Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading

This is a discussion on Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; By the way, in my real trading, I'd never risk all the money in one trade: smal risk at the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:03pm   #57
Joined Feb 2005
By the way, in my real trading, I'd never risk all the money in one trade: smal risk at the beginning, and just add moderately as prices goes in my favour(see the attached). Bottom line is you shouldn't risk more than 10-15% of your total trading capital.

But in the case of game trading, sun's suggestion to add all the lot initially, and scale out makes lots of sense. The only drawback I see, is that you better be right in your initial trade direction, otherwise 4137 pounds per point move can easily put you behind all your opponents in a very short time!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:17pm   #58
Joined Nov 2003
Hi Frank

I don't know what is the best thing to do. As in adding all or place half on. The more games you have the more answers you will get

30 mins to go. And you flat 60 mill in front. You then must watch out for the other players. they got nothing to lose and can be very aggressive they can catch you up quickly.A bit like poker when they say ALL IN . So to speak. I feel I need to be more aggressive early in the game.

To roberk

I don't think we will see the 280.000 wins anymore with the spread back up to 20 pips on the usd/sek, do you think.

sun
cj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FrankC
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:24pm   #59
Joined Feb 2005
Hi sun,

Still playing the free game, and just tried to place a max 49mil in one trade, but the platform rejected the order, and only allowed me to place a 3mil trade! Has the rule being changed now?

Sent an e-mail to the help desk with the same question above, and awaiting their response.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:06pm   #60
Joined Nov 2003
Hi frank

What pair was it. you were trying to trade.

All the usd/ are 49 mil
eur is 37 mil
gbp is about 26 mil and so on play around with the free games and see what's the max you can trade on each pair and write it down.so you know how much you can trade.

you cant trade 49 mill on all of them.just the usd/---

sun
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:52pm   #61
Joined Feb 2005
Hi sun,

That was my problem...I was trying to trade 49mil on eur/usd! Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:53pm   #62
Joined Nov 2003
Roberk

I see you have not traded much recently on tradergames.is there a reason for this. Also to frank have you played for real yet.

To all members have anyone had a look at the site and what they think of it.

sun
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:02am   #63
Joined Nov 2003
roberk started this thread Hi Sun
Been trading the Nasdaq stocks this week, felt like a change. Be back soon.
roberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:24am   #64
Joined Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun123
Also to frank have you played for real yet.
Not yet sun. I am going on vacation for couple weeks, and be back at the end of March, then plan to get ready and play the real game. Cheers.