Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading

This is a discussion on Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Hi all, If you haven't looked at this new trading/gambling on-line site check it out. www.tradergames.com I joined 3 weeks ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 26, 2004, 8:33am   #1
Joined Nov 2003
Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading

Hi all,
If you haven't looked at this new trading/gambling on-line site check it out.
www.tradergames.com
I joined 3 weeks ago and am hooked. I used to play on-line poker at partypoker when not trading but this is a traders dream.

You put in some money and play against 4 -8 other players using real time forex feed to place your playmoney trades. At the end (2 hours for the shortest games , 7 days for the longest) the one with the biggest pile wins the pot. I won a pot that was 570 pounds (real money) last week!

I especially like it that I can limit losses to what I pay to join a game.
Whereas trading direct a sudden move can mean one is down a whole lot.

I'd be interested hearing from other traders who have joined or traders who play poker to compare notes.

Last edited by roberk; Nov 27, 2004 at 8:51am.
roberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:19pm   #2
Joined Nov 2003
roberk started this thread Yesterday I entered a £20 game (prize £150) and was doing well. Took an early lead with a USD/yen short and watched everyone else head south while I slowly worked up to about $2000. Then Hoagy came in with a trade and was soon approaching my level. The yen went a bit lower and looked like it might be faltering so I closed out my trade just after Hoagy closed his. I was sitting on $5450 and Hoagy on $4993.
The other 3 players were in heavy negative territory: this was the game after an hour and until about 45 minutes till the end. If things stayed like this I was sure to win.
Then the market trend started to reverse and skyline- who had been down about $50,000- was now rapidly gaining back money with a huge position in euro dollars.
I blinked. I took out a euro trade and then doubled it. The spread cost me $10,000 and then the market moved against me a couple of ticks.

At one stage skyline broker $3000 plus - and with one more tick would have won the game - but it never happened.
Hoagy toughed it out and won the game by simply staying out of the market after he closed the initial position. A lesson for trading real money too..?
http://www.tradergames.com/Results.a...viewplayerid=0

Last edited by roberk; Nov 28, 2004 at 11:25am.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 3:46am   #3

Joined May 2004
Superb idea and a good way of sorting out amongst your peers who the best trader is

My only gripe with the setup is that you can only use credit card to make a deposit otherwise would be all over this like a rash..

Hmmmmmm....maybe thats a good thing though.
GloballyRelaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 9:26am   #4
Joined Nov 2003
roberk started this thread It's excellent!
Why don't you ask them if you can wire funds in..

Last edited by roberk; Dec 2, 2004 at 4:32pm.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 4:47am   #5

Joined May 2004
Tried that...its a no go...

Oh well............not to worry.

Last edited by GloballyRelaxed; Dec 7, 2004 at 4:49am. Reason: Fat Fingers On Keyboard.
GloballyRelaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:50am   #6
Joined Nov 2003
roberk started this thread Is anyone interested in a private game on tradergames? Need 4 players and they give some good bonus promotion deals . Just pm or write a message here and I can make the game (all members can make games- but I spoke with them and they will put some money in the kitty for games I arrange)
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:11pm   #7

Joined Sep 2004
What is to stop 2 people working together?

First peson goes limit long on the most volatile contract. £50 in
Second person goes limit short on the same pair same amount. £50in

One of the 2 wins, share the profits minus £50 costs.