6ft tall, blonde and perfect as*. Use it. As they say "It will suit you Sir"
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:03pm   #262
Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinamillion View Post
that's what they think sunshine. what happens if a take one simple action like, 50 people make a official complaint to FSA and office of fair trading, What do you think Goldman Sachs will do with their 10% stake in CMC (and others).

I have seen much much bigger crooks have gone down bcos they thought they can get away by cheating.
I couldn't be bothered to read all of the T's and C's, but I think the FSA only regulate the fact that CMC hold your money in a client account, and not regulate the activities of a SB company with the exception of the FSA preventing the SB company offering financial advice.

http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/en/conte...on_scheme.html

The FSA did take action against Capital Spreads for misleading contracts:

Investments – Spread betting : FSA Money made clear – Unfair contracts
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:20pm   #263
Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireBull View Post
I couldn't be bothered to read all of the T's and C's, but I think the FSA only regulate the fact that CMC hold your money in a client account, and not regulate the activities of a SB company with the exception of the FSA preventing the SB company offering financial advice.

Concerning Capital Spreads, this is the standard waiver you get from bookies, i.e. they will not assume any liability for obvious mistakes in their own market making. To present a simple example, if a bookie accepts you bet on Chelsea vs Fulham in the FA Cup Final for three times the money, they can claim it was an obvious error (sorry Fulham fans) and bust the bet. This is the type of thing that arbers profit from but at the same time face the risk of being scr**ed right back. Obviously our good friend Milly didn't accept it when it started to go against him.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:13pm   #264

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireBull View Post

The FSA don't just regulate the fact that CMC hold money in a client account. They, also, operate a policy called "Treating Customers Fairly". Hence, my suggestion that they might be approached, collectively, by those who feel that they have been ripped off.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:05pm   #265

Joined Feb 2004
Thread closed! and moved to foyer

Thanks for the reports guys ...we didn't realise it had got this far outa hand ...sorry!