CMC Complaint & Ombudsmans Response

What happened with TomTom's original court case? Did he settle out of court? Win? Lose?

Isnt there an active cmc employee on here, sure iv seen him/her post previously ?.........Anyway iv read enough to avoid them.

We just need proof that someone in there is still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like paranoia to me. Who are these 'people with inside information'? The FSA might not be too bothered about someone using a few quid on spreadbetting, but the FOS will certainly look into a complaint for you. A complaint against a SB also costs them money even if they win the case, so they'll want to avoid that if possible, especially as losing a client will mean losing a potential profit.

Update of my CMC complaint it's now end of june 2012 still waiting for a decision from the Fiancial Ombudsman Service. I got a first reply after about6 months which I didn't agree because after all that time and a superficial review of my complaint they said I should pay and discount the last trade...
Now 8 more months and they are still reviewing it. The FOS office sends me a letter every 3 months saying how busy they are and how my case will be reviewed when possible.
Meanwhile CMC sends me email everyday with the balance they consider due + interest which they update every month.

Does someone here knows if the due balance prescribes after X time?

Update of my CMC complaint it's now end of june 2012 still waiting for a decision from the Fiancial Ombudsman Service. I got a first reply after about6 months which I didn't agree because after all that time and a superficial review of my complaint they said I should pay and discount the last trade...
Now 8 more months and they are still reviewing it. The FOS office sends me a letter every 3 months saying how busy they are and how my case will be reviewed when possible.
Meanwhile CMC sends me email everyday with the balance they consider due + interest which they update every month.

Does someone here knows if the due balance prescribes after X time?

They probably used your money to develop the updated trading platform. Anyone tried it yet?